Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I'm baking a cake today !!!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I'm baking a cake today !!! Empty I'm baking a cake today !!! Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:47 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm baking a cake today !!!

I'm baking a big old BIRTHDAY CAKE for one of the sweetest guys I know ~

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JIMMY !!!

We're gonna wait for him to recover after blowing out his candles and then we'll all have a piece of cake and sing "The Happy Birthday Song" just for him.

I'm baking a cake today !!! 4137497845 

2I'm baking a cake today !!! Empty Re: I'm baking a cake today !!! Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:13 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I'm baking a cake today !!! 599542_524244290958618_1339741534_n

Rum Bundt Cake for Jimmy.king  I'm baking a cake today !!! 911454047 

I'm baking a cake today !!! 863604796 

3I'm baking a cake today !!! Empty Re: I'm baking a cake today !!! Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:23 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Thank you Kids! ....
I'll bring a straw to suck out all the rum from the cake.

I went to the Dr's today, and had my BP checked to see how the new medication was working. Well, after 90 days of taking the meds, The BP was High High High! Hmmm.
I brought the bottle of the medication to the Dr. and low and behold...I was taking the WRONG Medication.
The drug store filled it from the Dr Prescription, but somehow, a different drug was in the bottle. All 90 of them.

Now, I don't know who did the switch, but it was not the Dr.
It's a big ? ? ? ?  ? ......
No wonder why my ear hurt sometimes and my chest was wheezing. It's a drug reaction from the wrong drug.

I can never figure why, when the Dr writes a prescription, that they scribble some words, and the druggist has to figure out the unclear writing. Most Dr's write like chicken scratch.

Drugs should be a letter / number identification. for example for just say Aspirin..  A 250 SC ....2 - 4x / day.
Aspirin  250 MG Safety Coated.... 2- 4 times per day.
See how easy? .... Simple! Very Happy 

Anyway..a salad for supper (back on diet) dr;s Orders. ha

Had 2 small mini cannoli for my party cake. No candles / No singing! ...

Again...thanks for the well wishes and the cake.I'm baking a cake today !!! 3602300868 

4I'm baking a cake today !!! Empty Re: I'm baking a cake today !!! Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:26 pm

JanaAZ

Happy birthday, Jimmy

I don't know if you are aware, but there are sites that allow you to put the color, shape and markings from pills to find out what they are. I always check the pills I get to make sure I received the correct ones.

5I'm baking a cake today !!! Empty Re: I'm baking a cake today !!! Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:51 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

JanaAZ wrote:Happy birthday, Jimmy

I don't know if you are aware, but there are sites that allow you to put the color, shape and markings from pills to find out what they are.  I always check the pills I get to make sure I received the correct ones.

Thanks JanaAZ....

This was the first time on the drug, and I figured it was just the Generic brand.
Thank goodness I had to get authorization from the Dr to get them re-filled.

When I called the DR...I had to make a visit to test my BP first, but I explained to the nurse that I ran out of my medication. She said, No Problem, I will call in 7 meds to get you by. When we picked up the pills, they were the original ones I had been on previously.

I brought the both pill containers to the Dr today, and He flipped when he had seen what wrong meds the drug store had given me three months ago.

I am going to check from now on. I just figured they were a Generic and that's why they looked different.

6I'm baking a cake today !!! Empty Re: I'm baking a cake today !!! Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:08 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I would be opening a can of whoop ass on somebody..Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil That is very dangerous.

7I'm baking a cake today !!! Empty Re: I'm baking a cake today !!! Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:16 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh my heavens, Jimmy. That's terrible.

Did ANYONE say what drug you were actually taking and if there could be any long lasting effects?

I agree with Barb ~ if you don't want to do the yellin' at least take "M" with you and let her spew out a few words to who ever is responsible.

8I'm baking a cake today !!! Empty Re: I'm baking a cake today !!! Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:05 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

Jimmy, I would find out what kind of drug you were taking for 3 MONTHS!!!

It could have caused you a lot of harm..

I have to say, that it was most likely the pharmacy's fault.
In this area, last year, there were a lot of mistakes from the CVS chain!
I would raise holy he@@!!!!
I would go to the pharmacy, speak with the Manager and follow through on this!
Jimmy, if your BP was so high and uncontrolled, you know you could have had a stroke!
And, what did those other pills do to your system???

Let Tina or DD handle this!!

I think DD would be great--get the big guns on this!!
and find out from your doctor what to look out for side effects from the other drug and be tested for it!!!

I would be furious if it this happened to my Dad!!!

9I'm baking a cake today !!! Empty Re: I'm baking a cake today !!! Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:08 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

Jimmy,
Also do not throw away the bottle and wrong pills. These are your proof of mistake/injury!!
get them out of the trash if you did!!

10I'm baking a cake today !!! Empty Re: I'm baking a cake today !!! Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:10 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

BTW,
Jimmy
Happy Belated Birthday!!! I'm baking a cake today !!! 863604796  I'm baking a cake today !!! 2825942945 

11I'm baking a cake today !!! Empty Re: I'm baking a cake today !!! Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:39 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

cookingirl wrote:Jimmy,
Also do not throw away the bottle and wrong pills. These are your proof of mistake/injury!!
get them out of the trash if you did!!
Thanks cookingirl,

We never throw the empty pill cases away without taking off the label first.

I did check the drug and compare online, and the other drug is a blood preasure drug; but NOT what the Dr Ordered.
The only thing that the other drug caused was wheezing at times. And weight gain. Whatever that is ? hahahahahahaha

The Dr. said it was a drug that was close on the list to what he prescribed.

Prescribed: BYSTOLIC 10 MG TABLET

Was Given : BISOPROLOL FUMARATE 10 MG TAB

12I'm baking a cake today !!! Empty Re: I'm baking a cake today !!! Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:48 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

cookingirl wrote:BTW,
Jimmy
Happy Belated Birthday!!!  I'm baking a cake today !!! 863604796       I'm baking a cake today !!! 2825942945 
cheers Thank You!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum