Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chit Chit Plus more Chit

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Chit Chit Plus more Chit Empty Chit Chit Plus more Chit Mon May 26, 2014 1:42 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Chit Chit Plus more Chit 2787578702 Chit Chit Plus more Chit 2787578702 Chit Chit Plus more Chit 1450907917 

Molly wanted out..Decided to water my surprise plants.Oh & I have more coming up lol.????

I was out there tops 1 minute.......

The back of my legs are covered in bites. Chit Chit Plus more Chit 1450907917 And my BUTT. Don't laugh.

Chit Chit Plus more Chit 1450907917 Hate those buggers. Chit Chit Plus more Chit 1562938848 Chit Chit Plus more Chit 1562938848 

I am so mad.Itch like crazy. Rubbed them pure alcohol.Was in the kitchen, so I used loads of vinegar . That did not work. So I used darn near the whole tube of woman cream.30 minutes later it still itches & I have all these welts.Good thing I am not going out I would be scratching my butt.Had to put sheet on the sofa.So I can sit down.

So pissed off I did spray myself down before I went out.Lessen learned. Do NOT leave without it.......

2Chit Chit Plus more Chit Empty Re: Chit Chit Plus more Chit Mon May 26, 2014 2:00 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

When I was a kid and lived on the farm, Mom use to get something called 'Yard Guard' that she'd spray around the back door and charcoal grill before going in and out to cook. Don't even know if they still make that stuff, but, as I remember, it did work pretty good.

What you need is for me to ship you a box of 100 geckos to live on your patio and devour those nasty skeeters.

3Chit Chit Plus more Chit Empty Re: Chit Chit Plus more Chit Mon May 26, 2014 2:14 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

oh I have those. They are useless.lol.

Yes I will get some. My mom always had those Torchs lit. they don't work that great either.Citronella does not work.Those bug zappers do not work.
I was concerned about spraying cuz of my pets.Or getting on the grill.Even the label on the body sprays  affraid not good.I may have to stay indoors till December.

I may have to move up there to NJ by Jimmy lol.I am told they do not have any.

4Chit Chit Plus more Chit Empty Re: Chit Chit Plus more Chit Mon May 26, 2014 2:29 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

What about a tyvek coverall to slip on if you want to go out the door? The kind of coveralls auto painters wear....

5Chit Chit Plus more Chit Empty Re: Chit Chit Plus more Chit Sat May 31, 2014 5:55 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

I feel for Ya Barb. I went outside near the grass and came back with 3 spider bites: one on my thigh, another in my crotch and one at my waist. I tried the Vagisil but it was ineffective on the itch. My DH and roomies are laughing their heads off when they see me with my legs spread and my hand down the front of my pants, scratching oh-so-carefully. My DH says "YO" in a deep voice. Apparently that is what men say to each other when they scratch their privates in front of each other. I am going to have to stay away from the grass.

6Chit Chit Plus more Chit Empty Re: Chit Chit Plus more Chit Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:14 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

Another thing you can do is spray the yard, Barbara, wiith one of those sprayers you hook up to the hose. We spray the grass and the deck with flea spray (for the cat) and we also spray the plants wth insecticidal soap to keep the bugs away. We feed the birds here and have done so for years so we don't spray with anything harsh but you can use Malathion in the sprayer for mosquitos -- it works really well. We did it when I was younger for the dog.

It would beat staying in until it gets cooler, as that will be quite a while for that to happen for us.

7Chit Chit Plus more Chit Empty Re: Chit Chit Plus more Chit Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:06 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Avon makes a product called "Skin so Soft". People have discovered it works great as a bug repellant. I bought a bottle but it was highly perfumed and I couldn't stand myself so I had to wash it off. Can't tell you if it actually works or not but at least (I hope) it isn't poison.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum