Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ???

+5
NormM
Barbara101
Imelda HL
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 18]

26JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:46 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper is gonna be Taco bell.
Tina is on her way home from her Uncles, and she was wishing for some.
I wouldn't refuse food; so I'll eat some taco's.

27JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:34 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Well, Jimmy, you were my inspiration yet again.....

Taco Bell for supper.

We worked on the finish painting in the bedroom from early morning until about 6:00 pm.  That's when we ALL dropped and said enough for today.  I couldn't even think of what there might be to cook.  So Jimmy's comment about Taco Bell just stuck in my head.  And now I'm not hungry so I guess it's not a terrible thing once in a while.

28JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:12 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Well, Jimmy, you were my inspiration yet again.....

Taco Bell for supper.

We worked on the finish painting in the bedroom from early morning until about 6:00 pm.  That's when we ALL dropped and said enough for today.  I couldn't even think of what there might be to cook.  So Jimmy's comment about Taco Bell just stuck in my head.  And now I'm not hungry so I guess it's not a terrible thing once in a while.

Terrible things happen a lot over here Beth!

We are wrapping up a great Pizza Party with desserts from an Italian Bakery!

29JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:07 pm

NormM

NormM

Charlie made kalbi, I made boneless, skinless fried chicken and strawberry shortcake. Cassie sauted mushrooms. We also had rice, Romaine lettuce leaves, seasoned spice paste for the wrap. We also had some store bought kim che.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

30JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:23 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

4TH of July celebration with Pizza and pastries.
I was glad the pizza crust and sauce came out great.

There were pepperoni / sausage / mushrooms / pep[pers / and plain cheese pizza's!

Italian cannoli and other desserts.

We all had a great Quiet and cool celebration. Inside. Forget outside. Too Humid! JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 2 387840482 

JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 2 2st4

JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 2 Rzv3

JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 2 Mhjy

JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 2 Ct4a

JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 2 4q6s

JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 2 Tojr

31JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:54 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Norm, the meal the three of you put together sounds wonderful. I've purchased Kim Che before, in a jar from the produce refrigerated section. It was not all that tasty....I guess I need to find someone who has it from around here who can advise me as to which is the best brand. Since its not something I have eaten before I don't know if what I get is not good or if its just that I'm not familiar with the taste.

Jimmy, your pizza party looks divine....but that could be because I'm drooling over the pics of the Italian desserts! Yum! I think you did a great job on the pizza crust - and with all the different toppings everyone was surely happy.

32JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:53 am

NormM

NormM

Kim che can be made with bean sprouts, spinach, cucumber, Japanese radish, and many other vegetables but the most common is made with Napa Cabbage. I have had some from a regular grocery store and thought it was not very good. Asian markets usually have better but they sell it in larger jars for the most part. I recently had some from Trader Joe's that was good.... still I can understand if there are people who would not care for it. Perhaps the safest way to try it is to go to a Korean restaurant. They serve 4 or 5 types with any main course you might order.

33JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:16 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

OK, so now I have to go looking for that Korean restaurant in an area that only seems to have Chinese and Thai as the Asian offerings...

I think I'm going to wait until I get back to Florida and then Lyn and I can go on a road trip in our quest to find one. I'm fairly certain there must be some in the Orlando area.

34JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:35 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 2 970728_10200253454563747_369362788_n

NYS ( I think) I did not label it.

Not fresh corn. well maybe in Fla.. Not here in SC.

35JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:47 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

That looks amazing, Barb.

Right now I'm thawing some leftover lasagne for Dane and Jake's lunch. What I wouldn't give to sneak out to the store and pick up one of those to put on the grill just for me ! I wouldn't even mind if I had to stand next to the grill to eat it in secret....lol

36JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:07 pm

JanaAZ

Tonight we have some friends coming to visit. I'm making chicken parm today. This weekend will be BBQ ribs and a night of appetizers.

37JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:43 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

still no cooking today... my DH is still happy with his Sloppy Joes.. today he ate it with tortilla, like Sloppy joes burritos

38JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:31 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I pulled some pork cutlets out of the freezer this morning. I pounded them a bit and then seasoned with some Italian seasoning and then into a traditional dredge with flour, egg wash and Italian breadcrumbs. I blanched some green beans and then sauted in bacon fat with some onions and a tiny bit of brown sugar and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes. I had some green and yellow zucchini and I just shredded it with a vegetable peeler and did a quick sauté with some thinly sliced onions.

The big surprise was the GS did not miss a traditional starch like potatoes or noodles. No gravy, either. He moaned about the zucchini when his mom put it on his plate but then emptied the serving bowl on his plate for his second serving. He always seems to forget his grandma only cooks things she knows he likes! LOL

39JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:37 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We are having Dinner from Golden Skillet... a Fish and fries place.

Tina and Friend Mary just left to pick it up.

Mary came up to go car searching, and We got her a car, Yeah!
She is so happy... her old car was rotted out on the sub frame.

Ooops! Food Is here!

40JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:51 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had a car like that one time.

It was my very favorite, EVER......my '65 Mustang.

There was a rattle in the trunk that just drove me crazy. I kept asking Dane to figure out what was making the noise.

Turns out it was the frame - in pieces.....ended up being a "parts car" for some lucky fellow.

41JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:09 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 2 Grilledhalfchicken425

spatchcock gone bad. I get PO trying to cut the thing ,so I just cut it in half.I hate to cut up chicken JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 2 1450907917 

then I watched it like a hawk so it would not burn. Got skeeter bit 5 times.Twisted Evil 

42JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:32 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Robin got one of those OFF Clip On things and she says it has seemed to protect her when she has to take Huclkeberry out for a walk. She tried to attach one to Huck's collar to keep the Mosquitos off him but the fan noise freaks him.

43JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:59 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We had a Christmas in July Dinner; believe it or not.

Our dear friend Mary didn't know what to buy us for Christmas as an exchange of gifts between us.
Tina said, take us to dinner some time!

Well she was here to go car L00King (and got a car by the way).
While staying here with us, she said Now would be a good time to have that Christmas in July, and so she didn't want to go out to eat, so Tina and she, picked up some delicious Fillet steaks and fried mushrooms and corn on the cob. Taters, and 2 tomato salads, and desserts, and I made us the steaks on the grill. Everything was really super.
Couldn't transfer the pics onto the photo host site. Grrrrrrrrr!

44JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:14 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Jimmy, that's a great gift! And I'll just bet you all got a lot more for Mary's money than if you had gone out to a restaurant.

Barb, if I lived closer I'd come and cut all your chickens for you before you stuck 'em in the freezer! I don't mind at all. I've been splitting mine the "leaping frog" way....up the sides and cut apart at the shoulder. Easier than trying to cut through the back bone. I end up with the legs/thighs and back on one and the breast and wings on the other. Much easier to use a kitchen shears to cut through the ribs and then when you get to the shoulders you can practically twist to undo the shoulder joint and then wiggle your knife to separate....takes about 3 minutes.

45JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:28 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

DD's were both here yesterday (and today) helping go through all the treasures...crap....so we decided to go to Outback for supper. It was ok. Nothing special, but the salads were cold and crisp and my steak was cooked just right. Robin didn't understand why I got a big fat piece of steak and she got a flat piece....I ordered mine med-rare so they use a chunk of beef....she ordered med-well (ugh!) and got a much thinner slab of sirloin that sure looked like shoe leather to me....oh, we'll, to each his own, I guess.

Andrea had the mahi and said, other than too much salt, it was good. I've never cooked mahi before. Is it suppose to be slightly cooked like tuna or should it be cooked until it flakes like a cod? Or something in between?

I'm hoping to have the opportunity to experiment cooking fresh fish when Dane and I get down to the villa. I don't want to have to resort to cooking "previously frozen", however. That just ruins it for the taste....except with some shrimp and crab. I think ALL crab is cooked and frozen, except the Maryland blue crabs - and going to a REAL crab boil in Maryland is on my bucket list of meals to enjoy.

46JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:58 pm

NormM

NormM

While I was visiting in Seattle, I had Mahi Mahi at one restaurant and tuna at another. The tuna was just put on the grill for a few seconds as far as i could tell. It was raw in the middle. The Mahi was cooked through. It was the best tasting fish I had while I was out there. I wish I could get some that good here. I am sure it was the fish that tasted so good and not just the view that made it seem good.

47JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:32 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I made some chicken rice.. it's a popular dish in some Asian countries, such as Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia.. Hainanese Chicken rice.. I baked the chicken thighs in the oven, added some water, a piece of ginger, salt and black pepper, covered and baked until they were done.. I reserved the chicken fat ( the top layer of the broth), separated the broth and chicken... I sauteed some ginger and garlic with the chicken fat, stirred until brown and fragrant, added washed rice, stirred and added chicken broth, stirred until the broth absorbed, then let it cook..

JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 2 30-1

and this is our late night snacks... corn chips topped with sloppy joes and cheese.. so good.. we are addicted now. help.. JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 2 1838020472 

JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 2 DSCN6972[/URL]

48JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:47 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:I made some chicken rice.. it's a popular dish in some Asian countries, such as Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia.. Hainanese Chicken rice.. I baked the chicken thighs in the oven, added some water, a piece of ginger, salt and black pepper, covered and baked until they were done.. I reserved the chicken fat ( the top layer of the broth), separated the broth and chicken... I sauteed some ginger and garlic with the chicken fat, stirred until brown and fragrant, added washed rice, stirred and added chicken broth, stirred until the broth absorbed, then let it cook..

JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 2 30-1

and this is our late night snacks... corn chips topped with sloppy joes and cheese.. so good.. we are addicted now. help.. JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 2 1838020472 

JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 2 DSCN6972[/URL]

I could help! ... I will be there with my bib on, and I will help you eat that! LOL

49JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:56 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

LOL, Imelda...I love that Grandma Lipski's sloppy joes will live on for years to come.  By the way, she is still alive and cooking for her children and adult grandchildren.  To my knowledge she does not have any great-grands, but I'm sure she would love for that to happen!

And since you put the idea in my head I got up at dawn this morning and got a batch of the sloppy joes made and then cooled down to reheat for our lunch.  The girls and Dane and I didn't have breakfast so I knew after dragging furniture up and down the stairs we would need a hot lunch that took no time to get ready.

50JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:06 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:LOL, Imelda...I love that Grandma Lipski's sloppy joes will live on for years to come.  By the way, she is still alive and cooking for her children and adult grandchildren.  To my knowledge she does not have any great-grands, but I'm sure she would love for that to happen!

And since you put the idea in my head I got up at dawn this morning and got a batch of the sloppy joes made and then cooled down to reheat for our lunch.  The girls and Dane and I didn't have breakfast so I knew after dragging furniture up and down the stairs we would need a hot lunch that took no time to get ready.

Would you believe Tina is hemin and hawin over here, in a miserable mood (I think the heat got to her ) and she is being naggie and raggie on me about what to have what to have what to have for supper. Welllllllll.....I mentioned Sloppy Joes. Thank you so musch for the Idea.

I am some day, gonna put all our favorites and some extra foods on flash cards!
This way Tina and I could sit at the table having our morning wake up coffee, and show Food Flash Cards to Each Other!..... W O W ! ...What a great game!! hahahahahahahaha

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum