Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gingersnaps cookies

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Gingersnaps cookies on Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:52 pm

Barbara101

made crumbs for pie crust. Made crumbs for toppings,like sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts ,or anything else that I can think of.

2 Re: Gingersnaps cookies on Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:13 pm

bethk

Admin
I'm gettin' hungry for some nice, crunchy gingersnaps.....with some finely chopped candied ginger. I'm the only one who likes them in my house so there's never a fight for me to have them all for myself.

3 Re: Gingersnaps cookies on Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:10 am

Crybaby

Gingersnaps are something both Brian and I adore -- we'd be fighting for the last one, I'm sure. I love the bite of ginger they have...

4 Re: Gingersnaps cookies on Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:09 am

Barbara101

I was making a cheesecake & didn't have a gram crumbs,I did have half a box of gingersnaps,that I had used for topping of a sweetP casserole, I crushed them up. Oh wow that crust was so freaking good.So I do that often now.

5 Re: Gingersnaps cookies on Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:11 am

bethk

Admin
Isn't that what the saying, "desperation is the mother of invention", or something like that....comes from?

You need an ingredient and don't have it so you "punt" with something else. And in your case, it came out tasting better than the original! Good idea.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum