Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Turkey bacon

+2
bethk
Bugster2
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Turkey bacon Empty Turkey bacon Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:24 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

Our roommate has sworn off pork. Is there a turkey bacon that is even remotely edible that I can buy for her? Most, if not all, has all the warmth and charm of a piece of cardboard.

2Turkey bacon Empty Re: Turkey bacon Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:42 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

IMO every turkey bacon tastes like cardboard.

If she won't eat bacon, well, too bad for her.

3Turkey bacon Empty Re: Turkey bacon Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:52 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Agree with Beth.

Anything besides real turkey is just gross.I would not waste money on it.Not eating pork is on her, not you..

4Turkey bacon Empty Re: Turkey bacon Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:21 am

NormM

NormM

It seems like turkey anything always tastes like something other than turkey. If she does not want bacon, give her the turkey stuff and make the real thing for yourself. She might change her mind while setting across the table from you guys munching on the real thing and making yum yum noises.

Cassis says she does not like pork but eats bacon, bratwurst, tenderloin roasts, etc. She won't eat breakfast sausage or pork with bones attached though.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

5Turkey bacon Empty Re: Turkey bacon Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:40 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Our roomie actually loves pork but she is a bit of an odd nut. She gets these things into her head and it is currently pork. She won't eat pork any more because pigs are cute and smart. She won't eat lamb or veal for similar reasons. I have no intention of giving up real bacon. I eat so little of it that I want the real thing. It is sort of like good ice cream: I would rather have one bite of good quality ice cream than a half gallon of cheap stuff.

6Turkey bacon Empty Re: Turkey bacon Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:23 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Roomie has been letting you do the work long enough.

I'd let her fend for herself ~ preferably from someone else's spare room.....

7Turkey bacon Empty Re: Turkey bacon Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:43 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

bethk wrote:Roomie has been letting you do the work long enough.

I'd let her fend for herself ~ preferably from someone else's spare room.....

Turkey bacon 3602300868

8Turkey bacon Empty Re: Turkey bacon Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:47 pm

NormM

NormM

[quote=" She won't eat pork any more because pigs are cute and smart. She won't eat lamb or veal for similar reasons. .[/quote]

Tell her you found some bacon from a dumb and ugly hog. Very Happy

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

9Turkey bacon Empty Re: Turkey bacon Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:10 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

That is so funny Norm! I will give it a try. LOL.

Beth, I must admit I feel like a field hand. The family cotton-picker. An indentured servant. No one cleans or cooks except me.
I want to clean her room and bathroom but she gets really upset when people touch her things. The problem is that she doesn't even clean her rooms. I had to stop going in there because it upset me to see the mess and dirt. I am by no means a great housekeeper but I can't stand clutter (like a hoarder) or dirt. There is so much dog and cat hair in there that it is piled up in layers around the room. She has lived with us for over two years and has never used a vacuum cleaner in there. Probably because there is no room to move it around.
I can't kick her out because she has no place to go and she is paying us rent which really has helped since my DH got laid off.

10Turkey bacon Empty Re: Turkey bacon Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:16 pm

JanaAZ

I know it's not perfect but I use Oscar mayer turkey bacon. I love bacon and can't eat it very often since it's got way more calories and fat than allowed on my eating program.

I make it on the oven and keep it in a Ziploc in the fridge so I have it when I want it. Of course, I'd prefer to eat 'real' bacon, but this works well for me.

By the way....my eating plan allowed me to lose over 80 lbs so far. And...I even lost weight while on my 3 week cruise and vacation. Now that makes me happy.

11Turkey bacon Empty Re: Turkey bacon Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:17 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

WOW! That is incredible!

12Turkey bacon Empty Re: Turkey bacon Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:57 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Hows about getting some of that sliced chipped beef?.... That is like turkey bacon, but not cardboard texture.

Tina bought that Turkey bacon once, and she fried it up, and soon as I saw it, I said,"Where's the fat?".....T said, Oh this is really super lean bacon. One bite, and I spit it out.
Then she told me it was turkey. That was a bad move.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum