Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How long do you think

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How long do you think Empty How long do you think Thu May 29, 2014 8:05 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I can keep the chicken fat .  Both my girls went nuts when I was messing with that chicken..They sure know when I cook one.They are sure happy about that..
I put maybe 2T on their food this morning. they love me.. How long do you think 2599281016 

I know I freeze the broth.stock but this is chicken fat..

2How long do you think Empty Re: How long do you think Thu May 29, 2014 8:14 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I have a container of chicken schmaltz (fat) in my freezer that I use occasionally when I want that extra flavor. I keep it just like I do my bacon fat.

3How long do you think Empty Re: How long do you think Thu May 29, 2014 9:03 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

How long do you think 2453703928 

4How long do you think Empty Re: How long do you think Thu May 29, 2014 9:08 am

NormM

NormM

It was a common thing for Jewish people in olden times to use chicken fat for cooking since there were religious restrictions against using pork fat.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

5How long do you think Empty Re: How long do you think Thu May 29, 2014 9:12 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

And, don't forget....if you're simmering a chicken for stock....strain and then chill down the broth. The removal of the chicken fat is much easier then. Oh, and also, you can take the skin off the rendered and simmered bird and put it in a cold skillet to continue to render it down to make crispy bits that are fabulous as 'crunchies' on salads or casserole dishes.

It's kind of like chicken bacon.

6How long do you think Empty Re: How long do you think Thu May 29, 2014 9:18 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

No offense but Pork fat rules.....Duck fat rules. My girls think chicken fat rules. How long do you think 3602300868 

7How long do you think Empty Re: How long do you think Thu May 29, 2014 4:34 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

We keep bacon fat in pint jars in the fridge. I never froze it and it's always fine to use.

8How long do you think Empty Re: How long do you think Thu May 29, 2014 4:53 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Before the advent of the 'kitchen police' all the bacon fat was kept on the stove or countertop in a 'bacon jug'....of course, lots of people got ill and died young, but, hey, it certainly wasn't ONLY the bacon fat that did 'em in....

9How long do you think Empty Re: How long do you think Sat May 31, 2014 5:22 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

I freeze my chicken fat.

10How long do you think Empty Re: How long do you think Sat May 31, 2014 8:05 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I let it hardened some what in the fridge. Then froze it in tablespoon blobs, so I can get to it easy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum