Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cookies are done

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cookies are done  Empty Cookies are done Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:39 am

JanaAZ

I finally finished the cookies. This was a weird year. I wasn’t planning on doing many cookies this year but when my trip to Israel and Egypt got canceled, I had a few weeks of time with nothing scheduled, so I began baking again.

Each year I try to make some different cookies. there were a few new ones on here.

I don’t know how many years I’ll be able to keep doing them, so I better enjoy making them while I can.

Cookies are done  Img_9910

bethk and NormM like this post

2Cookies are done  Empty Re: Cookies are done Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:21 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

You're AMAZING!

I can only imagine how much your efforts are appreciated!

(Love watching your progress on FaceBook)

BTW ~ in case you still have the 'melted together' turtles.....I'd eat a clump in a New York minute! LOL

JanaAZ likes this post

3Cookies are done  Empty Re: Cookies are done Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:22 pm

JanaAZ

bethk wrote:You're AMAZING!

I can only imagine how much your efforts are appreciated!

(Love watching your progress on FaceBook)

BTW ~ in case you still have the 'melted together' turtles.....I'd eat a clump in a New York minute!  LOL

You’ll have to fight a bunch of people for the clump of turtles.

bethk likes this post

4Cookies are done  Empty Re: Cookies are done Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:55 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

In years past I always made dozens of cookies.  Lots to gift and (unfortunate for my BMI ~) lots for at home.  But for the last few years I haven't made any.....well, not many.  I always did make a cherry crostata for Bill's birthday dessert but that was about the extent of my holiday baking.

This year I heard that Lyn's friend, Dan (Carolyn), is a Coconut Macaroon JUNKIE!  He can't eat chocolate (not sure why) but the coconut macaroon cookies are his absolute favorite.

So, I made a batch to take for our Christmas dessert tray.

They are so easy to throw together ~ and I usually have the ingredients.  I did split the batter and baked half as normal Coconut Macaroons and the other half got a huge amount of toasted slivered almonds mixed in for Coconut Almond Macaroons.  It's just a fun twist on an easy cookie.

Cookies are done  12_24_19

Cookies are done  12_24_20

UNCLE JIMMY and JanaAZ like this post

5Cookies are done  Empty Re: Cookies are done Mon Dec 25, 2023 3:13 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:In years past I always made dozens of cookies.  Lots to gift and (unfortunate for my BMI ~) lots for at home.  But for the last few years I haven't made any.....well, not many.  I always did make a cherry crostata for Bill's birthday dessert but that was about the extent of my holiday baking.

This year I heard that Lyn's friend, Dan (Carolyn), is a Coconut Macaroon JUNKIE!  He can't eat chocolate (not sure why) but the coconut macaroon cookies are his absolute favorite.

So, I made a batch to take for our Christmas dessert tray.

They are so easy to throw together ~ and I usually have the ingredients.  I did split the batter and baked half as normal Coconut Macaroons and the other half got a huge amount of toasted slivered almonds mixed in for Coconut Almond Macaroons.  It's just a fun twist on an easy cookie.

Cookies are done  12_24_19

Cookies are done  12_24_20

We love coconut, clusters, macaroons, and especially coconut custard pie.

bethk likes this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum