Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bought a boatload

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bought a boatload Empty Bought a boatload Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:29 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

of Vidalias. 70clb.Bought a boatload 3267860543 

I have never made onion jam before ..That is my plan.

also I will make caramelized onions.

I just wish my FP would take a whole onion.So I could have nice whole slices..

2Bought a boatload Empty Re: Bought a boatload Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:42 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Suggestion....make a jar of pickled onions to stash in the refrigerator....excellent on burgers, added to salads, oh so many uses - and once pickled they last for a long time. I just saw a recipe that sounded good on deepsouthdish.com - funny you mentioned onions withing minutes of me seeing that recipe.

I have had a hard time getting vidalia onions to caramalize....due to the moisture content. So, just keep them low and slow, sometimes takes up to an hour.

Do you have a mandolin or V-Slicer somewhere in your cabinets you may have forgotten about? That's what I use to slice a bunch quickly.

3Bought a boatload Empty Re: Bought a boatload Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:43 am

thesweetestpea

thesweetestpea

Barb, many years ago I made a red onion jam and it was very good.  We used it on sandwiches and it was good on cornbread too.  Also, nice on crackers with cream cheese as an appetizer.  I bet the Vidalias would make a great jam, too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum