Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"EASTER DINNER" 2015

+5
Barbara101
NormM
cookingirl
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51"EASTER DINNER" 2015 - Page 3 Empty Re: "EASTER DINNER" 2015 Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:58 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We had all the food, and then some. The turkey came out perfect. Moist, and perfectly seasoned.... I got the review from a Chef that cooks at two resaurants in the area.
He and his wife and three kids, Tina invited over to celebrate with us. The wife is the care giver for Tina's uncle Gabe who lives with us.
Maria, DD cooked a marinated pork shoulder, and it was superb.
The ham was a spiral cut, and passed taste, but was dry.

On the downside... Son Jimmy was sick with a really bad cold. We have friends that were invited, but we had to warn them son Jimmy was sick, and the Husband just had a pump assist installed into his heart. He would be in severe harm of infection if he contracted a virus from another person that was
sick with a cold.

They opted to take a rain date, rather than risk infection.

Well, DS waited last minute to seek medical attention, and there was DIL rushing him to Emergency Care.... They refused treating him, and ordered an ambulance to the hospital.
He had 102º fever, and had difficulty breathing.
He has viral pneumonia, and all they said was, it has to run its coarse. They gave him oxygen, and IV to re-hydrate him. He is home now.
DIL stopped over and ate, then took a doggy bag with food for Jimmy when he feels hungry again.

Then, Tina's other uncle and Aunt couldn't come up, because the Aunt is having mobility issues.
Poor Tina is going down their tomorrow to take her to the Dr's, and bringing a new walker for her to try and use.

Other than that, we had a great food day, and DD was our savior. She really helped with the prepping and setup, and serving. God bless her.

For a first time....We had Ceviche Seafood salad. It is a South America Seafood cooked in acidic marinade. Louise the Chef made it, and also his wife made a Flan. Tina and DD loved it.
I tried it, but I just do not like egg custard unless in coconut custard pie.

52"EASTER DINNER" 2015 - Page 3 Empty Re: "EASTER DINNER" 2015 Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:57 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, my goodness, Jimmy. Prayers for everyone on the 'not-the-best-feeling' list. Your DIL must have been in a panic when the ambulance was ordered. That's scary stuff.

I'm sure when everyone is back to par you and Tina will come up with some excuse to have a 're-do' and you'll go overboard with the food again just for everyone's pleasure (especially YOURS!). LOL

53"EASTER DINNER" 2015 - Page 3 Empty Re: "EASTER DINNER" 2015 Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:28 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Oh, my goodness, Jimmy.  Prayers for everyone on the 'not-the-best-feeling' list.  Your DIL must have been in a panic when the ambulance was ordered.  That's scary stuff.

I'm sure when everyone is back to par you and Tina will come up with some excuse to have a 're-do' and you'll go overboard with the food again just for everyone's pleasure (especially YOURS!).  LOL

Thanks Beth. Yeah ...Sherrie was in panic, and then livid, because he did NOT want the ambulance to take him. He said he didn't want to create a scene.

It's weird, because last Easter, the two of them were sick, and Tina I remember, took the food up to them and left it on the porch.

Yes, there will be a make up meal, as soon as there is a normalcy.

54"EASTER DINNER" 2015 - Page 3 Empty Re: "EASTER DINNER" 2015 Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:59 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

P-monia is no fun. The codeine cough medicine helps. Knocks you flat out so you don't feel your misery. Hope he recovers fast.

We had a standing rib roast I pulled from the freezer. Served it with stilton-madeira sauce, a gratin similar to Beth's but ours had applewood bacon in it, green beans and bread. Then we watched Interstellar. DH and roomie loved it but me? Not so much.

55"EASTER DINNER" 2015 - Page 3 Empty Re: "EASTER DINNER" 2015 Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:53 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:P-monia is no fun. The codeine cough medicine helps. Knocks you flat out so you don't feel your misery. Hope he recovers fast.

We had a standing rib roast I pulled from the freezer. Served it with stilton-madeira sauce, a gratin similar to Beth's but ours had applewood bacon in it, green beans and bread. Then we watched Interstellar. DH and roomie loved it but me? Not so much.

Thanks Bugs. They gave him a Z-pack and probably codeine to keep him quiet.

The roast sounds like a winner. I laced ( more like threw ) applewood smoked bacon
all over the top of the turkey. I would not have, but Tina mommy wanted it like that!... I'll admit, it did keep the breast from drying.

56"EASTER DINNER" 2015 - Page 3 Empty Re: "EASTER DINNER" 2015 Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:08 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Jimmy.. I hope your son Jimmy feel better soon, that was a scary experience, Emergency and ambulance.. knock on woods.. one time Dirk fainted when he attended a morning mass at the chapel, they called the ambulance, when they checked on him, it turned up he had low sugar and did not need more treatment, luckily they did not send any bill for that.. and thank to the one of the parishioners who drove him home.. Dirk was embarrassed, now he knows better to at least carry some candies in his pocket Very Happy

57"EASTER DINNER" 2015 - Page 3 Empty Re: "EASTER DINNER" 2015 Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:55 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:Jimmy.. I hope your son Jimmy feel better soon, that was a scary experience, Emergency and ambulance.. knock on woods.. one time Dirk fainted when he attended a morning mass at the chapel, they called the ambulance, when they checked on him, it turned up he had low sugar and did not need more treatment, luckily they did not send any bill for that.. and thank to the one of the parishioners who drove him home.. Dirk was embarrassed, now he knows better to at least carry some candies in his pocket  Very Happy  

Oh! Wow!.... Scary with Dirk too.

I passed out twice in my life ( not counting the alcohol pass outs ) and once by myself while loading the dishwasher. I woke up though in like seconds, and felt ok.
Then once in the kitchen...flat on my face, and DD came in from the other room, and screamed Daddy Daddy.... I turned and said,"What?"... she said, Dad, what the heck happened?" I said." I guess I tripped and fell!"LOL pale

58"EASTER DINNER" 2015 - Page 3 Empty Re: "EASTER DINNER" 2015 Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:19 pm

jetfan27

jetfan27

I had to work on Easter, but my wife put the turkey on before I got home and I made most of the sides on Saturday evening. We are going to my Mom's for Greek Easter and I will help her cook. I'm going to make a cheesecake for dessert. Mom is 89 but still wants to have dinner. God Bless her!

59"EASTER DINNER" 2015 - Page 3 Empty Re: "EASTER DINNER" 2015 Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:37 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Have a wonderful time. Any family dinner steeped in tradition is such a joy.

Your mom will love it all the more if you join her in the kitchen and work together.

60"EASTER DINNER" 2015 - Page 3 Empty Re: "EASTER DINNER" 2015 Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:21 pm

jetfan27

jetfan27

Thank you Beth. Dinner was a real hit. The Easter soup was the best, the lamb was so tender and my cheesecake came out real nice. I added some lemon extract and vanilla to the batter.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum