Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Easter 2018 ... Anything Cooking ?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Easter 2018 ... Anything Cooking ?  Empty Easter 2018 ... Anything Cooking ? Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:35 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Easter Dinner for us, will be...

Lasagna for starters.
Smoked Ham on the Bone.
Turkey Breast.
A Leg of Lamb... Bah ah ah ah ah .
Kielbasi / fresh / smoked /
Sweet potatoes.
Mashed Potatoes.
Fried Mushrooms and onions.
Stuffing ........Gravy ....and Jelled Cranberry sauce...
Corn/ Beans/ Asparagus/ carrots/..
Rolls .... Homemade sweet bread. ( Tina Creation )

Assorted bakery desserts / rice pudding / carrot cake / cheese cake.
Pressed cookies DD made.

Looking to have 10 / 12? adults + the Baby.

2Easter 2018 ... Anything Cooking ?  Empty Re: Easter 2018 ... Anything Cooking ? Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:26 pm

Niagara Visitor

WOW!  That is a lot of food.  I am making a lamb roast, chicken breast for the non lamb eaters. mashed potatoes, peas, an asparagus gratin, some other veggies, ice cream for dessert. No fancy dessert, my guests just want ice cream.

3Easter 2018 ... Anything Cooking ?  Empty Re: Easter 2018 ... Anything Cooking ? Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:34 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We colored / decorated eggs with the baby. He got a little excited and started to throw the eggs in the dye cups.  His grandma Sherrie finished them.
We had take out  pizza from Franks, and hard boiled eggs. We have plenty.

Easter 2018 ... Anything Cooking ?  Img_4110

Last edited by UNCLE JIMMY on Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add pic)

4Easter 2018 ... Anything Cooking ?  Empty Re: Easter 2018 ... Anything Cooking ? Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:11 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I picked up a little ham at Costco yesterday. I think Easter Dinner will be ham, scalloped potatoes & green peas.

Easy Peasy.....

5Easter 2018 ... Anything Cooking ?  Empty Re: Easter 2018 ... Anything Cooking ? Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:50 pm

JanaAZ

were having dinner with some friends. i'm bringing the desserts. I had their 3 kids over to decorate our traditional lamb cake I'd love to post a photo...but I never seem to be able to do it here.

6Easter 2018 ... Anything Cooking ?  Empty Re: Easter 2018 ... Anything Cooking ? Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:39 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

Got a small ham, with mashed potatoes, spiraled carrots and beet horseradish!!
yum.. hit the spot..

7Easter 2018 ... Anything Cooking ?  Empty Re: Easter 2018 ... Anything Cooking ? Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:42 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Judy, it took me a long time, until Norm posted instructions......

If you have the photo in a file on your computer, click on the icon above that is "Host an image", click on the green "+ Select File",  double click on your photo, the "send all" icon and then "Insert image".

Once you get the hang of it, it's not hard at all.

I had been posting from my Photobucket account and then 'THEY' removed ALL MY PHOTOS.....SAID I DIDN'T HAVE PERMISSION TO DO 3RD PARTY POSTING.......Boy was I bummed ~ all the photos I had inserted instantly were removed.

But now I post them directly from my computer file and they show up just like magic~!

8Easter 2018 ... Anything Cooking ?  Empty Re: Easter 2018 ... Anything Cooking ? Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:44 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Easter for two isn't nearly as much fun as Easter for 12........

I've got a casserole of scalloped potatoes in the oven with some ham slices on top. Asparagus ready to go into the microwave to be steamed for 3 minutes.

"Salad" is a lettuce leaf with a couple slices of home-grown tomatoes from our patio pots.

9Easter 2018 ... Anything Cooking ?  Empty Re: Easter 2018 ... Anything Cooking ? Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:33 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Easter supper was really tasty!

Easter 2018 ... Anything Cooking ?  04_01_10

10Easter 2018 ... Anything Cooking ?  Empty Re: Easter 2018 ... Anything Cooking ? Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:05 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Phew!.... It's all over. God bless DD. She really helped out. DIL did also, but she isn't familiar with where stuff is in our house. DD knows where the nooks and cranny's are to stash stuff; like the serving platters, and food items; etc.

All went well, and no pics were taken. My efforts ( with no mention ) were limited to prepping, cleaning, and readiness for cooking.

Now we await the April 2 Snow storm. They say 2 to 4 Inches, and possibly 6 inches in our north west sector. It won't last long though!

We are thrilled to see that.

11Easter 2018 ... Anything Cooking ?  Empty Re: Easter 2018 ... Anything Cooking ? Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:55 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I forgot to post these Pizzagaine Pies I made.

Easter 2018 ... Anything Cooking ?  Img_0827

Easter 2018 ... Anything Cooking ?  Img_0828

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum