Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

what to cook?????

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1what to cook????? Empty what to cook????? Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:43 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

next 2 days 60,then 70/75 all next week & beyond. maybe spring is here.

I plan on doing lots of grilling. what to cook????? 3921676023    what to cook????? 512660330    what to cook????? 2876843705

2what to cook????? Empty Re: what to cook????? Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:59 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had planned to do some boneless short ribs today, hungry for beef....

but we were out and about all day and got home too late to let it cook low and slow. I guess we'll just find some leftovers.

Our weather is coming around to the "norm" so I think I'll be out on the grill somewhat more in the week coming up, too.

3what to cook????? Empty Re: what to cook????? Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:27 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

Barbara101 wrote:next 2 days 60,then 70/75 all next week & beyond. maybe spring is here.

Here, too, B! Brian spent most of his time outdoors this weekend, cleaning off tons of my clay pots in an effort to get ready for spring planting season. I'm so glad he's "gotten into" gardening, as it's more fun when someone else is also into it.

4what to cook????? Empty Re: what to cook????? Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:00 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

80` by the week end. Me too I have been out killing weeds.They are rampant in my pots too.I guess I will dump all that soil & get bags of fresh.

I am trying to figure out what is the cheapest way to get a bigger patio.hauling all those hunks of flagstone is not something I can do .Or the bags of gravel. Maybe I can get my landlord to do it. When I had a the yard guy he did stuff like that.I may ask at Lowes & see what they do.

Concrete?? IDK...I have wanted to enclose my front walk up by my front door with fencing/gate & make a entrance patio.Only thing is ,it gets to hot to enjoy the outside so that is really why I have not done it already.Plus in the back the sun sets that side & it is sooooooo stinking hot there I can't even stand to grill. I have to come back in the house.No such thing as eating out or having my coffee outside Like I did in NC. Crying or Very sad 

I better get on the stick too, and do it soon.It will to hot for me to be out puttering.It goes from one day of nice to OMG it is hot..... what to cook????? 387840482 

5what to cook????? Empty Re: what to cook????? Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:23 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Barbara101 wrote:80` by the week end. Me too I have been out killing weeds.They are rampant in my pots too.I guess I will dump all that soil & get bags of fresh.

Brian tried to do this every year and I always told him not to, as dirt doesn't go bad. Last year, he did it while I was inside and I could've killed him. A better idea is to just really water the pots well -- even if you need to do it a couple days in a row. The weeds are easy to pull out when the dirt is moist and you can just mix up the dirt with a trowel and even add a little fertilizer if you think it's needed.

That's why my herbs got planted into the garden and not in the pots last year. I hated going out there at night to pick my herbs and so this year, he told me he'd scrub all my pots (there are tons of them) so we could refill them with potting soil. So my herbs will be back on one corner of the deck again. I also put in mixed pots of flowers amongst the herbs so the deck looks pretty. It comes out looking so good that a lot of our friends will comment.

We have really good soil in the back yard, too. We're a couple hundred yards from the Mississippi River and years ago, before the levees were built (in the late 20s, I think), it would flood. When we first bought our house and were digging gardens in the back, it was a brute! We finally had to get down on our hands and knees and dig out the bricks, as there were layer after layer of bricks in the ground. I finally realized that probably after a flood, when the dirt in the yard probably ran off into the lower area behind our yard, they probably just put down a layer of bricks to raise up the yard again. Bricks weren't as costly then. Over the years, we've added potting soil (not garden soil), manure or compost, and peat moss to the gradens, probably every other year or so. It helps when you have to replant the same type of veggie in the garden for a couple of years. The soil is amazing now -- you can just stick a trowel in it about an inch and you see tons of worms.

It's funny, too, as our master bedroom is carpeted. When we moved in here, there were no ceiling fans. To put a ceiling fan in the living room (which is under the master bedroom), we had to pull up the carpet temporarily to run the electric down to the room below for the fan. When we pulled up the carpet, we found out there was a double wood floor in the bedroom -- two layers of wood floors. The guy here said that years ago, the wood was cheaper than the labor, so they probably put in a second floor on top of the first rather than refinish the old floor. I hated to cut thru them but fans are a necessity in our climate and I didn't want to have to run wire cover up the walls of the living room to get to a fan (if the guy who renovated our house would've done it right, he'd have put fans in every room and we wouldn't have had that problem). I'd never seen nor heard of double wood floors before.

Sorry for the OT post. I just realized I was in a food area...

6what to cook????? Empty Re: what to cook????? Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:49 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I sure like this 70` even tho it was higher then that. 80` coming up. Going to be getting my grill on.
Oh BTW I got my QBaby back on.Seems you have to change the propane tank  what to cook????? 2876911673 what to cook????? 2855670339 

7what to cook????? Empty Re: what to cook????? Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:23 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:I sure like this 70` even tho it was higher then that.   80` coming up.  Going to be getting my grill on.
Oh BTW I got my QBaby back on.Seems you have to change the propane tank  what to cook????? 2876911673 what to cook????? 2855670339 

Funny how that works! Of course, in your defense, it would be nice if there was a gauge to tell you it's low/out of gas. I know there's a gauge I can get for my big grill but I'm too cheap to spend the $$ for it ~ and it probably wouldn't be convenient to look at....any more than I pay attention to the fuel gauge in my car until the "ding-ding" sound starts and the blinking message "LOW FUEL" flashes.

Details. Details. Who's got time for 'em?

lol! 

8what to cook????? Empty Re: what to cook????? Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:47 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

The one before that one,I got 15 cooks off it.This one has been on since summer & I know I did not get 15 cooks.I only use it fast stuff,for one thing it only has has 1 tube burner.So I do steaks,burgers dogs,wings.chops. stuff I can do direct.Corn, veggies etc. The longest I cook is maybe 30/40 minutes.

Seems like I saw somewhere you pour hot water on the tank & where it feels cool/cold to your hand is where your gas level is IDK..I still shy away from them.lol..I have my little one Smokey Joe.Then I have the 22' .5 with the ash catcher.so kind of pointless for me to get a nice big gasser.Even I tho I stop & give them a good look.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum