Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Freezer Storage

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Freezer Storage Empty Freezer Storage Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:08 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

I am looking for some new containers for freezing food that will maximize my storage space. Right now I have a mish mash of various size and shapes. They tend to fall over when I am looking for something, usually out onto my foot. I am thinking about using all square with various heights. I actually prefer screw lids because they are easier to get off when they are frozen. Trying to pull up a corner of a square lid that has been frozen hurts but square seems to make most of my freezer space. What do you use? I am looking for containers that hold liquid type foods.

2Freezer Storage Empty Re: Freezer Storage Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:11 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I use the round deli-type containers....mainly because they are super cheap when purchased at Gordon's Food Service stores. You get 50 in a pack and they're in the $2 -$3 range. Plus, the tops fit all 3 sizes I use.

3Freezer Storage Empty Re: Freezer Storage Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:56 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

i do not freeze to much liquid stuff.I have some buttermilk in those coffee creamer bottles that I save.I have some red sauce in jars.Other then that I use zip lock bags.Oh I have chicken broth in plastic ice cream and/or those lunchmeat plastic containers.

4Freezer Storage Empty Re: Freezer Storage Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:18 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I have some things I keep on a permanent basis such as lemon juice, pesto, buttermilk and pizza sauce. I have been using those cheap Ziplock screw-top portables but they leave a lot of wasted space. Maybe the square cheapies. What I don't like are lids that are almost impossible to remove once they are frozen. I am not too concerned about microwave use because I usually don't use them for reheating food. I saw Rubbermaid Premier with soft rubber tops that look like they are not slippery when stacked. I am going to check those out at Target today. I saw some nice Tupperware Freeze-it containers but I thought they were too expensive and if you have ever ordered anything from Tupperware, whether it is from the company or a rep, it takes a minimum of two weeks to get the items.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum