Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

anyone use the recipes from lables

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1anyone use the recipes from lables Empty anyone use the recipes from lables Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:37 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

on box,jar,bag,can etc.

Boy I do.

I have some favorites from Hellmens mayo.A LOT in fact.

Hunts tomato sauce.Several great recipes.

White Lily Flour.I use all the recipes from them.

Hershey cocoa.But prefer Ghirardelli chocolate products.Plus the recipes they have.

I used to use lots of recipes from Bisquick but have not bought that in years.

Lemon Mer pie from back of cornstarch box.Same recipe as Betty Crocker BTW.

Muellers pasta box has some great recipes too.

Backs of bottles of Asain sauces have great recipes.

Backs of Rice bags have great recipes.

The best rustic bread recipe I use was on the back of a bag of bread machine flour.

Boxed cake mix has had some great desserts I have made.Even have a cookbook from Jello.

Made some stuff off the can of crisco.

Old Bay back of can..

My cole slaw recipe came from the bag of cabbage .

Libbys can of pumpkin.
Karo syrup.
Kahlua has a wonderful cookbook.Love the recipes.
Captain Morgan Rums.I have the recipe book.

Lets hear some of your favorites.

2anyone use the recipes from lables Empty Re: anyone use the recipes from lables Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:48 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I have a bunch of recipes from the Jello / CoolWhip ad inserts that were in the "ladies" magazines back in the 1980's ~ Strawberry Yogurt Pie, German Chocolate Pie, etc. are a couple I make anytime I need a summer treat.

My oatmeal cookie recipe came from the Quaker Oats box.

It only makes sense for producers to use their best & tested recipes as advertising on their products.

My grandma had a bunch of recipes taped to index cards that she had snipped off packages, even one for soap.

3anyone use the recipes from lables Empty Re: anyone use the recipes from lables Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:09 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

My oatmeal cookie recipe came from the Quaker Oats box.oh yah forgot that one.
Also cheesecakes from the phili CC wrapper.

4anyone use the recipes from lables Empty Re: anyone use the recipes from lables Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:55 pm

NormM

NormM

I have two cookbooks titled The Brand Name Cookbook One and Two. Every recipe came from the label of a product. Unfortunately they are so old, many of the products have changed the size or formula of the item and the old recipes don't work anymore.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

5anyone use the recipes from lables Empty Re: anyone use the recipes from lables Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:09 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

I make a mustard sauce that is one of my most requested recipes from friends and guests. I got it from the jar of Dijon Mustard many years ago.

I also use a "Tex Mex Rice" recipe that I got from a can of Trappey's Black Eyed Peas with Jalapeno. Very good as well and not like anything else I make.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum