Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Berry-ier Strawberries..

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Berry-ier Strawberries.. Empty Berry-ier Strawberries.. Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:52 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Right now I have a surplus of strawberries in my refrigerator. I picked 'em up because Andrea was coming and then we ended up not eating them.....

So, I decided I'd better do something with them rather than let 'em just go to waste.

One package was a bit past prime so I decided to chop 'em up and make a sauce. Oh, heck, couldn't hurt to toss in the dozen blueberries, too. So, into a pot with a bit of white sugar and just a little brown sugar, too.

WOW! I can't wait to strain this out when all is turned to mush. The taste I just had was super "strawberry" flavored and the color was just that much richer from the blueberries.

I don't know quite how I'm going to proceed from here, just know I want to push 'em through a strainer to get rid of any blueberry skins.

2Berry-ier Strawberries.. Empty Re: Berry-ier Strawberries.. Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:37 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Wow! Sounds like berry sauce for crepes.
Crepes with bananas with sour cream / cream cheese mix on top, and the berry sauce to finish it off!

3Berry-ier Strawberries.. Empty Re: Berry-ier Strawberries.. Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:00 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

me too. I got some that are big as lemons lol.I will make a pie.That shortcake I made was hard as bricks.

4Berry-ier Strawberries.. Empty Re: Berry-ier Strawberries.. Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:04 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Berry-ier Strawberries.. Strawberrypie04092013

I may have to have this for dinner..

5Berry-ier Strawberries.. Empty Re: Berry-ier Strawberries.. Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:25 pm

NormM

NormM

Ice cream topping or make a milkshake or smoothie.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

6Berry-ier Strawberries.. Empty Re: Berry-ier Strawberries.. Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:22 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I use something similar with a chocolate truffle tart or a flourless chocolate cake. Emeril uses a coulis with his fried Twinkies.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum