Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Harvesting snow peas.....

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Harvesting snow peas..... Empty Harvesting snow peas..... Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:32 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm making an old family favorite for daughter Andrea tonight.....

Cauliflower Pea Salad with Bacon.

Tori and I just got done putting it together so it can sit in the refrigerator until supper. She loved making the 'layers' and it's in a clear glass bowl so you can see the different colors.

When we got just about done Dane said we really should put some snow peas in the salad.....I didn't realize we had any peas ready for picking. I just knew there were tons of flowers. But he brought in about 10 or 12 little peas so they will be used as 'garnish' on our salad.

It's fun to grow just a little something in a pot. It's not at all like the work of a huge garden that we use to grow and have to tend.

If you look on the left side / middle you will see a couple pea pods hanging. We planted the peas on February 9th and got our first harvest today, April 3rd.

Harvesting snow peas..... IMG_20170403_132755616

2Harvesting snow peas..... Empty Re: Harvesting snow peas..... Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:50 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

bethk wrote:It's fun to grow just a little something in a pot.  It's not at all like the work of a huge garden that we use to grow and have to tend.

If you look on the left side / middle you will see a couple pea pods hanging.  We planted the peas on February 9th and got our first harvest today, April 3rd.

Harvesting snow peas..... IMG_20170403_132755616

I can only imagine how much work your big garden was, Beth. Since my back problems, which seem to be getting worse rather than better lately, I miss the ability to work in even the small garden we do have. Brian has really taken over most things that need to be done. He has really enjoyed gardening since shortly before he retired, but I know it would be more fun for him if I was able to help him more than I do. My IV medication prevents me from being in the sun for very long -- even if I'm covered up (and I always was a big sun screen user even though my skin is not fair in the slightest), I still have to tote the pump containing the cassette full of medicine tethered to my left arm and it's not supposed to get very hot. Though it's not something I'd choose, I'd gladly stay out of the sun but my relentless back pain is the thing that keeps me from doing what I used to do...

3Harvesting snow peas..... Empty Re: Harvesting snow peas..... Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:43 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm so sorry you don't get to play in the garden.

If you were closer to me you could sit in the shade and watch me 'toil' in the sun as I harvested my crops!

Last night we had the first of the tomatoes.....with lots more getting red & ripe every day. Finally have a tomato plant that produces fruit that tastes like a tomato! Yea!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum