Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ???

+5
NormM
Barbara101
Imelda HL
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 18]

51JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 3 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:18 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

And that, Jimmy, would do away with all that needless chit chat...SO bothersome! LOL

52JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 3 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:24 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

NormM wrote:While I was visiting in Seattle, I had Mahi Mahi at one restaurant and tuna at another.  The tuna was just put on the grill for a few seconds as far as i could tell. It was raw in the middle.  The Mahi was cooked through. It was the best tasting fish I had while I was out there. I wish I could get some that good here. I am sure it was the fish that tasted so good and not just the view that made it seem good.  

Do you remember how the mahi was prepared? I'm wondering about putting it on the grill.

When we were emptying cupboards today we found the grill sheet and basket thingy I JUST KNEW I HAD.....it's probably been in the way back of the cabinet for 25 years and looks practically brand new! It's going to be taken down to the villa for sure....lol!

53JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 3 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:44 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I do mine on the grill.I make sure I oil both first. Takes only a couple minutes per side.

54JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 3 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:18 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barb, any special seasoning or just s&p?

55JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 3 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:32 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

BRB.. with that info..

JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 3 Mahimahimenu425

grilled mahi mahi

put lemon juice,salt/pepper,oil on fish.
mash a couple cloves of garlic,butter & parsley.

grill on high 10 min. them low to med high.
place fish on grill .. stand there & watch it Laughing oh & close lid. but you know how to grill lol.

turn it over, then add the butter garlic parsley mash.

56JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 3 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:27 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 3 Mdshrimp1

Fillet ,,,with guess what?? shrimp. Tossed with Old Bay, then threw them on the grill.

57JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 3 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:09 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 3 Mdshrimp1

Fillet ,,,with guess what?? shrimp.  Tossed with Old Bay, then threw them on the grill.

Wow! Sheer lushiousness! Had that last night, but not that beautiful thickness.

Jimmy,? What is this ----ness  & -----ness stuff. You are being @$$ishness!

58JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 3 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:11 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I talk to myself a lot lately! Right? .... Embarassed 

59JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 3 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:41 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

LOL, jimmy! We all listen 85% of the time......

Barb, that surf & turf looks wonderful. I can only sit here and think how good the fresh shrimp tasted!

The 10 yr. old came home from his Dad's STARVING ! We had burgers on the grill, tater rounds crispy and crunchy in evoo on the stove and I opened a can of corn just because the kid was chewing on his arm as I was cooking outside. After we all ate our burger HE asked for a second....OK, thaw out a burger, thaw out a bun...cook it on the grill as fast as you can get it done....he inhaled the second one as quickly as the first. He and his mom are on a quick run to the soft serve ice cream shoppe at the end of the street for dessert because Grandmas cookies aren't enough for dessert tonight.

60JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 3 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:11 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I was perusing different sites and came across one I've seen before but had forgotten about.  Closetcooking.com has a lot of recipes to utilize all that fresh shrimp you were gifted with, Barb.  Wonderful salads, shrimp burgers using shrimp paste as the binder for burgers to grill...just a lot of information and recipes that are low carb yet they look very filling and satisfying.

61JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 3 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:19 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Imelda HL wrote:I made some chicken rice.. it's a popular dish in some Asian countries, such as Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia.. Hainanese Chicken rice.. I baked the chicken thighs in the oven, added some water, a piece of ginger, salt and black pepper, covered and baked until they were done.. I reserved the chicken fat ( the top layer of the broth), separated the broth and chicken... I sauteed some ginger and garlic with the chicken fat, stirred until brown and fragrant, added washed rice, stirred and added chicken broth, stirred until the broth absorbed, then let it cook..

I meant to say, Imelda, this rice dish sounds fabulous. Dane's not a fan of ginger so I think it's going to be on my list of "make for me" dishes when I'm at the villa and he's stuck in Ohio. So be prepared when I ask you to direct me to this post so I can follow your instructions....lol.

62JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 3 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:39 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

The sloppy joes never made it to the pot!

Mommy "T" wanted meatballs from Franks...and GD wanted ravioli.
I made myself a Fried Egg with Hot Peppers and mozzarella cheese. Razz 

Tina is house sitting Tomorrow for Jimmy Jr. Whilst the Tile Guy is there working on the bathroom remodel.

Jimmy Boy here, will make the sloppy Joes for tomorrow's meal. Who eats , eats! Who don't eat, the heck with them. They can Go Scratch! I just want to Mush My Face into a Sloppy Joe sandwich (s) big time! tongue 

Tina is making Lasagna at Sons house to pass the time.

63JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 3 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:17 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

Tina is making Lasagna at Sons house to pass the time. [/color][/b]

Now that is what a REAL FOODIE does for entertainment. Others will pick up a good book and just sit and appreciate the quiet. Foodie Fanatics COOK ! Bet she has a great time, too.

JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 3 1628686546 

64JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 3 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:19 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

Tina is making Lasagna at Sons house to pass the time. [/color][/b]

Now that is what a REAL FOODIE does for entertainment.  Others will pick up a good book and just sit and appreciate the quiet.  Foodie Fanatics COOK !  Bet she has a great time, too.

JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 3 1628686546 

Well, the "Real Foodie" just called me on her cell phone.
Just seconds b-4 her call...I had a stupid thought! "Gee, I hope she took the key to the house?"
Sherrie and Jim Jr. Stopped over yesterday to drop off a key because Tina couldn't find the first key she was given ages ago.
The phone rings, and she says,"You are never gonna believe this!" -- I forgot the K E Y !"

Then as if a miracle happened...way way in the bottom of her Purse...she found the older key that she couldn't find yesterday... She said,"Oh I found a key; let me see if it...YeP! I'm Inside!

She is only 20 minutes away, but still....she has the car! hahahahaha... I'd have to jump on the tractor and get it out to her! NOT🇳🇴 

65JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 3 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:32 am

NormM

NormM

Hen House Market has $5.00 meat every Sat. This time it was $5.00 Angus ribeyes so I got three. I also got a slab of Duroc babyback ribs. I planned to smoke the ribs and grill the steak yesterday but after I prepped the ribs and put everything in the meat keeper section of the new fridge, Charlie told me we were invited over to my nephew's new house for dinner. His sister and their mom (my sister) were all invited so I didn't have a chance to cook anything. Ryan- my nephew's new house is very nice and very big. They have three boys. Their bathroom has a two head walk through shower and a huge tub with water jets all over it.

We had bratwurst burgers and turkey hot dogs. The hot dogs tasted a lot better than I thought they would.

So now the plan is for Wednesday the plan is to make a smokey bacon spice paste for the steaks that was posted by Crybaby and use it on the steaks. I hope the steaks are still good by then but that is Cassie's day off and Charlie will get home around 5 pm. Either today or Wed, I plan to try out some oven fried sweet potatoes. it is a recipe posted by Weekend Chef at the other site. Today I am going to smoke the ribs. Charlie and I can have them for dinner and Cassie can have them when she gets home tonight.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

66JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 3 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:48 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

sometimes I take out steaks & then don't grill them right away. To hot out or raining or whatever. So I cook them a little.. Then I grill them the next day or so.Have not died yet so I guess it is still ok to do that geek

at the other site. lol I lurked the other week & noticed that Jimmy is the only one to post pics.JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 3 1838020472 

heck it does not even look the admin even shows up..scratch 

67JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 3 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:06 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:sometimes I take out steaks & then don't grill them right away. To hot out or raining or whatever. So I cook them a little.. Then I grill them the next day or so.Have not died yet so I guess it is still ok to do that geek

at the other site.  lol I lurked the other week & noticed that Jimmy is the only one to post pics.JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 3 1838020472 

heck it does not even look the admin even shows up..scratch 

I noticed that too Barbara. I was like...holy jumbolees...I'm posting right under my previous post from the other day before. I thought I did something wrong and posted on a wrong page or something. I guess it's because a lot of members are on vacation first two weeks of July.

68JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 3 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:23 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

And you all know how guilty I feel about not posting pics.....heck, I'm not even sure where my camera is at this point in time. But rest assured, as soon as I get back to a REAL computer instead of this puny iPad, you will be subjected to my sorry photography skills again!

This morning I took a marinated London Broil Steak out of the freezer. It had my red wine, soy, honey and rosemary marinade on it. I microwaved some potatoes for a minute or so to just get them started and then cut into thick slices, drizzled with evoo, some s&p and browned them along side the steak. I also threw together an Asian type vinegarette for some baby bok choy and that got grilled to cook as well. Dane didn't care for the bok choy but did just fine with the steak and potatoes, oh, and a Grandma's Everyday salad....he didn't starve without a vegetable on his plate. Rob and Jake will probably turn up BOTH their noses at the bok choy when they get home a little later for supper. They had appointments after she got off work so they will have a reheated supper.

69JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 3 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:37 pm

NormM

NormM

Ribs after 4 hours in my smoker today.
JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 3 DSCN0628_zps4d41921f

70JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 3 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:39 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 3 866d4623c1e7a6e26ab252794e634c8e

JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 3 2876911673 dinner.

Norm looks great..

71JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 3 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:44 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:Ribs after 4 hours in my smoker today.
JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 3 DSCN0628_zps4d41921f

Oh Boy! What perfect ribs Norm. What a Rib Tickling Treat!

72JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 3 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:38 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Gosh, Norm, those ribs look so much better than any you might buy! And I bet all you had to do was "set 'em and forget 'em" in the smoker !

Very nice!

73JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 3 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:08 am

NormM

NormM

If I do say so myself, they do taste better than any I have had elsewhere. But there is a little more to it than to just 'set em and forget em"

74JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 3 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:37 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Tonight was a supper of chicken thighs, simply seasoned with s&p, cooked first in a disposable foil pan until all the excess fat was rendered and then the skin was crisped on the hot grill. Baked potatoes and buttered peas rounded out the meal.

75JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 3 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:47 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 3 943285_10200308122138113_1116303569_n

just quick grilled some shrimp. It is in the fridge to cool. I am going to make shrimp salad later.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum