Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

anyone have BCBS?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1anyone have BCBS? Empty anyone have BCBS? Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:42 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I need to get other insurance besides medicare..

Went online to look around & it goes way over my head. Suspect Suspect Suspect

2anyone have BCBS? Empty Re: anyone have BCBS? Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:16 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

talk to an insurance agent.

Fortunately, our investment guy is also an insurance agent and understands the gobbly-gook that we don't get. Dane has his Medicare and his primary care is the VA. So he doesn't have to have a supplimental.

our guy is suggesting (at this time) a Humana supplimental that will cover the 20% like my regular insurance does now. I don't turn 65 until next July.....

But he did say to definately get the prescription ryder, or whatever it's called. If you don't get it from the get go and then need prescription coverage you will be penalized for not having it from the time you go on Medicare.

3anyone have BCBS? Empty Re: anyone have BCBS? Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:54 pm

NormM

NormM

I had Humana for a few years but the rate kept going up and I finally changed to United Health Care (AARP) when Humana said next year was going to be almost a hundred a month.  AARP was free for the first year and will be $39. a month next year.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

4anyone have BCBS? Empty Re: anyone have BCBS? Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:14 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

Brian has had Humana for almost a year and a half and is pleased with it.

I still have a private pay BCBS policy which costs me an arm and a leg monthly. Thank God I could keep this policy as it's a high deductible policy but then once the deductible is made, 100% of the charges are paid as long as I'm using vendors in network. Practically every provider in LA is in the BCBS network, as they're the biggest provider in the state. However, while I was hospitalized, I was hit with a few "out of network" charges. While I was totally out of it and restrained due to same, I really wasn't able to have a discussion with each person who saw me in the ICU as to whether or not they were in my network!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum