Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Smarter than me phone.....

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Smarter than me phone..... Empty Smarter than me phone..... Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:57 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I finally broke down and got a smart phone.  DD and GS have been laughing at me all day.  I feel so stupid with it.  I don't get the part about using my thumbs to type.  I want a regular keyboard to text....the guy said they have keyboards for the phones but I would think I'd have to have a really big purse to carry it around in.....sigh....

The thing kept making a whistling sound, didn't know what it was so I ignored it.  Turns out it was text messages DD was sending....just stuff like "hahahahah" or " did you ask for a dumb phone?".  I can't believe I had to  go through 9 hours of labor with her and now she thinks she can laugh at me....ingrate!

2Smarter than me phone..... Empty Re: Smarter than me phone..... Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:42 pm

JanaAZ

The first day I got  my iPhone, I felt like my hands were all twisted.  It didn't matter how I touched the keypad, I was always 1 letter away.  My friends laughed at me, too.

3Smarter than me phone..... Empty Re: Smarter than me phone..... Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:16 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

you are one up on me. I have no use for one.I am sooooooooo old school. My cell rings I open it & say hello. good enough for me.Razz

It takes pics & has video .. I have yet to use either.I HATE to text period! In fact I rarely will.so don't text me.

I think thats another hold out for me why I have not bought a e-reader.the fussing with it ,to make it work. With a book I open the book read it then close it .Finished. No fuss.I am not about to watch a movie on a 7'screen lol.I do not have the least interest in games of any sort.I have NO WIFI.

Smarter than me phone..... 4056093967

4Smarter than me phone..... Empty Re: Smarter than me phone..... Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:47 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Well, I was joking with the man at the Verizon store....said I'd be there daily.  Today my email won't connect again so I guess my joke really wasn't all that funny....

Dane has a "smart phone" for work and said I'd really like it.  After 45 years you'd think he would know me better and wouldn't have pushed me to get one.  Heck, my computer still has an ancient version of XP and I have no desire to change that.  Of course, I'd be really happy if DD would just get it connected again.

5Smarter than me phone..... Empty Re: Smarter than me phone..... Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:52 pm

NormM

NormM

By the time I try out a new technology, it isn't new anymore.  In fact it has probably just become obsolete.  I do have a smart phone but only got it because the screen is big enough for me to see without my glasses.  I am on my son's phone plan and it would cost him extra if I had internet connections outside the house.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

6Smarter than me phone..... Empty Re: Smarter than me phone..... Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:20 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Norm that is me too.
I bought a really nice flip phone from AT & T $250 Shocked:shock:a long time ago. It is frosted white. It has raised buttons & big size # I can  see on the screen.I have some weird ringer my DD put on there but IDC. I can hear it lol.It is big enough for me to hold good & yet small enough to carry around.

the guy at AT &T took really good care of me,he spent a lot of time to show me how it worked.

Plain & simple is what I want..

7Smarter than me phone..... Empty Re: Smarter than me phone..... Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:03 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Same thing for me, Barbara.  I've had what I call my "old lady phone" for about 5 years now.  Yep, it's one of those jitterbug phones -- does nothiing but "phone."  Even has a dial tone and I can actually hear on it, as I can put it in the right place next to my ear.  Yeah, I get a lot of laughs but my bill is just over $17/month.  Plus we have a land line -- my favorite!

8Smarter than me phone..... Empty Re: Smarter than me phone..... Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:49 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Mr. Amazing was the one insisting I get a smart phone.  He said I'd love it.  He told our girls to try to get me to go get one because I'd really like it.

You'd think after almost 45 years he'd know I HATE THE THING.

Oh well, maybe I'll get use to it one of these days.   Sigh......

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]