Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

April. Whats for dinner????

+4
Imelda HL
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
Barbara101
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 14]

201April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 9 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:17 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I can remember getting dressed in good clothes, stockings, heels, etc. TO GET ON AN AIRPLANE TO TRAVEL SOMEWHERE.

The meals, the cocktails, the COCKTAIL LOUNGE!, the little ashtray with the flip-top lid in the arm rest.

I can remember flying from SanFrancisco to Honolulu to meet Dane for 'R & R' (rest & recooperation) when he was stationed in Viet Nam. Man, I was dressed to kill....and for what? His transport flight got in a day later than I did.

202April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 9 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:51 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I dress for comfort. Period.

203April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 9 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:10 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 9 10487220_1574915519434119_7376083289022327320_n

super fast great easy dinner. grilled filet. herb butter. asparagus.

204April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 9 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:48 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 9 10487220_1574915519434119_7376083289022327320_n

super fast great easy dinner. grilled filet. herb butter. asparagus.

Mighty good looking Beth. No Bread?
No Spuds?

205April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 9 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:50 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Stuffed Peppers tonight. Bland ( not enough salt on the peppers ) Tina made them.

I have no room to complain sitting around like a lump on a log!

Tina just came home from the errands she had to run, and brought us a Little Caesars deep dish bacon crusted pizza. I just wolfed one slice down.
It's not bad. She got pepperoni on it too.

206April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 9 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:25 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

yet again, no dinner at my house. I had a peanut butter & jelly sandwich. He's only interested in a bit of soup.

If he doesn't perk up in a day or two I'll have to go to the VA Clinic and insist on an appt. This is ridiculous....no symptoms other than 'I don't feel good'.....

207April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 9 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:19 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

That is not good Beth. Make him go. Sounds like depression to me.

208April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 9 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:37 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

"I don't feel good" is not a good enough answer for me. I am a harpy when it comes to things like that. I ask "What doesn't feel good?", "Your stomach?" "What?" and so on. Then I decide how serious the complaint is and proceed from there.

209April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 9 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:13 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Maybe he has a UTI ? Or Prostate swelling / pain....or Hemorrhoids giving him a problem?

I had a UTI with pain for like a week, and then when it started really burning when it got to the point where I burned so bad, THEN I told Tina.... "Do we have any Cranberry Juice?"..... BINGO....right there, she knew something was burning, and she called the DR. A few day's on Cipro and I was all good to go!

210April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 9 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:46 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

Yes, Beth. I have to agree that he needs to be seen by a doctor....'not feeling well' is so wide...he needs to be more specific....going on too long..
Keep us updated...

211April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 9 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:52 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Things are turning around....go figure. I swear. He just does crap like this to see if he can get me to die from worry.

Old Fart.

Men!

I decided I was going to let it go one more day and then I was going to start throwin' 'chit' on the fan. So, I went to get a hair cut this morning and then went out gadding around with a couple ladies from the neighborhood. I heated up soup for him for lunch and he did eat without any complaining.

So when I got home at 4:30 I asked if he wanted some supper, expecting him to say he'd have a bit more soup. Then I noticed he had showered & shaved.....must have done that when I was out. He wanted McD for supper ~ a plain quarter pounder w/cheese meal. Ewwwww. I hope he chokes.

Jerk.

I had an ear of corn (we have fresh in the stores right now....sooo good) and a bowl of salad.

and there he sits, in the Laz-E-Boy, watching some dumb Texas/Mexican war movie.

I just want to poke his eyes out! JUST KIDDING!!!!!

212April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 9 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:10 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

My DH had a lithoptripsy and a stent put in last Friday. He also caught a cold from that surgi-center. So, I had to go and buy throat spray, nose spray, Kleenex, Zicam. Sixty dollars later I am now lucky enough to have to sit with him while watching TV and listen to him snort. When he gets a cold he constantly snorts through his nose. Trying to keep his nose and throat clear. It is revolting and so annoying to have to listen to it. Now I have to dose myself with Zicam in hopes I don't catch the wretched thing because I always, always get it worse than he ever had it.

213April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 9 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:04 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 9 11150245_431463553693301_6119877770468924653_n

214April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 9 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:11 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Now THAT looks good.

I wonder if I have a marinated London Broil in the freezer....hmmmm. Gotta check that out. Soon.

215April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 9 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:16 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Ha I did not have any lettuce or sour cream.I made 2 so I was good.

216April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 9 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:45 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I pressed out burgers except Tina's. She complains I don't press them out right. So she pressed her own. I like my burgers pressed with the spatula too, and she frowns on that. Sometimes I press them for spite. It's a Man Thing!!!

We had cheese burgers ( we all ate the same thing for a change ) and tater tots.

Then Tina and I had Florida Corn on the cob which was great and sweet tasting. Gabe is too lazy to hold the cob and peck out the kernels of corn.
Peanut butter Cupcakes for me for dessert. Gabe had jello, and Tina had nothing.

217April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 9 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:06 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

my email says I have 2 private messages????

218April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 9 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:00 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

while it is somewhat cool out , I think I will grill some ribs. April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 9 512660330

219April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 9 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:29 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

The dinner wheal goes round and round; where it stops, nobody knows.

Maybe a hoagie with ham / cheese / and salami

The sciatic feels better, but the ankle and instep aches like a throbbing toothache.
I may just take 1/2 a pain killer, and elevate the leg (s) in the recliner.

Tina made anisette toast biscotti, and some vanilla. Ummm!

220April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 9 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:36 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Last night we had chicken parmesan. I didn't care for the brand of crushed tomatoes: Hunts. Usually no problem but this time I found it sour. Got to try another brand next time. We have two breaded cutlets leftover so I am going to cut them into slices and make a copycat Carl's Jr. chicken sandwich with Swiss cheese, ranch dressing, bacon, lettuce, tomato on a potato roll.

221April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 9 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:42 pm

NormM

NormM

I just dropped Charlie and Cassie off at the airport. They are going to be in New York for the next 5 or 6 days visiting her brother who she just met for the first time last year. I told them I'd probably have steak and lobster after they left. Now that I am here alone, I think I will. I just taught myself to send a picture from my phone to my email so I'm off to Red Lobster in an hour or so. Smile

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

222April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 9 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:44 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had a late lunch with a friend, out putzin' around lookin' at this 'n that.....

I'm not hungry for supper at all. I think Dane's getting a bowl of soup. He hasn't moved far all day so I don't think it will matter to him at all.

223April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 9 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:56 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

well my DS just text me and said him and a gal friend are driving down for the week end.OMG. affraid affraid April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 9 1450907917 April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 9 2855670339 April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 9 2855670339 April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 9 652761166

This house is a wreck from one end to the other. I need to vacuum.The carpet needs cleaned .The cat box.The dogs bathroom. Laundry piled up ,clean and folded but needs to be put away. I started to clean up my closet and have stacks of shoes to toss clothes to toss nothing but a huge mess. Dogs have grooming app tomorrow. I have no meals planned.I have no food fixed for company.oh and I started to clean that nightmare under the kitchen sink,i have crap piled all over the kitchen.Shit fire why now?????  this stress's me so much I want to lay down and take a nap..

224April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 9 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:45 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barb, they won't care.

Maybe he'll think you need to be taken care of and he'll insist you move closer to him.....

Now THAT'S a plan!!

Just enjoy them. Stop stressin'.

225April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 9 Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:59 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:well my DS just text me and said him and a gal friend are driving down for the week end.OMG. affraid affraid April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 9 1450907917 April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 9 2855670339 April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 9 2855670339 April. Whats for dinner???? - Page 9 652761166

This house is a wreck from one end to the other. I need to vacuum.The carpet needs cleaned .The cat box.The dogs bathroom. Laundry piled up ,clean and folded but needs to be put away. I started to clean up my closet and have stacks of shoes to toss clothes to toss nothing but a huge mess. Dogs have grooming app tomorrow. I have no meals planned.I have no food fixed for company.oh and I started to clean that nightmare under the kitchen sink,i have crap piled all over the kitchen.Shit fire why now?????  this stress's me so much I want to lay down and take a nap..

Call Mary Maids....for 200 bucks, they will do a quickie cleaning.
.......or.... Plan a section at a time. Stuff all the sh!t wherever it will fit.
and clean up like my mom used to say, " Just clean where the priest walks!"LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum