Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trading in my old car today.

+2
bethk
NormM
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Trading in my old car today. Empty Trading in my old car today. Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:32 pm

NormM

NormM

Buying a car today.  Loan has been approved, closing in a couple hours.  I am trading in a 1995 Lincoln Continental for a 2004 Ford Mustang.  I figured it was about time to trade it in, before the value was roughly equal to the amount of gas I had in the tank.

I was looking at Fords and Lincolns and my son said Fords had a lot of complaints and I shouldn't get one. He has always been biased against Fords and I have always liked them  He gave me a list of cars that had good ratings so I told him I was going to get a Mitsubishi Accord- a small sport car.  He wasn't crazy about that idea and he was driving my crazy too.  I think he secretly didn't want me to get a car that he wanted to get but didn't because he was getting married.  He then said that Mustangs had good ratings, the best ratings of any Ford and even said one he saw on line would be cool.  I am going to get it before he gets home so he can't come up with any more reasons for waiting.  My Lincoln will have a dead battery if it sits a day without starting and the mechanics have had it three times and not fixed it. Yesterday it wouldn't start without a jump and then died when I was miles away from home. It started up again right away but seemed like it was about to die again for a couple of seconds.  I am tired of having to be sure to drive it 10 or 20 miles everyday just to keep the battery charged.  I will post a picture of the new car later.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

2Trading in my old car today. Empty Re: Trading in my old car today. Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:54 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

We always had great luck with Fords.

Dad use to say a Ford was 'Fix Or Repair Daily'....but then, Dad couldn't keep a mule running....LOL

My favorite was my Ford Thunderbird ~ until the second head gasket blew. It was unfortunate because I loved that car. We were forced to get a new car when it died and ended up with a Taurus....what a lousy looker of a car, but it ran forever with nothing but an oil change on schedule and brakes at 65k. Oh, and I think we had to buy a new battery once in the 12 years we owned it.

3Trading in my old car today. Empty Re: Trading in my old car today. Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:48 pm

NormM

NormM

"Fix or repair daily" or "Found On the Road: Dead". I've had a Model A, a Thunderbird, an Explorer, a Bronco II, and two Lincoln's. Now a Mustang.

4Trading in my old car today. Empty Re: Trading in my old car today. Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:51 pm

NormM

NormM

Here it is.

Trading in my old car today. DSCN2255_zpsaaigwngf

5Trading in my old car today. Empty Re: Trading in my old car today. Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:24 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Ohhh, very pretty......er, I mean HANDSOME.

6Trading in my old car today. Empty Re: Trading in my old car today. Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:22 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Nice. A real chick magnet Trading in my old car today. 3267860543

7Trading in my old car today. Empty Re: Trading in my old car today. Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:50 am

NormM

NormM

That's what someone said about the Continental 15 years ago. It didn't work.

8Trading in my old car today. Empty Re: Trading in my old car today. Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:20 pm

JanaAZ

Beautiful. My first car was a 1967 mustang. I will always have a soft spot for mustangs.

9Trading in my old car today. Empty Re: Trading in my old car today. Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:03 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yeah, I had a '65 that I loved, too. Those bucket seats ALWAYS seemed to fit 'you-know-what' like a glove. Dane kept promising to restore it, yada, yada, yada. I would complain about things going wrong.....like the terrible banging noise in the trunk. PLEASE, just see what it is and tighten it down.

He finally checked it out ~ the frame had rusted through and he said I had to stop driving it because he wasn't going to fix it.

10Trading in my old car today. Empty Re: Trading in my old car today. Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:01 pm

NormM

NormM

My first new car was a VW. It cost $1800. it was supposed to be hail damaged but I never saw where. I got a $50 moon roof for free because of it. A new Mustang cost $1850. I thought since i just graduated from college, I'd better be more conservative. I guess i am making up for the loss now.

11Trading in my old car today. Empty Re: Trading in my old car today. Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:49 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

My first car was a used VW. I drove it into the ground. It had no air conditioning and no radio. No carpet and vinyl seats. I felt lucky to have it.
My DH just just bought a used Chevy Malibu since his Kia died. That car took so much abuse in his commutes that it looked like wreck when it finally bit the dust. Its paint was peeling and it was really dented from when a wooden pallet flew off a truck and hit him.
The Malibu feels like a luxury car in comparison.
We have owned so many cars in our lifetime. Everything from XKE convertibles (4), Sunbeam Tigers, Porsches, BMWs, VWs. I think the strangest thing I ever had was a VW THING. Horrible car to drive!
Back in the 70's we had a moped which my DH drove back and forth to work except when it rained. He loved it.

12Trading in my old car today. Empty Re: Trading in my old car today. Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:19 pm

NormM

NormM

Cassie got a new(er) car on Valentines Day. Now we all have different cars than the one's we came to KC with, except the pick-up truck is still with us. it is a reliable back-up when all of our other cars started breaking down. She got a Honda SUV. I had the biggest car, now I have the smallest one. I had the oldest car, I still have the oldest one.

13Trading in my old car today. Empty Re: Trading in my old car today. Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:31 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

well....you ARE the oldest one in the house.....

LOL

(but you have the coolest car in the driveway, by far!)

14Trading in my old car today. Empty Re: Trading in my old car today. Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:36 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Ford surely has come a long way in manufacturing reliable and good sound vehicles.
The Mustang is a looker for sure Norm. lots of luck with it, and God bless You!

Now alls you need is the pair of fuzzy dice hanging on the Rear View Mirror with one of those cardboard christmas tree scent car refreshers. LOL.... Have a racing stripe applied on the sides and on the hood, and you'll be all set to go cruising around KC. and stopping for eats at the local car hop!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum