Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Breakfast (repeat)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51 Re: Breakfast (repeat) on Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:05 pm

bethk

Admin
Now that would be a nice thing to do for her. It would be thawed out by the time she gets home...maybe you could really hack the frozen bird up into pieces. If you saved the breast to cook for her then you could grill the dark meat and bones and have a big old pot of turkey soup stock for her.

At least it would give you something to occupy your time while she's away.

Hey, what about making a turkey pot pie for her. I mean, there's a lot of meat on a whole turkey, especially if you're not having 20 people over for dinner....and the sawsall is a perfect way to make quick work of a frozen bird.

52 Re: Breakfast (repeat) on Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:15 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Now that would be a nice thing to do for her.  It would be thawed out by the time she gets home...maybe you could really hack the frozen bird up into pieces.  If you saved the breast to cook for her then you could grill the dark meat and bones and have a big old pot of turkey soup stock for her.  

At least it would give you something to occupy your time while she's away.  

Hey, what about making a turkey pot pie for her.  I mean, there's a lot of meat on a whole turkey, especially if you're not having 20 people over for dinner....and the sawsall is a perfect way to make quick work of a frozen bird.

Wait aaaa minute.
First of all...how the heck did I get over here on this breakfast thread???
Wow, I'm really losing it lately.
It's like getting dressd for church, driving the wrong way on a one way street; and finding out it's Monday but finding myself banging on the doors of the place of worship, and later finding out I was at a synagogue, and I'm a Christian. hahahahahahaha

53 Re: Breakfast (repeat) on Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:16 am

bethk

Admin
That's OK, Jimmy....Didn't God forgive you for dropping your Dillard's bill in the collection plate instead of your weekly contribution envelope?

Where ever you post is fine....we know where you meant to be and it doesn't bother us.

Oh, and if you're looking for the car keys, check in the freezer......LOL

54 Re: Breakfast (repeat) on Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:01 am

Barbara101

Oh, and if you're looking for the car keys, check in the freezer......LOL

Or the front door.Embarassed 

55 Re: Breakfast (repeat) on Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:01 pm

Imelda HL

Barbara101 wrote:Oh, and if you're looking for the car keys, check in the freezer......LOL

Or the front door.Embarassed 

or in the laundry machine

I just got back from Walmart with my neighbor, we did a quick shopping there.. I got 10 large pink grapefruits 5 for $1.. it's a price matching with Food City, we don't have FC in our town, but we can get their price at Walmart because of their price match policy and to tell the true, Walmart's produces are much better quality than FC.. so happy me    
lol!

wrong room.. but it's okay, right Embarassed 

56 Re: Breakfast (repeat) on Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:11 pm

bethk

Admin
Gee, what a forgetful bunch we are ! LOL

57 Re: Breakfast (repeat) on Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:11 am

Barbara101

looks bad but I call it my clean out the veggie drawer omelet.

58 Re: Breakfast (repeat) on Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:30 am

bethk

Admin
I don't know....I think (sans cheese slice) I could manage to choke that down if you made it for me.

59 Re: Breakfast (repeat) on Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:42 am

Barbara101

lol! 

60 Re: Breakfast (repeat) on Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:39 am

Barbara101

Leftover juicy steak & scrambled eggs.

61 Re: Breakfast (repeat) on Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:49 am

bethk

Admin
That looks wonderful, Barb!

Did you reheat the steak in the microwave? Sometimes it's really difficult to reheat meats without them turning tough and grey....

62 Re: Breakfast (repeat) on Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:06 am

Barbara101

no. I took that monster off my counter & put it away.

I just warmed it up in the toaster oven.

63 Re: Breakfast (repeat) on Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:42 am

bethk

Admin
How come when I do that MINE comes out overcooked, grey and tough, not to mention, tasteless??

64 Re: Breakfast (repeat) on Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:44 am

Barbara101

well for one thing, I did not put it in the fridge so it was room temp & it really was rare.lol

65 Re: Breakfast (repeat) on Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:13 pm

Imelda HL

today's breakfast looks so good Barbara

66 Re: Breakfast (repeat) on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:41 am

Barbara101

clearly not my breakfast Mad Wink 

67 Re: Breakfast (repeat) on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:52 am

bethk

Admin
Didn't we discuss how 10 yr. old boys are ALWAYS hungry?

He may never want to go home....anything he wants, Grandma cooks for him and no big brothers to bug him.

68 Re: Breakfast (repeat) on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:55 am

Barbara101

True that Razz I find I only buy certain food items with them in mind. well the 2 older ones have GF's so they are not here as much to eat. Good thing for me.bounce 

69 Re: Breakfast (repeat) on Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:53 am

Barbara101

last of my homemade sugar free blueberry jam. The sour dough bread I should not have had.silent  It really was not the real San Fran thing anyway.I will not buy any more that is for sure.I will not waste my daily carb count on that kind of thing anymore.

70 Re: Breakfast (repeat) on Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:14 am

bethk

Admin
Well, it may have been a waste of today's carbs but it looks like a breakfast I would have stolen from your table as you got up to get a second cup of coffee....

I think today is a good day for Jake to practice making his own breakfast...and I'm going to make mine just like yours. I'm going to have homemade peach jam instead.

71 Re: Breakfast (repeat) on Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:19 am

Barbara101

if I could get peaches really really cheap,I would make SF peach jam..As of right now they are $2.lb.

I can take the pic outside but can not sit to eat. 80` at 7am.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum