Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

very spicy shrimp

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1very spicy shrimp Empty very spicy shrimp Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:42 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

chopped very fine 1/4 cup of red onion and 2 garlic gloves. I saute the onion in a mixtures of oils, about a tsp. maybe a little more of each Sunflower Oil, Olive Oil, Sesame Oil and a touch of butter, until golden brown about 2 to 3 minutes. I then added the garlic, 2 pinches of Cumin, 2 pinches of Jamaican Jerk Season, 2 pinches of Paprika, 2 to 3 shakes of red Pepper flakes, pinch of fresh Thyme, pinch of Sea Salt, pinch of cracked pepper and the shrimp. Saute until the shrimp turns pink for 3 to 4 minutes. I added a splash of Dry Sherry and a squeeze of 1/2 of a lime just before you pull it off the stove, don't over cook or your shrimp or it will be rubbery. Set aside the shrimp in another small dish. I then looked in the fridge and I had some corn tortillas from last week, I took two out and placed one at a time in the pan, I used the same pan I cooked the shrimp in. I heated up on both sides. I then went back to the fridge and took out a cucumber, iceberg lettuce and plain yogurt. I shredded up some lettuce and peeled and sliced a few slices of the cucumber. I placed the shredded lettuce and sliced cucumbers on the corn tortilla shells, I then added the shrimp and all the cooked bits and pieces of onion and garlic. I then took two heaping tablespoons of yogurt a squeeze of lime a smidge of paprika, cumin and salt mixed it with the yogurt and put a dollop on each tortilla. The taste of this was so amazing with the spices of the shrimp and the coolness of the cucumber and lime yogurt, wow! You can use any kind of shells you have.

2very spicy shrimp Empty Re: very spicy shrimp Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:51 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Nice combination of a variety of spices.  I like the way the yogurt tames the heat but leaves the flavors.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum