Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner??

+5
Barbara101
cookingirl
Imelda HL
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 15]

Barbara101

Barbara101

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 6 10603297_10203067781148499_12649666771449272_n

The End... September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 6 266346835 September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 6 512660330

Barbara101

Barbara101

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 6 4556231665_5ae78dd396_m

The beginning..

bethk

bethk
Admin

Quick, Barb, Lock The Doors !!!

Jimmy's jumping over the fence......

Great looking dogs. (Love how you made a little sleeping bag for 'em.)

Barbara101

Barbara101

bethk wrote:Quick, Barb, Lock The Doors !!!

Jimmy's jumping over the fence......

Great looking dogs.  (Love how you made a little sleeping bag for 'em.)

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 6 2876911673 September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 6 2876911673 IKR..Got to have a great dog now & then..I really like these too.Parks new ones.$7 September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 6 652761166 ..When BOGO I buy a few packages.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

HAAAAAAA  Had hot dogs tonight!
Tina had chili and beans on hers....I had just light mustard and nothing else. (Stomach Thing )
I took a Prevecid before eating to lessen the cramping, and knots. Gonna lift the head up further tonight on my bed. Geeze!

Got the Ketchup chips yesterday. 15 bags worth.

Just gave DD her 6 bags. The wife and DD loves them. I'm not a flavored chips person.
Again.....Just the Original Please! ...Thank You!!... LOL

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 6 Key8AG

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 6 GCIYAF

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 6 I5jNhl

Added the chips....the breakfast casserole T made, and the apple strussell.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Today... "T" braised a ring of Fresh Kielbasie with onions and added potatoes .
I like it cold, and I slice it on the bias, for sammiches. Love horseradish on it.

GD had some elbow macaroni's with a meat sauce Tina made. Boy, she is on the roll today!

Uncle Gabe will have a Cheeseburger from Micky D's...and sweet potato tots.
Corn, and his 2 Tbs. of olive oil to soak and dip little pieces of bread into.

It's a nice steady rain this afternoon. Nice! Appetite weather.
Nights will be in the 40's and that suits me just fine.

OOOps! Forgot about the Feet!...LOL .... I had to fire up the grill really hot, and I burned Tina's
Bunch of Pigs feet that she got at the butcher shoppe today.
The house smells of garlic. They will be her breakfast lunch, and dinner for a few days.
Her and Hers alone!!! ..... September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 6 411572088

Barbara101

Barbara101

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 6 10622939_393735287441414_5709224271695225629_n

Far as I got cooking.Toaster oven to toast the bread for sandwich..

bethk

bethk
Admin

You're a lucky man, Jimmy. I'd be happy to just stand at the stove with a fork and pick at those potatoes and onions from the pan of kielbasa (you'd have to keep Tina busy and looking out the window so she didn't see me doin' it....).

Barb - how in the world did you take bites of that sandwich? That's the kind you feed to a teenage boy who's mouth opens like a broken hinge! Good lookin', for sure!

I didn't have a clue. Then I remembered Dane mentioning creamed chicken in a conversation last week. OK, I can make that, I thought:

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 6 CreamedChickenampVegetablesonBiscuits

Of course, I ate way too much....

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 6 091314

but not so much that I wasn't able to put away dessert! Easy Peasy Boston Cream Cupcakes:

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 6 BostonCreamCupcakes

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Wow! Barb... my jaw is hurtin just lookin at the piles of stuff on that skyscraper sammich!

Looks good. It's all a meathod eating something like that. hahahahaha

Beth.... Looks good even as chicken. Love the idea of spooning that over the dinner muffins.

Boston Cream Doughnuts / cakes are my favorite. Ummmm! I like Eclairs too! Haven't had an eclair in ages.

Barbara101

Barbara101

It was easy lol hold your head to the side & take small bits on one side.Boom,gone.

Barbara101

Barbara101

Boston Cream Doughnuts

oh wow.. September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 6 3602300868 September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 6 4137497845

Bugster2

Bugster2

Nothing is cooking except the hills near my house. Another fire. I am in no danger.
It is really hot and I don't want to cook anything. Probably some kind of sandwich tonight. I finally turned on the air when it got to 90 inside. It was close to 100 today and is going to be hotter tomorrow. Again, I will fix something that doesn't heat up the kitchen.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:It was easy lol hold your head to the side & take small bits on one side.Boom,gone.

I hope you saved the toothpicks ..... to pick the lettuce out of yer teeth after all them bites. Smile

Barbara101

Barbara101

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 6 10676359_10203314257110244_3922027130468320374_n

Grilling these babies today.I might use pineapple rum instead. IDK..I am not going out to store for a real lemon either. September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 6 1838020472

bethk

bethk
Admin

One day this week I'm going to make a pan of stuffed manicotti. I've been searching out recipes and I think I've decided upon a filling. One recipe looks especially good ~ the stuffed tubes go on top of a layer of spaghetti sauce, get a covering of a béchamel sauce and then more spaghetti sauce with extra fresh basil stirred in the sauce - then fresh mozzarella and parmesan to be the crowning glory.

The filling is ground chuck, onion, chopped spinach and the faux ricotta (the cottage cheese blended with eggs, mozzarella & parmesan). I'll make the faux ricotta because I'm not a fan of the texture of real ricotta.

I'm thinking of using my smaller casserole dishes and making a couple for the freezer and one for baking off this week.

But I'm not sure how the béchamel and the manicotti filling will freeze. I wouldn't want it to break from freezing and then bake up watery.

Thoughts, anyone?

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:

Grilling these babies today.I might use pineapple rum instead. IDK..I am not going out to store for a real lemon either. September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 6 1838020472

Holy Smokes, Lady !

Where in the world did those alien beings come from???

(I don't think I'd do the pineapple rum....stick with the tequila ~ JMO)

Barbara101

Barbara101

Where in the world did those alien beings come from???

In the seafood dept at Harris Teeter.I have seen them at Publix too. Since I know shrimp lol these babies are best marinated & grilled over charcoal.

Barbara101

Barbara101

Very rarely do I bother with bechamel.Every now & then I do.When I do make it, I use spinach,ricotta,mozz parm eggs etc like a lasagna/stuffed shells filling. Can not remember doing the meat thing tho. I use reg cheese & freeze mine all the time.Now I do use sausage & meat for my lasagna,IDK lol

September, 2014..What's Cooking For Dinner?? - Page 6 1738318596

NormM

NormM

Bechamel is just a French word for gravy.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Bugster2

Bugster2

Where did you find the recipe? Sounds like something I would like to try.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Bugster2 wrote:Where did you find the recipe? Sounds like something I would like to try.

It's not just one recipe, Bugs.....I look over several, pick a bit from one and a bit from another, stuff that sounds good to me. Then I finally commit to the ingredients and (most likely) change 'em out when I start to cook.

I look more for methods than particular recipes.

Most of the recipes I looked at this time were on allrecipes.com .

bethk

bethk
Admin

NormM wrote:Bechamel is just a French word for gravy.

What I'm looking at is most notably know by me as a 'white sauce'....I'm just wondering how it might freeze. I'd hate to spend a lot of time and then end up with a goopy, watery mess when I thaw and bake it off. I know the filling and spaghetti sauce will freeze OK, I'm just in a quandary about the addition of the béchamel between the shells & topping of spaghetti sauce & cheese.

What do you think? Go or 'forgo'?

NormM

NormM

I make Lasagne with bechamel, bake it, freeze it, reheat in the microwave with no problems. If you don't want to take any chances, you could leave it off until you thaw it for baking.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Barbara101

Barbara101

I am with Norm.

BTW Beth,, Did you see Publix has Kerrygold on sale BOGO $4. I bought some lol A lot of some,,,

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:I am with Norm.

BTW Beth,, Did you see Publix has Kerrygold on sale BOGO $4. I bought some lol A lot of some,,,

No, I did NOT see that....but will go now to check it out!

Their regular, store brand butter was $4.35/lb.  No way....

Well, their stock is 6 pkg. less...and then some lady stops me and asks me, "what do you use that for?"
I almost said, "I slap it on my hips and wrap myself in SaranWrap!", but, was nice, instead, and just said I get it when it's on sale as a special 'treat' for myself. She snorted and said, "it's ONLY 8 oz. and the FAT CONTENT is out of this world". I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what her point was....

Hahahahahahaha!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum