Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'DD MARIA'S NEW ADDITION TO HER FAMILY ON THE FARM!"

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

DD is so happy! Check it out! More Bacon for the years to come!

Now we get to name them. I vote for the white one to be OSCAR ( For Oscar Meyer Bacon )

'DD MARIA'S NEW ADDITION TO HER FAMILY ON THE FARM!" Kog3

Barbara101

Barbara101

awwww so cute..

bethk

bethk
Admin

You are better off NOT naming your food.....makes slaughter much easier if they just have numbers or physical ID reference.

It's all a frame of mind. If you think of them as pulled pork and ham and St. Louis style ribs instead of "Oscar" it makes it much easier to load 'em up and off to the processor.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:You are better off NOT naming your food.....makes slaughter much easier if they just have numbers or physical ID reference.

It's all a frame of mind.  If you think of them as pulled pork and ham and St. Louis style ribs instead of "Oscar" it makes it much easier to load 'em up and off to the processor.

That's true!

DD really only has one sheep that follows her around on the farm.
Out of the 159 sheep, just this one comes up to Maria for a special handout.

'DD MARIA'S NEW ADDITION TO HER FAMILY ON THE FARM!" Z2u5
................"TRIXIE"..............

Here the rest come for feeding time....
'DD MARIA'S NEW ADDITION TO HER FAMILY ON THE FARM!" 3qvm

One of the Youngsters....Check out the white hind feet!!
'DD MARIA'S NEW ADDITION TO HER FAMILY ON THE FARM!" 54nb7

Lenny...getting ready to plant....
'DD MARIA'S NEW ADDITION TO HER FAMILY ON THE FARM!" U2na

And if it's not enough work already, Maria just bought 1100 peeps last month from a brooder in Quakertown, PA
It's warm now; so the chickens are laying eggs. I told her,"what the heck are you gonna do with more chickens?" .... She said, "More Eggs!"

She just brought 3 dozen fresh blue shell eggs over tonight!
I cannot wait for my three dippy eggs tomorrow morning.
As you know Beth, The yolks are so deep orange color, they are tasty as ever.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I saw a neat chicken coop set-up recently on a TV program. The coop and surrounding fencing was on skids and could be moved from area to area so the chickens got to have fresh soil and grass and plants to eat. You know they can take a 20' X 20' area of grassland down to dirt in a few days. But that plant material makes the most beautiful egg yolks.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I saw a neat chicken coop set-up recently on a TV program.  The coop and surrounding fencing was on skids and could be moved from area to area so the chickens got to have fresh soil and grass and plants to eat.  You know they can take a 20' X 20' area of grassland down to dirt in a few days.  But that plant material makes the most beautiful egg yolks.  

Thanks Beth.... sounds like a great idea.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum