Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Laptop users

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Laptop users Empty Laptop users Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:52 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

what do you put under your laptop to keep it from getting hot???

2Laptop users Empty Re: Laptop users Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:20 am

JanaAZ

Nothing. I bought one of those cooling 'thingies' several years ago but found it was a PITA.

3Laptop users Empty Re: Laptop users Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:23 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I need to find something. This thing burns my bare knees.If I use something under it ,it gets so hot & then shuts down.

4Laptop users Empty Re: Laptop users Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:26 am

JanaAZ

Go to Staples, Office Max, or some place like that. They sell cooling pads. If I recall, they are only 15"...I have a 17.6" laptop so mine didn't fit. I don't remember if it would work on your lap, though.

We also have a laptop 'lap thingie' that my husband likes to use. You put it on your lap and put the laptop on that. It doesn't have a cooling system with it, but it won't burn your knees.

5Laptop users Empty Re: Laptop users Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:30 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

ok I sure need something.If I put a towel or pillow down,zap,it over heats & shuts down..That is a good thing but makes it not fun when you are buying something lol.

6Laptop users Empty Re: Laptop users Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:56 am

cookingirl

cookingirl

the pillow works for me....or when it gets too hot, I just put it aside for a while and then get back to it...
You can get one of those cooling things. It plugs into your comp...at least that is what I had to do with the one I bought at Target..I thought it was too much to deal with. So I just use a pillow

7Laptop users Empty Re: Laptop users Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:03 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

friend of mind just said it should not shut down, something is wrong with it. I think he is wrong lol Yeah I do that too CG..

8Laptop users Empty Re: Laptop users Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:41 pm

JanaAZ

Barbara101 wrote:friend of mind just said it should not shut down, something is wrong with it. I think he is wrong lol Yeah I do that too CG..

Sometimes our electronics shut down in Phx when the sun beats on them. I had my cellphone on the car seat the other day and I got this scary warning, then it shut down until the temperature came down.

That may happen with laptops too.

9Laptop users Empty Re: Laptop users Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:56 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

What about one of those lap trays? The kind with a pillow to set the thing on your lap and then a flat surface you could put the lap top on....

If it's too slippery just use a bit of that foam-type shelf liner and it won't slip around.

10Laptop users Empty Re: Laptop users Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:48 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I have a lap desk with a built in fan that plugs into the USB port. It works. You can also see if using it without the battery keeps it cooler. Sometimes they run hot because there is too much running in the background. Maybe your unit needs a tune-up. You can also Google "My laptop runs hot" and see what comes up. You might find something that helps.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum