Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

went on a shopping spree

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1went on a shopping spree Empty went on a shopping spree Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:23 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I don't do it often but ghezz when I do went on a shopping spree 2855670339 

I bought a load of great cheeses.

smoked gouda,smoked swiss,Brie,cranberry cheddar.kerry gold cheddar.baby swiss.

Cranberry walnut bread,ciabatta.artisan hard flat bread.

late lunch.great grilled sandwich.

2went on a shopping spree Empty Re: went on a shopping spree Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:00 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Were you hungry when you left to go shopping or did you just find great deals?

Your grilled sandwich looked overflowing with cheese.

3went on a shopping spree Empty Re: went on a shopping spree Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:58 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

No ,, just decided I needed some good new stuff.I pretty much stick to sales & a budget.I paid $65. for 2 bags of goodies.Embarassed 
I don't do it very often lol.

I do load up on meat sales on Sunday mornings tho..

BTW there is a huge difference in publix everyday brand & The really good stuff.It is ok for cooking,but the good stuff just makes it so much better .

4went on a shopping spree Empty Re: went on a shopping spree Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:47 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Publix is my least favorite store in The Villages. For most stuff I really like the Winn Dixie, and now they have purchased the Sweetbay stores so that's just so much better for me. But here in Ohio I alternate between Kroger & Meijers, both good for different stuff.

5went on a shopping spree Empty Re: went on a shopping spree Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:28 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

bethk wrote:Publix is my least favorite store in The Villages.  For most stuff I really like the Winn Dixie, and now they have purchased the Sweetbay stores so that's just so much better for me.  But here in Ohio I alternate between Kroger & Meijers, both good for different stuff.
In New Orleans, I find Winn-Dixie's prices really high. Plus, I HATE how the "real" price is usually not on the meat -- it has a price but that is discounted when you use your "Winn-Dixie card" at checkout. But when you're in the store, you can't tell what the freaking final price will be. Brian went there not so long ago (it's the only store around that sells the Raspberry Tea flavor of Crystal Lite, which is our favorite flavor as it's not too sweet -- tastes great with a big sprig of mint in it, too) and bought several things. I was really shocked at the prices when he came home. I compared the receipt to the receipts from the normal grocery we use -- Rouse's, a local grocery that's gone regional lately -- and he was stunned as well. Now we only buy the Crystal Lite there...

6went on a shopping spree Empty Re: went on a shopping spree Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:47 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

we had winnD here for awhile hated that store.Smelled like rotten meat when you went in.It finally closed.I never got a deals either.We also had a kroger for awhile maybe a week lol closed & it became BiLo.
seems the store I do like was sold to Kroger & you should see all the folks having fits over that.Not is good way either. They are in the process if building 2 right by me Harris Teeter,I was so happy, now they are going to be krogers Evil or Very Mad 

I do like Publix the best.Clean & the folks who work there are super nice.great BOGO deals.meat is high as is chicken.I only buy it on a great sale price.

7went on a shopping spree Empty Re: went on a shopping spree Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:08 pm

NormM

NormM

My favorite store is Hen House Market but I think it is just a Kansas City store. The store locator only shows 11 stores and they are all on the Kansas side of the state line.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

8went on a shopping spree Empty Re: went on a shopping spree Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:50 am

thesweetestpea

thesweetestpea

Usually around Christmas, we go to the upscale locally owned market about 30 miles from us. We used to live a few miles from it and we had the best food possible but I usually bought my staples from Kroger or Meijer. We save up to go and spend about $200 but we eat great for a few weeks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum