Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Well I tried..

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Well I tried.. Empty Well I tried.. Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:19 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Seems kale is a food fad right now.By mistake I picked up a bag of spinach & baby kale mixed.man I tasted that kale asap. Crying or Very sad Shocked Picked it out of my salad & tossed it.

Sooooooooooo I came across a  half bag of quinoa in the cupboard,threw it in the ricemaker,Smelled like wet dirt cooking. Surprised 

No No No major no like on both. No 

Well I tried.. 411572088

2Well I tried.. Empty Re: Well I tried.. Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:28 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

That's OK ~ to each his (or her) own....

Me, I like both the kale and the quinoa. But Dane doesn't (except the colcannon mashed potatoes I made with potatoes, kale & bacon).

Same as you like all kinds of cheeses and I'm REAL particular about what I can swallow.

Which reminds me....we went out to eat and I asked for Ranch Dressing for my salad (on the side). I thought it looked "chunky" but didn't think much of it. All of a sudden I got COTTAGE CHEESE in my mouth and gagged. Who makes Ranch Dressing with COTTAGE CHEESE ????? It almost ruined my whole meal.

Thank goodness I had a fresh Margarita to cleanse my tongue! lol

3Well I tried.. Empty Re: Well I tried.. Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:34 pm

JanaAZ

Barb, try cooking the quinoa in chicken stock instead of water. It gives it a great flavor and gets rid of that 'dirt' smell. Cooked in plain water is nasty!

4Well I tried.. Empty Re: Well I tried.. Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:01 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

JanaAZ wrote:Barb, try  cooking the quinoa in chicken stock instead of water.  It gives it a great flavor and gets rid of that 'dirt' smell.  Cooked in plain water is nasty!

well you are to late with this info lol I may not buy anymore.If I ever buy it again, I will sure do that.. Thanks..

5Well I tried.. Empty Re: Well I tried.. Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:52 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Agreed, Jana....and after it's cooked mix in some vegetables.

My grandkids like corn, peas, carrots and leftover KALE.....

Well I tried.. 2876911673 

6Well I tried.. Empty Re: Well I tried.. Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:05 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

and after it's cooked mix in some vegetables.

Well I tried.. 2876911673 Well I tried.. 2876911673  I put 2 heaping big spoonfuls in the 'girls' food I made for them. Both smelled it, looked at me with that what the heck is this.  Shocked Shocked  

They ate some.They dumped the food on the floor bite by bite & ate the good stuff. Well I tried.. 2876911673 Well I tried.. 2876911673

7Well I tried.. Empty Re: Well I tried.. Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:07 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I start eating Kale now.. sometimes I only boiled them in chicken stocks.. or sauteed them with garlic, salt pepper.. I cooked them in spicy coconut milk too ( like curry) it was good... yesterday I sauteed them with my chili sauce, added some sweet soy sauce and a bit of lemon juice.. yummy.. I still can't eat them raw nor mix in my smoothies

8Well I tried.. Empty Re: Well I tried.. Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:39 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

I don't like kale either. I think it has a funky taste.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum