Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fish fillets

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fish fillets Empty Fish fillets Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:58 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

Have you ever had those frozen breaded fish fillets by Gorton's or Van de Kamps? Are they any good?

2Fish fillets Empty Re: Fish fillets Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:07 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Have you ever had those frozen breaded fish fillets by Gorton's or Van de Kamps? Are they any good?

Isn't that strange? I was thinking of them last night.
I used to call them Grotans fish sticks.
Tina makes them breaded fish sticks for the kids (grown up and more fussy) and they love them.

There was a Mrs. Pauls too that I remember.

3Fish fillets Empty Re: Fish fillets Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:18 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Bugster2 wrote:Have you ever had those frozen breaded fish fillets by Gorton's or Van de Kamps? Are they any good?

Isn't that strange? I was thinking of them last night.
I used to call them Grotans fish sticks.
Tina makes them breaded fish sticks for the kids (grown up and more fussy) and they love them.

There was a Mrs. Pauls too that I remember.

Is there a particular brand that is better than another?

4Fish fillets Empty Re: Fish fillets Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:28 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

a while ago I picked up a bag of breaded fish at costco. OMG good.The fish was roundish not flat.Light batter.So good.I need to get there again just for Kirkland dog food & Kirkland TUNA Fish.. Gosh I miss good tuna..

5Fish fillets Empty Re: Fish fillets Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:08 pm

NormM

NormM

For someone who lives over 1000 miles from any body of salt water, I was very pleased with Gorton and Van de Campsfish fillets.  They are the always good and  I am not a fan of fish in most cases but I always try some seafood when I visit the West Coast.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

6Fish fillets Empty Re: Fish fillets Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:32 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Gortons for us...as far as fish sticks or batter dipped

Carnation for fried shrimp....

Genova for canned tuna....( olive oil canned )

Seasons ...for sardines and mackerel.

7Fish fillets Empty Re: Fish fillets Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:37 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Genova for canned tuna....( olive oil canned )

where do you get this? another good one is Goya,yet I can never find it.Geisha is so good.Only grocery's don't carry it.Or not any I have here.

8Fish fillets Empty Re: Fish fillets Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:49 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

once in a while we eat Gorton's or Van de Kamps, they are my DH's childhood foods.. but he thought now they come in smaller pieces Razz , we like them, esp dip in my green chili sauce  Razz 

9Fish fillets Empty Re: Fish fillets Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:50 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I bought a package of Gortons and Van de Kamps and we are going to try them side by side and see which one is better. As far as tuna is concerned, I buy Geisha. My DH hates all of the other brands. We have not tried the Italian kind yet nor have we tried Costco's. One of the best tunas we had was caught and canned by my DH's former employer. Now that was good. He also gave us some fresh halibut and salmon that he caught in Alaska. It was so good! He had it overnighted down to us. I usually buy live lobster from an Asian market that has tanks full of tem. They will kill it and steam it for us. I just can't kill one myself. Too traumatic.

10Fish fillets Empty Re: Fish fillets Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:34 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Genova for canned tuna....( olive oil canned )

where do you get this? another good one is Goya,yet I can never find it.Geisha is so good.Only grocery's don't carry it.Or not any I have here.

At an Italian section of the store, or Italian specialty store like an importing store.

It is expensive, but a darker tuna large flakes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum