Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Was This Telepathic??

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Was This Telepathic?? Empty Was This Telepathic?? Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:39 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I guess by now, the latest news is that Robin Williams had died. 63 Years Old, and it appears it may have been suicide.

The weird thing, is that Just Yesterday, I turned off the TV and the lights
in the Living Room for the night, and I noticed on the entertainment center, there was the DVD Movie of "Mrs. Doubtfire" ... a Character that Robin Williams starred in...
My GD watched that movie like 20 times.
I was just looking at it, and wondering,"What the Heck is This Movie doing sitting here?? GD was away on vacation, and she is past that type of movie Genre.

Usually there would be a Religious Movie that Tina and Uncle would watch;,,,,But ?? Mrs. Doubtfire???..... I thought to myself, "Boy, I'll bet Uncle Gabe would get a kick out of watching that movie!"....

And then this news hits today!! No 

Really Weird!

Here is the dvd case....

Was This Telepathic?? Ig5jKr

2Was This Telepathic?? Empty Re: Was This Telepathic?? Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:45 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

What an absolute waste of a very talented human being. It is unfortunate that his devils got the better of him. It makes me think he either had a depression that was un-medicated or that nothing was helping. Sometimes that happens. I know he had relapsed back into his addictions and had just been in rehab. Many times people use drugs and alcohol to self-medicate. He was highly intelligent, having gone to Claremont Men's College (you have to be super smart to get in there) and was one of two people accepted into Julliard for some special program. The other person was Christopher Reeve. What a shame that he thought there was no other way out of his misery. May he rest in peace.

3Was This Telepathic?? Empty Re: Was This Telepathic?? Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:34 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yes, a sad day for everyone else ~ but Robin Williams is free of his demons. So very sad he was unable to find a way out of his darkness.

4Was This Telepathic?? Empty Re: Was This Telepathic?? Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:41 am

cookingirl

cookingirl

Depression is a real monster. It can come up on you unexpectedly, even in the best of times.
You could tell he was a real genius...
Yet, he seemed so genuine and real. The comedic talent was inborn, but it was also used to hide his fears and uncertainty.
All of his trips overseas to entertain our troops were non-publicized. It seems Robin Williams had a gift to entertain us with both laughter and pathos. Who knows what his demons were which were insurmountable.
Again, may he RIP...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum