Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 ))

+4
Bugster2
Barbara101
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 16]

176"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 8 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:47 pm

NormM

NormM

Made a trip to BB&B for an organizer.  

Before

"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 8 DSCN2412_zps4jevyk8q

After

"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 8 DSCN2415_zpswzvoacpl

I was thinking about getting a slide-out rack then realized that if I screwed it down, I couldn't use the space to the left it as easily.

While I was typing this I got a phone call that said I could get a lower interest rate if I pressed one and it was my LAST offer, press three to be taken off the call list.  WHY do I need to press three if it is my last offer???

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

177"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 8 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:10 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I like the idea of the light for finding stuff in the blind corner cabinet. But I just hate getting down on my hands & knees to get stuff out of the back. So, most of what I have I can reach from the cabinet door. I got rid of probably 75% of my stuff and, to tell the truth, I really don't miss it. If there is something special I need I just borrow from a friend. We all know what equipment the other has and we all agreed it was better to borrow than buy.

I have a bunch of the half sheet pans if anyone is going to do a lot of baking, Barb has the pasta roller to attach to the KA mixer, Lyn has every size springform pan known to man....I don't need to buy any more.

Your 'storage rack' looks convenient there, Norm. I think you'll really like it. The skillets are used more often than just about any pan I own so it's nice to have them easy to pull out and not stacked.

178"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 8 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:39 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Mine is the same size . Between my range and fridge. Except it is as wide as your door . One half shelf wide in the back top that will fit one large pot,so I have to stack. Only a small sheet will fit standing up, the space is not wide enough.heck even the top cabinets are not wide enough for my round lazy Susan's . I have 4 double stack for spices . I have 2 of them in my fridge instead . I have one short counter by the sink where my toaster oven and coffee maker fits . Do under that the space is double wide . That is where my plastic and bowls are. Ha I clean in out and bam 3 days later it is all messed up again . Then next that horror under the sink!!!! That is it for storage. That is why I have stuff Inuit office / no office and in my dining room . I will be thrilled to move and have a pantry and more space ... My DS litcjen is to die for

179"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 8 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:40 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Mine is the same size . Between my range and fridge. Except it is as wide as your door . One half shelf wide in the back top that will fit one large pot,so I have to stack. Only a small sheet will fit standing up, the space is not wide enough.heck even the top cabinets are not wide enough for my round lazy Susan's . I have 4 double stack for spices . I have 2 of them in my fridge instead . I have one short counter by the sink where my toaster oven and coffee maker fits . Do under that the space is double wide . That is where my plastic and bowls are. Ha I clean in out and bam 3 days later it is all messed up again . Then next that horror under the sink!!!! That is it for storage. That is why I have stuff Inuit office / no office and in my dining room . I will be thrilled to move and have a pantry and more space ... My DS litcjen is to die for

180"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 8 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:42 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Ok do not know why that posted twice! Sorry

181"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 8 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:06 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

bethk wrote:I like the idea of the light for finding stuff in the blind corner cabinet.  But I just hate getting down on my hands & knees to get stuff out of the back.  So, most of what I have I can reach from the cabinet door.  I got rid of probably 75% of my stuff and, to tell the truth, I really don't miss it.  If there is something special I need I just borrow from a friend.  We all know what equipment the other has and we all agreed it was better to borrow than buy.

I have a bunch of the half sheet pans if anyone is going to do a lot of baking, Barb has the pasta roller to attach to the KA mixer, Lyn has every size springform pan known to man....I don't need to buy any more.

Your 'storage rack' looks convenient there, Norm.  I think you'll really like it.  The skillets are used more often than just about any pan I own so it's nice to have them easy to pull out and not stacked.

I don't have friends or family that cook and so they only have a minimalist kitchen. I couldn't borrow because they don't have it. I probably could get rid of tools and gadgets. I have a whole shelf outside of Tupperware storage containers. Even though I am not using them now, sometimes I bring in something new that needs one of those canisters, like whole wheat flour, powdered milk etc. I usually go to one of those stores that sell things by how much you want to buy and I always need a container for it. Besides Tupperware is so expensive I won't get rid of it. Right now I am trying to clean out my clothes closet with not much success. I have too many clothes and I lost my closet space to our roomie. So, how do you get rid of things that are still good?

182"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 8 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:14 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I got rid of stuff because I was forced to.  I was moving.  I decided what I truly could not part with and then put the rest in the auction (or pushed it on my girls).  I was moving to a house that had duplicates of most of the Tupperware I owned so it was easy to say good-bye to the extras.  I guess I just cherish the additional space more than stuff I really didn't use that often.  It did make it easier that DD #1 is a good cook and took a lot of my treasures so it wasn't like trashing them.

I made a Texas Sheet Cake and a Pineapple Upside Down Cake to take to the family thingy tomorrow along with my Farfale Alfredo w/Marinara.  Now I'm tired and not interested in cooking supper....

"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 8 Texas%20Sheet%20Cake%20and%20Pineapple%20Upside%20Down%20Cake

So ~ we're going out for a burger.  Works for me.

183"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 8 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:48 pm

NormM

NormM

It wasn't long after I moved in that I got these for under the sink and Charlie installed them.

"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 8 DSCN2417_zpstwyjxn2j

184"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 8 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:36 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

No Pizza... Plans changed...
Tina's stomach is in a tizzy, and so I don't want to make home made pizza and wind up with no takers except me. It's hard to make a single pizza from scratch and not worth the fuss.

I'm having a Tuna Salad with onion and celery chopped fine, on two Hot Dog Buns. (*Burp*)

185"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 8 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:12 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:It wasn't long after I moved in that I got these for under the sink and Charlie installed them.

"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 8 DSCN2417_zpstwyjxn2j

That space is in great order Norm.
You would be a plumbers discount. Discount?? Yes!! Because as a Plumber, it would be so Nice to lie down when doing work under your sink, that you would not get that extra 50 bucks added to your bill for having a sh _ _ hole under the sink! "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 8 3267860543

As a kid growing up in Dad's Plumbing Business, I must have been under 100's of sinks where people ( known as "The Lady" ) were so filthy and used that kitchen space as a hiding spot. Soaking sour rags, the plunger (force-cup). spilled cleanser scouring powder... spilled soap. and wet rusty s o s pads, all rotted and sour; just thrown in under there. "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 8 2363720550

Just seeing and laying under a filthy germ breeding was a automatic extra $ Ker-Ching $ ~ Fee... Added onto the bill. "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 8 1562938848
Yet, there were the orderly clean Lady's, that I remember, dad would praise them for being so neat, and keeping that area so clean. Rare Though.
50% of plumbing drainage leaks were caused by customers throwing heavy things roughly against the drain pipe connections.

Made a lot of money back then, when there was no PVC Plastic Plumbing, and there were no Home Depot's selling parts and pipe fittings to the average home owner do it your selfer's.

So to summarize: Norm,....You Get * * * (3) Gold Stars for your clean organized sink cabinet. "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 8 3593629538

186"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 8 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:32 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 8 10949751_771897492886689_6239452316755446543_n

grilled ham steak with fingerling potato salad and side salad.

187"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 8 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:02 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I pulled a bone in chicken breast out of the freezer this morning and then decided to de-bone it before I baked it in the toaster oven. It's so much easier to just remove to rest and then easily slice through it for service. My corn was about a week old so I decided to cut it off the cob and make creamed corn (with the 'special' seasoning I bought at The Cotillion Cafe) and finally cooked my 'free' beet greens & stems from the Farmers' Market last Saturday. They were so fresh when the vendor was going to toss them in the trash that they were still fine a week later.

"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 8 Chicken%20Beet%20Greens%20Creamed%20Corn

"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 8 03.15.15

188"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 8 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:27 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Looks great Beth . Guess I will have leftover corn tomato casserole .

189"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 8 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:33 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

We're having a heat wave so tonight will be a simple steak from the grill, salad, baked potato and a baguette. Yesterday was around 94. Today was 90. This heat is making all of my plants bolt. My apricot tree has sprouted leaves, the jasmine is blooming, the trumpet vine is blooming and the liquid amber trees are growing leaves. Guess that means I can get a tomato plant into the ground early too.

190"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 8 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:56 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 8 10360705_1593128534261250_6247594397694363637_n

191"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 8 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:10 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Barb, tell us about the cake. I am drooling.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/124341639687525589/

Bugs I was going to make this cake and then I decided it was to much work lol.So I made 2 layer devils food layers and put cheese cake in the middle.

cheesecake recipe I used.

2..8oz cream c.soften
2/3 c white sugar
2 eggs
1/3c sour cream
1/3c heavy cream
1t vanilla
bake in springform 45 minutes. let cool then in the freezer overnight.
one layer chocolate cake\frozen cc\ another layer. frost.

can be frozen .keep in fridge.

Vanilla ice cream... strawberry syrup.. I love you

192"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 8 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:28 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I pulled a bone in chicken breast out of the freezer this morning and then decided to de-bone it before I baked it in the toaster oven.  It's so much easier to just remove to rest and then easily slice through it for service.  My corn was about a week old so I decided to cut it off the cob and make creamed corn (with the 'special' seasoning I bought at The Cotillion Cafe) and finally cooked my 'free' beet greens & stems from the Farmers' Market last Saturday.  They were so fresh when the vendor was going to toss them in the trash that they were still fine a week later.

Looks good Beth... Just a breast....I would eat that IF it is done well. Speaking of Breast, I have a whole breast in the fridge to make chicken salad for Tina and DIL. They love my chicken salad, and it really is nothing special. The only thing I add, is a Tbs of Pickle relish, and a small sprinkle of onion powder (Only like a 1/4 tsp. ) and 1/4 tsp. of cayenne pepper.
Plus the usual diced small onion and celery.

I haven't had creamed corn in ages> and I like it!

Well.... The snow finally melted off the deck; so I can get to the gas grill.
I really could go for a couple "Beth Burgers" with a nice thick slice of onion.
The stomach has been acting normal for a while (Thank God) so it will soon be Hamburger and Hot Dog Greek Style Chili Making Time.
I could go for a couple of charred dogs with the chili and chopped onions on a split top bun.

193"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 8 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:57 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 8 3470128989 No Pics of the plated beef or other food.... It was Holy Heck yesterday.

Beside the corned beef....we had Shepherds Pie... Made by DD ( The Shepherd Girl ) and Spaghetti with Meat Sauce for Jim Jr. Gabe and GD who do not eat Corned Beef....

Here it is boiling in the 25 Quart Pot. 4 of them. Only 1 was eaten, DD took one, and I froze 2 for other meals.

"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 8 Ryzy0U

"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 8 GbiE3F

194"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 8 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:27 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I will be grilling a leg of lamb.

195"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 8 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:38 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 8 034

stuffed shells.

196"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 8 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:07 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 8 034

stuffed shells.

Stuffed with WHAT??
Oh My God....They look immensely delicious Barb.

I would defenitely purge like a Bulhemic Just to make room to eat those shells....

197"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 8 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:10 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Look!!.... That one stuffed shell with its mouth open is laughing at me because I can't eat one.

And look close....it has a little white tongue that is going Nah Nah at me!!

(( I see things other people cannot see; just so we know! ....OK? ))

198"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 8 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:18 pm

NormM

NormM

Cassie's favorite meal of the year is the corned beef one I make from scratch. She has to work tomorrow so we had ours today. Along with the corned beef was butter softened with Irish Whiskey and sugar beat in with the mixer, carrots, rutabagas, cabbage, soda bread, smashed potatoes, and some store bought rye bread. I put some Guinness in the cooking liquid and divided what was left between us. Fortunately for me, neither of them drank any and I was forced to finish off the bottle by myself. We also had a couple of Irish cheeses with dinner.

"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 8 DSCN2426_zpswpu0swmq

199"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 8 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:19 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Haha jimmy! Spinach Italian sausage mozzarella, fontina. San marzano tomato. I like less sauce,basil on top.

200"DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) - Page 8 Empty Re: "DINNER".....(( MARCH 2015 )) Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:21 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Nice meal Norm .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum