Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 ))

+4
cookingirl
Bugster2
Barbara101
UNCLE JIMMY
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 14]

301"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 13 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:37 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:How about a griddled cheese sandwich???

Me me me .. "DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 13 3267860543 "DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 13 635107192 I make them with all kinds of cheese and bread.

Brie and slice of pear or apple. Brie with good ham.. Fontina.Love blue cheese on a grilled sandwich.

I bought some smoked cranberry cheddar OMG good on rye. Also smoked swiss on ham with honey mustard on great bread.Man I love love grilled sandwich..

We also like, Open Faced Toasted Cheese sandwiches. We just take sliced white american, and top with a slice of Land O Lakes cheese....and in the toaster oven on broil. OMG....the cheese browns, and gets all bubbly.

302"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 13 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:00 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Abolutely not for me....I'm pretty sure that is one of the reasons why I cannot eat cheese today.

My grandmother (dad's mother) was a strict German catholic woman. She was widowed in her early 50's and became "THE LAW". All the farmland my dad farmed belonged to her and she held the purse strings very close.

Anyway, we kids would occasionally be sent the mile down the road to her house in the summer. IF it was a Friday, well, I was in for a gagging lunch. She didn't ask what you would like (I would have gladly accepted a peanut butter & jelly sandwich) she made lunch. And she usually made open-faced broiled tomato/Velveeta bread ~ nasty, mushy white bread spread with mayonnaise (we ate Miracle Whip at MY house....), then slices of garden tomatoes and all topped off with Velveeta chunks cut off that giant block of cheese.

Gaaggcckkkkk! I don't EVER remember being able to swallow cheese without gagging.

And you sat at the table for over an hour before she finally got sick of seeing you and she told you to get up and go outside.

303"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 13 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:37 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Abolutely not for me....I'm pretty sure that is one of the reasons why I cannot eat cheese today.

My grandmother (dad's mother) was a strict German catholic woman.  She was widowed in her early 50's and became "THE LAW".  All the farmland my dad farmed belonged to her and she held the purse strings very close.  

Anyway, we kids would occasionally be sent the mile down the road to her house in the summer.  IF it was a Friday, well, I was in for a gagging lunch.  She didn't ask what you would like (I would have gladly accepted a peanut butter & jelly sandwich) she made lunch.  And she usually made open-faced broiled tomato/Velveeta bread ~ nasty, mushy white bread spread with mayonnaise (we ate Miracle Whip at MY house....), then slices of garden tomatoes and all topped off with Velveeta chunks cut off that giant block of cheese.

Gaaggcckkkkk!  I don't EVER remember being able to swallow cheese without gagging.

And you sat at the table for over an hour before she finally got sick of seeing you and she told you to get up and go outside.

Oh gag'n right!...that velvita is some nasty shtuff. Like cheese jello.

304"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 13 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:50 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 13 10360844_1586015234972580_6854884747698439971_n

easy everything in the fridge salad.

305"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 13 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:59 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Leftover grilled chicken......creamed chicken on biscuits and red beets

"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 13 02.26.15

306"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 13 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:09 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:

Wow! Your refrigerator must look like it belongs to Old Mother Hubbard.....

307"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 13 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:20 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

bethk wrote:
Barbara101 wrote:

Wow!  Your refrigerator must look like it belongs to Old Mother Hubbard.....

yes and I just spent $90 at Publix.I swear that store has seen the last of me.Every week they raise prices. 8oz bag of swiss $5.57. No The meat price is out of this world.. I did not buy any.So tomorrow I have to get poultry and stuff not at publix.Heck even the cats food is 10cans for $6. No cat

308"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 13 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:50 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Made a whole load of Italian Breaded Steak! ( chicken fried steak ).

Took some thin sliced round steaks like 1/8 inch thick, and cut them small so as to have a lot of edges all nice and crispy. I tenderized each well, and breaded and fried them. About 24 pieces.

I had eggplant meatballs from the other day with macaroni's.

I also made a pastrami last night.

"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 13 XU3sjO

"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 13 0Nd4Lj

"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 13 98PHka

309"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 13 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:07 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, WOW!  It all looks great, Jimmy!  I love making the chicken that way.  I use to do that for the grandson.  I'd pre cook them and then just brown them in the toaster oven when I took them out of the freezer.  He loved that they were always available for a snack.  Since he wasn't a fruit or raw vegetable eater it was tough coming up with decent snacks for him.  He could only eat so much string cheese.  The chicken nuggets were a good alternative to sweet stuff.

Looks like your pastrami came out perfectly! Bet that won't last long....

310"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 13 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:53 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Oh, WOW!  It all looks great, Jimmy!  I love making the chicken that way.  I use to do that for the grandson.  I'd pre cook them and then just brown them in the toaster oven when I took them out of the freezer.  He loved that they were always available for a snack.  Since he wasn't a fruit or raw vegetable eater it was tough coming up with decent snacks for him.  He could only eat so much string cheese.  The chicken nuggets were a good alternative to sweet stuff.

Looks like your pastrami came out perfectly!  Bet that won't last long....

Good idea with doing the chicken like that , and then freezing them for nibbling later.
If the chicken is thin and fried crispy like that, I will bee there for seconds and thirds.
The pastrami is a corned beef....dried off / 2 Tbs Course black pepper / 1 Tbs garlic powder / the spice bag that comes with the corned beef crushed and ground fine.
All mixed seasoning rubbed all over....then foil wrapped tight and in a roasting pan.....and in a low 225º oven for 6 hours. Refrigerated, and then sliced.
I heat the slices in the microwave to top on rye with mustard.

Today it won't get touched. No meat for us today! ....Tomorrow though...watch out!

311"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 13 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:12 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Today it won't get touched. No meat for us today! ....Tomorrow though...watch out!

You could always convert to being a Lutheran during Lent....WE get to eat meat!

(OMG ~ Do NOT tell Tina I suggested that! Just kidding....KIDDING!!!)

312"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 13 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:09 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

You could always convert to being a Lutheran during Lent....WE get to eat meat!

(OMG ~ Do NOT tell Tina I suggested that!  Just kidding....KIDDING!!!)

Haa Haa Haa... that is funny!
Mother Superior doesn't care... She said,"Tell Beth I'm Going To Heaven; because I didn't sin by eating meat on Friday!" "DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 13 2876911673

I remember in school at the cafeteria, they had to serve hamburgers / hot dogs to the Lutheran kids! .... while we kids had a scoop of tuna slop all wet and drippy, on a leaf of lettuce. Or a griddled cheese with Velveta and cold toast!
Now how yucky is that? .... LOL

What weird laws... Why, I wasn't allowed to play with my own cousin, because his Mom was Lutheran. Or!... I was not allowed to play with this kid John, because his parents were Divorced! .... We had all that crap drilled into us by the priests and the nuns! .... "DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 13 2787578702

313"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 13 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:23 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

and you were 47 years old before anyone suggested there was even such a thing as being gay.....

my grandmother was a furious old woman. Her only son married a Lutheran and stopped going to Mass with her, her middle daughter married a divorced man with a son from his first marriage and her youngest daughter, who never married until after she had passed on, moved out of her house and into her own apartment when she was only 36 years old.....imagine! She blamed all the bad things that happened to any of her children to the fact they didn't follow the "rules".

314"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 13 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:42 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:and you were 47 years old before anyone suggested there was even such a thing as being gay.....

my grandmother was a furious old woman.  Her only son married a Lutheran and stopped going to Mass with her, her middle daughter married a divorced man with a son from his first marriage and her youngest daughter, who never married until after she had passed on, moved out of her house and into her own apartment when she was only 36 years old.....imagine!  She blamed all the bad things that happened to any of her children to the fact they didn't follow the "rules".

"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 13 2876911673 "DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 13 2876911673 "DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 13 2876911673
OMG that is tooooo funny! LOL

My moms one sister...The one who was the elected mother when the real Mother died (from pneumonia)....always called at 1:00 PM every Sunday, and ask before she even said hello,"Did Ya Go To Church Today?".... That riled mom up to no end.
If mom said yes, her sister in a snorting voice, would say,"and what was the reading today? ?

It got to the point my mom would answer,"The reading was about Minding Your Own Business, and what the Heck business is it of yours if I went to church today?? ..... And I was sick today from listening to your crap!"

Then she hanged the phone up with a slam!

We kids would sit quietly and just snicker till snots would blow out of our noses!

Sometimes ma would say to her, "Who the (H) Died and made you the Pope?" "DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 13 2876911673

315"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 13 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:07 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We have No Clue what dinner will be tonight.

Tina made me a egg and cheese on an English Muffin for lunch....
Meat something? is teasing me and I don't dare eat meat today. Especially with Mother Christina watching me.

I think we will have pizza made with blue tube pizza crust. or... Delivery Pizza. That sounds better.Today is just a Ho Hum Day! Yawn!.... We get those kinda days once in a while.

316"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 13 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:16 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 13 405589_357365470958397_1580482011_n

grilled burgers.

317"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 13 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:36 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 13 4145931467_c674ac0211_m

318"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 13 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:45 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Jimmy, I just love religious bigotry. When I left the church I also lost some friends. My father thought I was a heathen. It isn't just Catholics that are this way. It happens everywhere, with every religion. In fact it can turn into a religious mania which has been defined as a mental illness.

319"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 13 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:17 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Tonight will be fried fish sandwiches with homemade tartar sauce. I am not sure what I will eat since I don't like fish.
I saw where Mr. Spock died. I didn't know he was that old.
We are getting the long end of the broomstick with gasoline skyrocketing. It is now up to $3.60/gal. Some excuse about a refinery fire and labor. Right. Uh-huh.
Getting some needed rain this weekend. Snow in the mountains. Maybe it will come as low as it did in December and sprinkle us. A day ago DH and roomie were at the beach. That's California for ya.

320"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 13 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:22 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Jimmy, I just love religious bigotry. When I left the church I also lost some friends. My father thought I was a heathen. It isn't just Catholics that are this way. It happens everywhere, with every religion. In fact it can turn into a religious mania which has been defined as a mental illness.

I know~ It used to get ridiculously out of hand. We as kids were threatened and instilled with fear. Today, it is a lot different for the better.

321"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 13 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:31 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Well.... we finally had something to eat for supper.

I made a can of Tono ( Genova Good Italian Tuna ) mixed with a little mayo and onion powder and black pepper. I had a nice simple sandwich on seeded rye, and Tina had a 1/2 a sandwich on white American.
Two peanut butter kakes and 3 coconut macaroon cookies for dessert.

Got my eye's on the leftover fried steaks, to munch on as a snack when the bell strikes 12 midnight. Whoopie Doo!

322"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 13 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:38 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Tonight will be fried fish sandwiches with homemade tartar sauce. I am not sure what I will eat since I don't like fish.
I saw where Mr. Spock died. I didn't know he was that old.
We are getting the long end of the broomstick with gasoline skyrocketing. It is now up to $3.60/gal. Some excuse about a refinery fire and labor. Right. Uh-huh.
Getting some needed rain this weekend. Snow in the mountains. Maybe it will come as low as it did in December and sprinkle us. A day ago DH and roomie were at the beach. That's California for ya.

Wow!... $3.60 for regular unleaded??.... that's high.
We are at $3.37 for high test which we need to use in the cars we have.
Hope you get your wish for moisture bugs.

323"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 13 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:24 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Here it is 10:21 PM
Tina is making Latke's .. ( potato pancakes )....
I won't refuse a few of them, and a few dollops of sour cream for me, and grape jelly for Tina...and we will be happy ever after.

324"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 13 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:57 am

cookingirl

cookingirl

Jimmy, I had a tuna fish sandwich for supper.. copy cat!!! I even had the exact same brand of tuna! Genova..It was the first time trying that brand. I really like it...Had to share some with Artie, but he only eats so much. He is not a 'people' food eater. He prefers cat food....I am lucky that way!

325"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 13 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:11 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

cookingirl wrote:Jimmy, I had a tuna fish sandwich for supper..  copy cat!!! I even had the exact same brand of tuna! Genova..It was the first time trying that brand. I really like it...Had to share some with Artie, but he only eats so much. He is not a 'people' food eater. He prefers cat food....I am lucky that way!

The Genova brand is the one my grandparents and parents always bought from the Italian Importing Store.
Sometimes ma would mix it with starkist tuna; because the Genova brand was not always in the budget! No

Yeah!....I could never understand why the kitties will not eat people tuna. Our two cats ae so fussy, they won't eat even shrimp or any other seafood.
Same thing with any meat raw, or cooked.

They never jump up on the counters to scrounge for anything left there.
The oldest one will sometimes jump up in front of the keurig coffee machine when I am brewing a coffee, but then jumps right back down. I don't know what it is?
I think its the sound it makes like a whistle and squirting as the coffee is pressurized out of the brewer. It must hurt her ears or something. Sometimes it scares the livin heck out of me / especially when I am half asleep first thing in the morning.  What a Face

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum