Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Breakfast (repeat)

+2
Barbara101
bethk
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Breakfast (repeat) - Page 2 Empty Re: Breakfast (repeat) Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:02 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

What a woman...!!!

I cannot swallow those juiced vegetable drinks....

A friend of mine use to try to get me to take a "shot" of juiced wheat grass....so healthy, she told me. Well, one taste and I gagged for an hour (or so it seemed).

27Breakfast (repeat) - Page 2 Empty Re: Breakfast (repeat) Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:37 pm

NormM

NormM

Beth made me hungry for biscuits and gravy so I made it for lunch just now.  Also had some OJ but didn't get it in the shot. 

Breakfast (repeat) - Page 2 DSCN0607_zpsdd4143bb

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

28Breakfast (repeat) - Page 2 Empty Re: Breakfast (repeat) Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:58 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

NormM wrote:Beth made me hungry for biscuits and gravy so I made it for lunch just now.  Also had some OJ but didn't get it in the shot. 

Breakfast (repeat) - Page 2 DSCN0607_zpsdd4143bb

yummy Norm... we haven't had our breakfast yet, only cups of coffee and I was wondering what to make.. now I'm baking my leftover mashed potato, adding some sausage and carrot, drop in muffin tins.. we'll see how it turn out Smile

29Breakfast (repeat) - Page 2 Empty Re: Breakfast (repeat) Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:59 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Hahahahahahaha! I was wondering if my blathering on and on would cause anyone to just have to have a meal of pure comfort food.  I do like to make something like a standard sausage gravy and add something different to see how it changes the taste for me.  

Your brunch looks really good!

30Breakfast (repeat) - Page 2 Empty Re: Breakfast (repeat) Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:17 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

our easy brunch.. baked in muffin tins of leftover mashed potato mixed with browned sausage, frozen finely chopped carrots and green onions 

Breakfast (repeat) - Page 2 <a href=Breakfast (repeat) - Page 2 17" />

31Breakfast (repeat) - Page 2 Empty Re: Breakfast (repeat) Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:53 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Now THAT is one creative dish!

I love the way we all get inspiration from one another....and I'll be stealing...er, borrowing that idea one of these days.  Thanks!

32Breakfast (repeat) - Page 2 Empty Re: Breakfast (repeat) Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:48 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

I agree with Beth, Imelda.  Thos "muffins" look and sound delicious!

33Breakfast (repeat) - Page 2 Empty Re: Breakfast (repeat) Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:31 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

thank you Beth and Crybaby Very Happy 

I made some blueberry jam last week.. my DH loves it.. esp on biscuits.. so I'm going to make some biscuits.. again
Laughing 

Breakfast (repeat) - Page 2 21

34Breakfast (repeat) - Page 2 Empty Re: Breakfast (repeat) Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:55 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Just finished a egg omelet (2 eggs) with diced tomato; cheese; and onions diced.
My Tabasco Sauce, and 3 small white toast with butter, and I was all set.
Poor Tina ran out this morning at 7:15 to do ambulance duty. She had to take her uncle to the hospital because he was in pain when he would breath.
He is an hour away, and he refused to call 911.
#1 They found another Dr gave him too strong of a medication for his age (91). It didn't help.
Providing he comes home, Tina will help out and cook and shop for them while she's there.

Ha Ha Ha .... I told her I'm gonna get a red cross for her car, and a siren and a flashing red light on the roof.

Supper tonight I plan on medium shells with fried onions and kidney beans.

35Breakfast (repeat) - Page 2 Empty Re: Breakfast (repeat) Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:57 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Good stuff, Imelda! And you can use that jam with some nice blueberry scones, too. They are sort of a cross between a biscuit and blueberry shortcake.....breakfast, dessert, snack.

Too much, however, and you end up with blue teeth and blue tongue! LOL (not that I have EVER done that......hahahahahahaha)

36Breakfast (repeat) - Page 2 Empty Re: Breakfast (repeat) Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:59 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Good stuff, Imelda!  And you can use that jam with some nice blueberry scones, too.  They are sort of a cross between a biscuit and blueberry shortcake.....breakfast, dessert, snack.  

Too much, however, and you end up with blue teeth and blue tongue!  LOL  (not that I have EVER done that......hahahahahahaha)

Don't forget Blue Toity Water too!

37Breakfast (repeat) - Page 2 Empty Re: Breakfast (repeat) Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:00 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

LOL, jimmy....I just KNEW you would be having some of those baby shell macaroni as soon as you saw 'em smiling at you from Imelda's picture.

When we were first married and cash was tight I use to make a side dish with those little shells by cooking them in tomato juice instead of water. The tomato juice was "free", always from the annual home canned supply.

38Breakfast (repeat) - Page 2 Empty Re: Breakfast (repeat) Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:33 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:LOL, jimmy....I just KNEW you would be having some of those baby shell macaroni as soon as you saw 'em smiling at you from Imelda's picture.  

When we were first married and cash was tight I use to make a side dish with those little shells by cooking them in tomato juice instead of water.  The tomato juice was "free", always from the annual home canned supply.  

Ooooo! That sounds good. Shellatoes!

39Breakfast (repeat) - Page 2 Empty Re: Breakfast (repeat) Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:57 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

bethk wrote:Good stuff, Imelda!  And you can use that jam with some nice blueberry scones, too.  They are sort of a cross between a biscuit and blueberry shortcake.....breakfast, dessert, snack.  

Too much, however, and you end up with blue teeth and blue tongue!  LOL  (not that I have EVER done that......hahahahahahaha)

great minds think alike Beth.. I was just thinking to make some scones instead of biscuits.. I know I have seen the recipes, but no idea where... Question Idea

40Breakfast (repeat) - Page 2 Empty Re: Breakfast (repeat) Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:02 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:

great minds think alike Beth.. I was just thinking to make some scones instead of biscuits.. I know I have seen the recipes, but no idea where... Question Idea

Tina has a great scone recipe... if I can find it, and she puts whatever you like fruits in the batter.

Last edited by UNCLE JIMMY on Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

41Breakfast (repeat) - Page 2 Empty Re: Breakfast (repeat) Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:04 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

me too. I have loads of scone recipes.I will have to hunt them up.

42Breakfast (repeat) - Page 2 Empty Re: Breakfast (repeat) Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:10 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I posted a recipe on the c.com site, complete with pics.....

But I don't have access to my recipes right now.  But the main thing was to roll the dough into a rectangle and then spread a layer of blueberries down the middle and fold 1/3 of the dough on top of them, then another layer of blueberries and fold the other 1/3 of the dough to cover.  It kept the berries from smashing and coloring all the dough.  I'm pretty sure I put some lemon zest in it as well...or topped with a lemon glaze....

You end up with a rather narrow strip of dough that then got cut into triangles, sprinkled with sugar
and baked off.  

Or, you could make a sweet biscuit dough, add the blueberries and bake them in mini muffin tins...easier than rolling and shaping.  The lemon glaze is really good on them.  It's just powdered sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice....add water if too thick.  You can even dip the whole little blueberry muffins in the glaze and let them dry on a rack.  

Darn, now I'M hungry for them and I don't have any blueberries OR lemons in the house!

43Breakfast (repeat) - Page 2 Empty Re: Breakfast (repeat) Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:36 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I posted a recipe on the c.com site, complete with pics.....

But I don't have access to my recipes right now.  But the main thing was to roll the dough into a rectangle and then spread a layer of blueberries down the middle and fold 1/3 of the dough on top of them, then another layer of blueberries and fold the other 1/3 of the dough to cover.  It kept the berries from smashing and coloring all the dough.  I'm pretty sure I put some lemon zest in it as well...or topped with a lemon glaze....

You end up with a rather narrow strip of dough that then got cut into triangles, sprinkled with sugar
and baked off.  

Or, you could make a sweet biscuit dough, add the blueberries and bake them in mini muffin tins...easier than rolling and shaping.  The lemon glaze is really good on them.  It's just powdered sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice....add water if too thick.  You can even dip the whole little blueberry muffins in the glaze and let them dry on a rack.  

Darn, now I'M hungry for them and I don't have any blueberries OR lemons in the house!

Get your pail, and go pick some! Then run down to FL to get the lemons.

44Breakfast (repeat) - Page 2 Empty Re: Breakfast (repeat) Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:04 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

You don't know how tempted I am to sneak off to the airport and getting back there......

45Breakfast (repeat) - Page 2 Empty Re: Breakfast (repeat) Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:18 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I can't wait to share this with you all.. I made my blueberry jam scones, using Martha Stewart's recipe, following Beth's suggestion to spread the jam and fold the dough, then following my neighbor's suggestion ( we talked about it on our morning walk this morning) to bake the whole piece and cut it after it baked.. it turns out just perfect.. my DH said: it's good with his blue lips lol! 

oh I substituted heavy cream with plain yogurt (I did not have and rarely buy heavy cream)

we just ate it for our brunch, we are late risers ( well.. I went back to sleep after my walk
Sleep   

Breakfast (repeat) - Page 2 31

Breakfast (repeat) - Page 2 32

46Breakfast (repeat) - Page 2 Empty Re: Breakfast (repeat) Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:27 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:I can't wait to share this with you all.. I made my blueberry jam scones, using Martha Stewart's recipe, following Beth's suggestion to spread the jam and fold the dough, then following my neighbor's suggestion ( we talked about it on our morning walk this morning) to bake the whole piece and cut it after it baked.. it turns out just perfect.. my DH said: it's good with his blue lips lol! 

oh I substituted heavy cream with plain yogurt (I did not have and rarely buy heavy cream)

we just ate it for our brunch, we are late risers ( well.. I went back to sleep after my walk
Sleep   

Breakfast (repeat) - Page 2 31

Breakfast (repeat) - Page 2 32

Nice job Imelda... My lips are blue just looking.

47Breakfast (repeat) - Page 2 Empty Re: Breakfast (repeat) Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:40 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

AMAZING, IMELDA....Absolutely delicious looking!

How fun is it to imagine a dish in your head and then make it? Congratulations on a yummy success.

48Breakfast (repeat) - Page 2 Empty Re: Breakfast (repeat) Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:38 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Guess what I made for supper.
A roasted turkey breast on the grill. Yep! Uncle Jimmy made Turkey.

Rice / string beans / stuffing / broccoli / gravy.

Son Jim and DIL came down to have it. Tina missed out. She's staying by the hospital at her aunts whilst her uncle is in there with pneumonia.
They call her, the angel of mercy.

No pics today. (tears) It was like a feeding pit for hyena's.
They scoffed it all down. Great!

All cleaned up, and I am taking it easy.

49Breakfast (repeat) - Page 2 Empty Re: Breakfast (repeat) Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:59 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Well, good for Jimmy!

I'll bet the kids appreciated Thanksgiving in July....a true classic meal cooked in an unconvential manner.

50Breakfast (repeat) - Page 2 Empty Re: Breakfast (repeat) Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:24 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Well, good for Jimmy!

I'll bet the kids appreciated Thanksgiving in July....a true classic meal cooked in an unconvential manner.

I was going to put out turkey thanksgiving napkins, but I couldn't find them.
I did use the turkey platter.
Poor Tina was wishing for it, but she is not home for a few days.
I may grab a whole turkey we have in the freezer, and cut it in half shhhhh with the electric reciprocating sawzall with a new sterilized 10 inch blade, and cook it for her.
She certainly is so deserving of that, and that's the least I could do for her.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum