Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

another surprise today..

+2
bethk
Barbara101
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1another surprise today.. Empty another surprise today.. Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:48 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

seems you have to pay for trash pick  another surprise today.. 1838020472 I have lived here for going on 11years & never paid for it. Big ole truck did pick my can & next door too.So I had to call & get service.

$157.  another surprise today.. 2855670339 another surprise today.. 652761166 

2another surprise today.. Empty Re: another surprise today.. Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:15 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Well, if you average it out for the 11 years you've "stolen" the service....that comes to $14.27 / year.

3another surprise today.. Empty Re: another surprise today.. Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:10 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I just got a call from the "Garbage Lady" As she called herself, and I requested a 95 gallon garbage (refuse) cart to replace my 64 Gallon one I have had for like 15 years since with this new Collection service company. No Extra fee, but they were concerned if I was able to wheel out a 95 gallon container. That was nice of them, but I told the woman...I got my wife to do that!

I was just breaking Horns and she laughed. I could imagine what she did on the phone. She probably gave me a #1 .....hahahahahaha

I pay 79.00 per quarter ... Pick-up is Once a week + recyclables on the same day every other week.We get a 3.00 discount if we pay the bill early. WOW!

4another surprise today.. Empty Re: another surprise today.. Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:29 pm

NormM

NormM

I paid $60. last month but that was for all the city services including water and trash.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

5another surprise today.. Empty Re: another surprise today.. Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:22 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

they charged me 57$ just to get service & the can.It will be 101.40 every 3 months.So I pay sewer $37.I pay water $20.Now trash lol.next door lady is gonna flip out..Then TWC bought out by Comcast  Evil or Very Mad 

6another surprise today.. Empty Re: another surprise today.. Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:18 am

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

we pay $123.64 for 3 months.. price increased from $101/3 months from 5 years ago.. it was for trash and sewer, we pay another $30 to $60/ month for water depends on the usage.. summertime we pay a lot for electricity and water another surprise today.. 1450907917  ( Dirk has to water his plants twice a day  another surprise today.. 2855670339  )

7another surprise today.. Empty Re: another surprise today.. Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:00 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

It's funny you guys were speaking of this, as I just paid bills online and was looking at our watr/sewer/trash bill and thinking, on the whole, that it's pretty reasonable. Keep in mind that our sewer system is almost 200years old, and was pretty damaged in Katrina, though it needed work prior to that. So what we're paying also comes from a sewer service charge that will go up a bit over the years to pay for much needed repairs to an amazing and admired very old sewer system.

We pay $24/month for "sanitation." That includes two garbage pickups a week (we have Tuesdays and Fridays) and one pickup a week from the recycling service (Monday pickup). You don't have to sort the recyclable stuff but they don't take glass (not since Katrina -- nowhere close enough to send it). So I think this is pretty cheap. We visit friends out of state who have no pickup and have to either contract or go to the dump. I'd hate that. But $24 a month for a residence for 3 combined pickups a week I think is a bargain

Water and sewerage rates vary, of course, because of usage. It's higher in the summer when we're watering the garden, too. This month's bill was $41.92. In summer, that might go up to $60. Like a lot of places, the more water you use, the higher the "per 1000 gallon" fee is. In other words, it increases per 1000 gallons each 1000 gallons you use. We also pay like that for the sewer volume, too.

8another surprise today.. Empty Re: another surprise today.. Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:46 pm

NormM

NormM

There is some kind of weird thing about sewer charges. There is no sewer charge but there is something called waste water and it is based on how much water you use in the winter time because there is more water used in the summer for lawns and (ha) swimming pools. That is some kind of racket I think. It costs me almost $570 a year. If I paid it bi monthly, it is around $90. I don't pay that much for the water.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum