Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Locked oven door

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Locked oven door Empty Locked oven door Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:40 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Hi, my cooking friends, I think I'm in trouble Shocked I did not know which button I pressed on my oven ( when I was trying to clear the noise of the fan after I baked my bread), the LOCK sign was suddenly appeared, I might have pressed CLEAN ( I was not sure Sad ), it usually causes the door locked, it has been going on for 2 hours, my question is, is there anything else can cause the same problem ( locking door )? What should I do if it can't be unlocked automatically? Thank you.

2Locked oven door Empty Re: Locked oven door Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:28 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Imelda ~ I've NOT had that problem but I've found the answer to many questions on 'youtube.com'. I type in the Brand / Model Number (if you know it) for the stove with something like:

Fridgidare Electric Range oven locked ~ how to unlock?

Many times someone has posted a solution to the same problem. It's worth a try.

I would think, if nothing else, if it's electric you could have Dirk pull it away from the wall and unplug it so, at the very least, you can get a good night's sleep without worrying the thing will be on all night......

Wishing you luck!

(sorry I couldn't be more help)

3Locked oven door Empty Re: Locked oven door Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:06 am

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

bethk wrote:Imelda ~ I've NOT had that problem but I've found the answer to many questions on 'youtube.com'.  I type in the Brand / Model Number (if you know it) for the stove with something like:

Fridgidare Electric Range oven locked ~ how to unlock?

Many times someone has posted a solution to the same problem.  It's worth a try.

I would think, if nothing else, if it's electric you could have Dirk pull it away from the wall and unplug it so, at the very least, you can get a good night's sleep without worrying the thing will be on all night......

Wishing you luck!

(sorry I couldn't be more help)

Thanks Beth, why did not I think of Youtube, I was ready to find the trouble shooting page, before I told Dirk what happened Shocked so I searched "how to unlock Frigidaire oven door", one of them said to long press the CLEAR until the LOCK sign beep beep, and tada.. it worked, btw, I told Dirk what happened, because I know I might need his help to find the plug, it's not our oven, so I'm not too familiar with it yet, now I can sleep well Smile

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

4Locked oven door Empty Re: Locked oven door Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:43 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Good for you, Imelda! Sometimes when I get frustrated with something my brain just doesn't function. I'm glad you got it unlocked.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum