Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH

+2
Imelda HL
cookingirl
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH Empty OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:36 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

New month... Dirk's brunch today, I had coffee/milk with mini nutter butter  Razz

OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH 1-10

bethk

bethk
Admin

I know he appreciates your meals, Imelda....

Who wouldn't???

nice

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had bean dip with tortilla chips for lunch. Very Tasty!

A couple weeks ago Publix had Bush's Cocina Latina beans on sale - 10 for $10....AND I had a $1/off coupon. Gee whiz, what a way to try a new-to-you product ~ FOR FREE! I picked up the Frijoles Charros Machacados variety: Smashed pinto beans with tomatoes, serrano peppes, an a touch of bacon. I thought they'd be good as refried beans for burritos or tacos.

Of course, last night when we had tacos, I forgot all about them in the pantry. Short term memory and all that. But I remembered them today and decided upon the bean dip for lunch. I heated the beans (very flavorful, IMO) and added my leftover taco ground beef mixture. I put them in a bowl and added the leftover chopped onion, tomato & shredded lettuce. Super yummy. Super easy.

For 'dessert' I've got a handful of Goldfish Brownie Cookies. Man, I'm getting addicted to these things.

4OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH Empty Re: OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:35 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Just whipped up a yeast raised waffle batter, and stuck it in the fridge.
Tomorrow morning, breakfast will be yummy.

It is funny, because Tina is in bed with her ear buds in and watching TV.
I didn't know if she wanted waffles tomorrow, so I just grabbed the special container I use for proofing the waffle batter, and I held it up in front of the TV, and she nodded ( yes ).

Its a new language called food language. Haaaa... We have food language signs, and like we just pretend we are swirling a fork, and that means spaghetti. We hold our hands like holding a hot slice of pizza and pretend we are biting it; so that means Pizza Tonight.

And Tina pretending she is driving by turning a steering wheel; that means she is driving Jimmy To The "Funny Farm!" clown

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I made a ham and cheese sandwich for his lunch today, and some fried banana rolls for snacking

did I say that he loves my Ciabatta breads Wink

OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH 25-4

banana + condensed milk, wrapped in egg roll wrappers

OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH 22-4

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:I made a ham and cheese sandwich for his lunch today, and some fried banana rolls for snacking

did I say that he loves my Ciabatta breads Wink

OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH 25-4

banana + condensed milk, wrapped in egg roll wrappers

OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH 22-4

Ummm! Looks good Imelda....!

bethk

bethk
Admin

Last week I bought a nice, solid green tomato at the farmers' market and put it into the refrigerator....then, today, I remembered it.

Fried green tomatoes for my lunch. Yum.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Last week I bought a nice, solid green tomato at the farmers' market and put it into the refrigerator....then, today, I remembered it.

Fried green tomatoes for my lunch.  Yum.

Yummy! Love those greenies fried or as a salad with olive oil and garlic flavor.

I wonder what would happen if I breaded and fried them, and froze them for later??? Then heat them up in the oven for future yum yum?

We do buy frozen breaded and fried eggplant! Hmmmm!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We had bow tie pasta with peas and tomatoes diced.

Tina whipped it up. It was good for lunch, BUTT.... the peas were the teenie weenie baby peas.
I like the big peas. The ones that are frozen in the bag. Ummm, they are so crunchy.
We call them Poppy Peas!

10OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH Empty Re: OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:11 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH Chili-cheese-dog

11OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH Empty Re: OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:33 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

Craving a steak and cheese sub...........

sigh--- Rolling Eyes

I'll be good..

maybe next week??? Very Happy Very Happy

12OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH Empty Re: OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:15 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Break Fast ( or be it Slow? ) Tomorrow, will be Yeast raised Waffles.
Kids are coming after church...

Pork sausages  will compliment the waffles. Tina wants Belgian, and the kids want regular. They don't like Belgian Waffles.....

Geeze....I feel like Uncle Jimmy MacWaffles.

13OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH Empty Re: OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:36 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

cheese puffs for breakfast today.. it was supposed to be Brazilian Cheese Rolls, Pao De Queijo but not quite, not crusty enough, but  chewy inside, they were good though, Dirk can stop chewing them  OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH 1838020472

OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH 30-10

14OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH Empty Re: OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:39 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

Imelda, that sounds and looks so good!! recipe? please?

15OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH Empty Re: OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:01 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

cookingirl wrote:Imelda, that sounds and looks so good!! recipe? please?

I used this recipe, I did not use the mixer, maybe that's the reason mine were not crusty like the ones in the recipe, and I used Cheddar mixed with Parmesan

http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-po-de-queijo-brazilian-cheese-bread-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-176118

16OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH Empty Re: OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:51 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH 20130425-249807-bar-eats-wills-northwoods-inn-tomato-salad

Last can of kirkland costco awesome best tuna ever.

17OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH Empty Re: OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:22 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

So pretty....

and, yes, agree on Kirkland brand.

18OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH Empty Re: OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:44 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I love tuna fish only in the canned type.
I had it on sandwiches, and with spaghetti, but never like on lettuce or stuffed in anything.
Barbs tomato looks great, and the tuna is not mush mashed. I like it with little chunks.

I would eat it, but the tuna would be dug out and stuffed in bread. I would then eat the tomato sliced up with a little salt.

19OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH Empty Re: OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:35 am

NormM

NormM

I have had canned tuna in Ramen noodles before. Some people might think that is gross but I liked it. Barbs tuna salad looks delicious. My garden tomatoes are all gone.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

20OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH Empty Re: OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:50 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

my first time tried out phyllo  sheets... cream cheese, cheese, sausage, spinach fillings

OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH 41

21OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH Empty Re: OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:30 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

fun stuff to play around with ~ you did great!

22OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH Empty Re: OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:09 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH 10248800_610232149053225_2085453359_n

not for the weak & sickly... affraid

23OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH Empty Re: OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:52 am

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Barbara101 wrote:OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH 10248800_610232149053225_2085453359_n

not for the weak & sickly... affraid

looks good.. it's about bedtime now and I'm hungry looking at this..

my DH's favorite, Pig ( beef hotlinks ) in the blankets

OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH 5-3

24OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH Empty Re: OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:22 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

The hot links look great. What brand are they Imelda?

25OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH Empty Re: OCTOBER.. BREAKFAST, BRUNCH AND LUNCH Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:24 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I made yeast raised waffles batter, and Gabe had one.
I ate some just plain, and Tinamommy had corned beef hash !!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum