Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

raspberry chocolate torte

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1raspberry chocolate torte Empty raspberry chocolate torte Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:32 pm

NormM

NormM

raspberry chocolate torte DSCN1262_zps6578f5da

Chocolate Raspberry Torte 12 servings

1 cup unsalted butter
1 pound semisweet chocolate
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon almond extract
6 eggs, separated and at room temperature

TOPPING

1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
3 cups fresh raspberries

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly oil a 10-inch round cake pan, line bottom with parchment paper, spray oil on the parchment and dust with flour. Over low heat, melt butter with chocolate. Remove from heat. Combine sugar with cocoa and whisk into chocolate. Whisk in sour cream, extract and egg yolks.

In a separate bowl, whip egg whites to soft peaks and fold into chocolate one third at a time. Turn mixture into cake pan, set it in a large roasting pan, and pour in enough hot water to go 1 inch up sides of cake pan. Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce temperature to 325 degrees and bake for an additional 40 to 50 minutes; the center will appear soft and the sides firm. Remove from oven and cool on a rack. Refrigerate cake overnight.

The next day, remove cake from pan. Invert a plate on top, then flip pan over. Peel off parchment paper. Spread raspberry jam over top, then smother with raspberries. To make clean slices, use a knife warmed in hot water, then dried with a towel; clean knife and repeat for each slice.

(From “Angels in My Kitchen: Divine Dessert Recipes” by Caryl Westwood, Celestial Arts.)

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

2raspberry chocolate torte Empty Re: raspberry chocolate torte Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:26 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, wow, thank you! Looks like if I just skip the dusting the parchment with flour I could make this for when we get together with our friends (one is gluten free).

I gotta say, your pic is gorgeous!

3raspberry chocolate torte Empty Re: raspberry chocolate torte Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:46 pm

NormM

NormM

I dusted the parchment with cocoa.

4raspberry chocolate torte Empty Re: raspberry chocolate torte Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:17 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Norm, that torte is absolutely GORGEOUS! Thanks for the recipe, too, which I've not only copied but added a picture, too (and your tip for using the cocoa to dust the parchment).

The best thing is that I have everything needed to make it except the raspberries. To me and Brian, nothing goes better with chocolate than raspberries -- the best!

Thanks again. Now tell us how you enjoyed eating it!

5raspberry chocolate torte Empty Re: raspberry chocolate torte Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:47 pm

NormM

NormM

I make the torte every Valentine's Day. I suggested making some pink cinnamon rolls this year and got vetoed.

6raspberry chocolate torte Empty Re: raspberry chocolate torte Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:40 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

NormM wrote:I make the torte every Valentine's Day. I suggested making some pink cinnamon rolls this year and got vetoed.

The torte would've gotten my vote, too...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum