Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

This isn't happening, is it??

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1This isn't happening, is it?? Empty This isn't happening, is it?? Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:50 pm

JanaAZ

We often have a Christmas party and we decided to have one this year in our new location. Usually there are about 150 people, but since most of my friends are in Phoenix (1 1/2 -2 hours away), our list is down to about 65 people. I've been working on the food for weeks, and my hubby has been working on the train and village since October.

When we were in LA he started to feel a little crappy, but yesterday, he was downright sick. No doctor will take new patients immediately so we had to make a dr appt in Phoenix (with a 3 hour round trip drive) later today.

What's worse is that I've already made all the sweets, many of the savory items and purchased a lot of perishable food and today was supposed to be one of my big cooking days to boot. So, if he doesn't feel better by Saturday, I'm going to have to cancel the party. Not sure what I'm going to do with this stuff. Since I've lost my weight, I don't want to eat it, and I'm out of freezer room.

I can always give away the cookies and candy and in fact I am already preparing to mail some of it to the grands and a few nephews, but I don't think I can possibly mail out all I've baked.

So, please, keep your fingers crossed that he feels better for Saturday or I'll be making a lot of last minute calls to cancel this thing :-(

2This isn't happening, is it?? Empty Re: This isn't happening, is it?? Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:16 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Oh NO..Hope he is ok..You could IDK take it to a food bank.?? I give so much to my neighbor.not becuz she can not buy food,I just do not eat what I bake. well maybe a small bit lol.

Good Luck..

3This isn't happening, is it?? Empty Re: This isn't happening, is it?? Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:54 pm

JanaAZ

Food banks can't distribute food made in a home. Some of my neighbors will definitely get some stuff, but I have about 15 different types of appetizers and about 18 different types of sweets, including turtles, truffles, and a boatload of different cookies.

I can freeze some, but I will definitely have to deal with it. I just bought 2 lbs of turkey breast sliced to make turkey roll-ups so stuff like that doesn't freeze well. Oh well, I will figure out something. We're driving down to Phoenix in a few minutes to see our doctor so hopefully she'll give some good drugs to fix him up.

4This isn't happening, is it?? Empty Re: This isn't happening, is it?? Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:29 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Got my fingers & toes crossed for you!

Sure hope he's just got a 24 hour 'something'......poor guy. Bet he feels awful knowing what's at stake.

5This isn't happening, is it?? Empty Re: This isn't happening, is it?? Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:50 am

NormM

NormM

Hope it all works out and you have your party. Charlie was home sick yesterday but went to work today. I don't think he is all better though. I decided to switch doctors so called one yesterday and got an appointment for Tue. I was surprised that I got in so soon.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum