Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

shrimp... again..

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 shrimp... again.. on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:21 am

Barbara101

and my last stash was going down so nice.

I should not complain it is FREE!!!!!!!

but now for the rest of the day I will be heading & cleaning & in a sink full mess.....I can only hope my freezer does not lose power.

ok guess I will be making shrimp tonight.

2 Re: shrimp... again.. on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:34 am

bethk

Admin
Oh, Barb....how wonderful the boys know just what to gift you with!

Our nephew promises when we get down in the villa he will give us all the river shrimp we want when they are running. He says he only keeps the good sized ones and pops the heads before sharing. What could be better?

But it looks like you'll be at the sink for quite a while. Wish I could run over to help.

3 Re: shrimp... again.. on Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:07 pm

Imelda HL

waw.. that's a lot of shrimps.. steamed with the heads on.. yum Very Happy 

don't forget to make some shrimp stock with shrimp heads.. yum...

4 Re: shrimp... again.. on Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:43 pm

Crybaby

And just know that they freeze just fine with the heads on, too. You can head (and shell) them when you defrost them.

I'm with you, Imelda -- even if I don't do it at the time I use the shrimp, I always freeze the heads and shells for stock. Nothing like it!

5 Re: shrimp... again.. on Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:49 pm

NormM

When I do the Killer Shrimp recipe, I always boil it with the shells for half an hour or so before adding the shrimp. It makes a big difference in the taste.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

6 Re: shrimp... again.. on Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:05 pm

Imelda HL

Crybaby wrote:And just know that they freeze just fine with the heads on, too.  You can head (and shell) them when you defrost them.  

I'm with you, Imelda -- even if I don't do it at the time I use the shrimp, I always freeze the heads and shells for stock.  Nothing like it!

crybaby.. I always have frozen shrimp head in my freezer

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum