Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

worst grocery stores.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1worst grocery stores. Empty worst grocery stores. Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:41 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articles/2012/04/13/The-12-Worst-Supermarkets-in-America.aspx#page1

interesting read this morning.

Agree 100% on the Food Lion.  We also have one here that should be on that list Piggly Wiggly.Nasty food store. Then comes BI LO......Nasty...I NEVER NEVER ever buy meat or veggies at Wal Mart.....I very rarely even ever go in there anyway.....

2worst grocery stores. Empty Re: worst grocery stores. Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:10 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

There aren't any on the list around here except a WalMart store....and I do shop there for things like canned goods, food storage/trash bags and cleaning supplies because of the lower price.  You do have to know the price of your favorite items to know for sure WalMart has a lower price, but since I'm going for specific items I know what price to look for.

In The Villages I usually shop at WynnDixie because of their fresh seafood offerings.  Publix has a huge showing in the area but I'm not impressed with their prices or quality at all.  There is a few nice Sweetbay Markets (Hannaford Brands) and I just read wynnDixie has just purchased the stores.  Customer service in all stores I go to is above average, I'm sure.

3worst grocery stores. Empty Re: worst grocery stores. Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:17 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Publix here is so clean you could eat off the floor.The quality is great.The folks who work there are the best I have ever come across in any food store. You have to buy BOGO there.

winn dixie left here yrs ago. BAD BAD..Hannaford was in eastern NC & man It was bad. Must be a area thing.

Harris Teeter is finally coming closer to me. Dec..

I am not about to drive 45 minutes out of my way for TJ/s. Costco is 1hr. I would do that once in awhile.

4worst grocery stores. Empty Re: worst grocery stores. Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:30 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:There aren't any on the list around here except a WalMart store....and I do shop there for things like canned goods, food storage/trash bags and cleaning supplies because of the lower price.  You do have to know the price of your favorite items to know for sure WalMart has a lower price, but since I'm going for specific items I know what price to look for.

In The Villages I usually shop at WynnDixie because of their fresh seafood offerings.  Publix has a huge showing in the area but I'm not impressed with their prices or quality at all.  There is a few nice Sweetbay Markets (Hannaford Brands) and I just read wynnDixie has just purchased the stores.  Customer service in all stores I go to is above average, I'm sure.

Beth... Tina goes to Walmart (we have a super center) and if the cleaning supplies or whatever is a cheaper price at the other stores, she just tells the checker, and she looks it up, and gives her the lower price.
We found their diced tomatoes / paste / and whole tomatoes to be superior in quality. That's the Great Value Brand. Also, we tried the pancake syrup, and found it less sweet than other brands. That's about the only thing she buys there. Bread and rolls are not bad. Someone has to make it for them.
Meats ..NO...a big NO. name Brand deli meats she will buy. I mean... Boars head or Land Of Lakes is what it is.

We tried the beef once. No More! It's all pre packaged in a plant anyway.
The Walmart stores by us went way way down hill. There is never anything on the shelves. The people do not care.

We have Shoprite and Weis. GD is a checker at Weis. Weis did a recent re-model, and it is a lot better. A lot of the foods are from the Pennsylvania sector; like the cookies and bread etc. It is good.

The ShopRite is good, and the busiest with good prices. Just have to watch, and believe me, Tina is a great watch guard with prices and quality. She knows the meats because that was her profession.
She also knows the tricks. They all have tricks.

Then there is A&P store. 1 in the town 4 miles up the hill from here. $$$$$ Way Way Too Expensive

Only good thing to know...is when London Broils are on sale, that is the time to get chopped beef.
They use all the trimmings for ground beef. ( That's if they have a meat dept with butchers making the beef)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum