Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

So,,, my Dr. says

+2
bethk
Barbara101
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1So,,, my Dr. says Empty So,,, my Dr. says Sat May 24, 2014 1:51 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I can have a 1/3 of a peach.Half a small apple. 2 slices or bites of banana.1/4 cup of any berry.

So,,, my Dr. says 1838020472 So,,, my Dr. says 2876911673 So,,, my Dr. says 2876911673 So,,, my Dr. says 2876911673 and  So,,, my Dr. says 2876911673  some more.

so I say  So,,, my Dr. says 1430007125 

2So,,, my Dr. says Empty Re: So,,, my Dr. says Sat May 24, 2014 2:20 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Is your doc a nutritionist/dietician? Most American docs don't know any more about how foods react in people except from what they have read in a newspaper (or journal insert). Very few have done any in depth study and, unless they have diabetes themselves, don't have a clue how very different it affects each person. There is no 'one-size-fits-all' advice.

I would think you know much more about what you can and cannot eat from your experience and study and experimentation of how your body reacts to different foods and the timing of when you eat, etc. Go with your gut (pun intended) instinct and just smile and nod your head.....

3So,,, my Dr. says Empty Re: So,,, my Dr. says Sat May 24, 2014 2:31 pm

NormM

NormM

How about 1/3 of a peach drizzled with honey, vanilla, cinnamon, 1/4 cup of pureed strawberries, grilled until slightly soft, and then topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and two slices of chocolate dipped bananas?

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

4So,,, my Dr. says Empty Re: So,,, my Dr. says Sat May 24, 2014 2:33 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Go with your gut (pun intended) instinct and just smile and nod your head.....

That is just what I do.My meter tells me what I should & should not eat.I said well that means I can not eat apple pie topped with ice cream anymore lol I thought her eyes popped out her head  So,,, my Dr. says 2876911673 

5So,,, my Dr. says Empty Re: So,,, my Dr. says Sat May 24, 2014 2:34 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

lol! 

Yeah, I'll bet she did a double take with that one!

6So,,, my Dr. says Empty Re: So,,, my Dr. says Sat May 24, 2014 2:35 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

NormM wrote:How about 1/3 of a peach drizzled with honey, vanilla, cinnamon, 1/4 cup of pureed strawberries, grilled until slightly soft, and then topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and two slices of chocolate dipped bananas?

So,,, my Dr. says 3267860543 So,,, my Dr. says 3602300868 sounds good to me..

7So,,, my Dr. says Empty Re: So,,, my Dr. says Sat May 24, 2014 4:28 pm

JanaAZ

I started working with a nutritionist last July. All she had me do for starters was 'clean my diet'. By that, it meant giving up 'white' stuff....white flour, sugar, etc, as well as processed foods. I make everything from scratch anyway so the processed foods was not a problem or me.

At the time if I wanted bread, it could only be Ezekiel bread which I actually didn't mind if I toasted it. By just cutting white crap out of my diet, I lost about 30 lbs in 6 months. I didn't have to cut portion size at all which was nice.

Interestingly enough, I thought I'd go nuts without the bread but I didn't. My doctor tried to tell me what to eat, but I let her know that I had to follow the nutritionist suggestions. Their suggestions were not usually the same.

Barb, it seems to me you've been doing this for a long time and you know what you can and can't eat.

8So,,, my Dr. says Empty Re: So,,, my Dr. says Sat May 24, 2014 6:03 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

JanaAZ wrote:Interestingly enough, I thought I'd go nuts without the bread but I didn't.

I understand, as I went through the same thing when I was dieting on steroids.  I looked at carbs as "dessert."  Once you get used to no or very little bread, it's amazing how much weight you can lose (along with no "white stuff," of course).  

We have great sandwiches on French bread in N.O. (I'm sure you know they're known as poor boys) but I consider them a treat when I eat them.  I had one a couple of weeks ago from a nearly convenient store run by Palestinians.  They make SUPER sandwiches and they're really reasonably priced, considering the amount of "meat" on the sandwiches.  Brian was in the store waiting for the sandwiches to be made so when he came home with it (I got a fried shrimp sandwhich, dressed, which is what we call a sandwich with lettuce, tomatoes and mayo), it was still WARM!  It had been over 20 years since I'd had a warm fried shrimp poor boy.  I opened that suchker up and put Tabasco on the shrimp, which made it even better.  God, it was good.  The next time I'm up for a fat splurge, I'll get a fried oyster poorboy -- boy, that would be good warm, too.

9So,,, my Dr. says Empty Re: So,,, my Dr. says Sat May 24, 2014 7:25 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We call em.. PO-Boy's Up here in the North!!!......don't cha know silly?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum