Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I need some baking trays

+3
JanaAZ
bethk
Barbara101
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I need some baking trays Empty I need some baking trays Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:46 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

well I mean sheet pans.I am sick of scraping & scrubbing Those pans I have.PIA.I gave most of them to DD.. I have 2.Hate them.

I want some that I can just rinse & or just wash. No turning black or getting gummy & gross.

2I need some baking trays Empty Re: I need some baking trays Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:13 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I love my aluminum 1/2 sheet pans from Sam's Club or Costco....about $10/2

I always use parchment (or foil if I'm baking something messy) so just a sink wash will do. Besides, aluminum doesn't go in the dishwasher ever.....just turns black and icky feeling.

3I need some baking trays Empty Re: I need some baking trays Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:33 am

JanaAZ

bethk wrote:I love my aluminum 1/2 sheet pans from Sam's Club or Costco....about $10/2

I always use parchment (or foil if I'm baking something messy) so just a sink wash will do.  Besides, aluminum doesn't go in the dishwasher ever.....just turns black and icky feeling.
I use the ones from Sam's all the time and put them in the dishwasher sometimes. Surprisingly, the dishwasher hasn't ruined them.

4I need some baking trays Empty Re: I need some baking trays Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:49 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

oh they will be put in the dishwasher. For sure lol.Maybe I should stop buying them at wal mart . wearever junk.

5I need some baking trays Empty Re: I need some baking trays Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:13 am

thesweetestpea

thesweetestpea

I have been using the USA bakeware and really like the pans a lot.  Here's a link to the jellyroll styles on Amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/USA-Pan-Aluminized-Jellyroll-Americoat/dp/B0029JQE3M/ref=cm_rdp_product

I only have the loaf, cake and muffin pans because my cookie sheets are still in good shape.  Like Beth, I use parchment on mine most of the time.

6I need some baking trays Empty Re: I need some baking trays Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:25 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I use the same 1/2 sheet pans we have had for years. Sometimes the girls will spray oil on them, and the oil burns and gets sticky.
I just scrub the pans with good ole Brillo pads. The ones with the soap.
Going way way back......?? Remember the sos soap pads, and the bar of red soap to use with the pads?? Now the soap is powdered inside the pad, but years ago, one had to rub the pad on the square thin red color soap! hahahahahaha....

Mom used to save that soap when the steel wool pads were all used up, and grate it in the wash water to wash Dads Greasy work clothes.

7I need some baking trays Empty Re: I need some baking trays Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:52 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

The USA pans can't go in the dishwasher. I have a couple and actually prefer my old Breadmakers brand and my Norpro. I get better results with those.

8I need some baking trays Empty Re: I need some baking trays Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:14 pm

LisaSD

LisaSD

I got my sheet pans at Sam's Club and really like them. Whenever I see them at Estate Sales, I always pick them up for a buck or two. Now I probably have too many...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum