Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mini Tart Shells

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mini Tart Shells Empty Mini Tart Shells Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:05 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Mini Tart Shells.....the EASY way!

When I was planning on making my peach pies with fresh Georgia peaches for the neighbors I didn't want to take a chance that my homemade pie crust didn't turn out. I've had a heck of a time getting the right mix of butter and Crisco ever since they changed the formula of the Crisco to make it healthier for consumers. So, I bought a package of pie crust as a back up...."just-in-case".

Well, my homemade pie crust turned out just fine (not hard or tough....YEA!!) so I needed to use up the store bought. I thought it would be fun to make some mini tart shells since others here are showing off their mini meal ideas. I'm thinking I'll make light strawberry and peach yogurt filling and then pass 'em out in the neighborhood.

Mini Tart Shells Mini%20Tart%20Shells

2Mini Tart Shells Empty Re: Mini Tart Shells Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:19 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I've had a heck of a time getting the right mix of butter and Crisco ever since they changed the formula of the Crisco to make it healthier for consumers. So, I bought a package of pie crust as a back up...."

I tossed out crisco and got Lard..World of difference.had a devil of a time finding it too.Food Lion has a whole aisle of mexican food items and there it was/is..

I make bunch of stuff with PPC..I make fried pies and tarts etc..

3Mini Tart Shells Empty Re: Mini Tart Shells Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:15 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

All I can find is Armour Lard.....and, IMO, it smells and tastes like rancid beef. No thank you.

But the refrigerated dough worked fine and I filled the shells with strawberry & peach yogurt / CoolWhip mixture with some fresh chopped fruit added in.

Mini Tart Shells Strawberry%20amp%20Peach%20Yogurt%20Tartlets

4Mini Tart Shells Empty Re: Mini Tart Shells Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:55 pm

JanaAZ

cute. I also like to buy the phyllo mini tart shells.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum