Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup?

+3
JanaAZ
Imelda HL
UNCLE JIMMY
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Empty How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:54 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I figured I would post this and see how You or Friends and or Family Make Chicken Soup!

There are many methods, and ingredients, and it would be great to learn tips and new flavors and methods.
It ain't just throw in a chicken and and a carrot and celery in a pot of boiling water.

Do you like greasy soup; or watered down soup..... I and I'm sure others would like to know. ? ? ? ?  Idea 

My soup is what I call "Jimmy's Fussy Chicken Soup!"

I start with about 4 quarts of water.

A little salt and pepper
A 1/2 chiiken breast...No Bones; and trimmed of all fat and grizzle and skin.
I slice and dice the breast first, and then it goes in the pot.
I add 1 medium onion (yellow) diced small, and 2 stalks of celery cut 1/8 to 1/4 inch slices so that the celery is spoon size and not strings and limp.
I sometimes throw in the leaves and take out later.

I let that cook down 1/3, and then add 3 Knorrs Boulion Cakes.

Then in goes 3 large carrots  that I peeled and diced into 1/2 inch cubes.

Two whole garlic cloves

Tbs. Dry Parsely

1 small tomato peeled and cut into teaspoon size pieces. If I have no fresh tomato, a scant Tbs. of ketchup.

1/2 cup frozen corn and 1/2 cup frozen peas.

I let it simmer for about 2 hours or until it reduces one third of the original volume. I taste it for saltiness, and add if needed.

I have had soup that I had just thrown the breast in whole and not cut it in cubes, but I found that doing that, cooks the chicken so that it actually shreds into strings. I personaly do not like that.

I also tried a cooked breast like from a roasted already chicken, but in chopping that up, it turns the chicken meat into mush.

Tina makes the soup completely opposite.

She likes all the chicken parts raw and bones and skin...
Even though she skims off the fat, I don't like the pullet like flavor / taste.
She also throws the carrots and celery thrown in as cut in half. Uh Uh!
Not For Me...No Thank You! I don't like chopping carrots to make them bite size in my bowl while slashing and spilling the soup all over the table.
Oh! She throws the onion in whole too!

She has been used to cooking it that way from her grandmom and her mother and the rest of her crude familY ! LOL LOL  What a Face 

2How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Empty Re: How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:59 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Just to add this about soup.

I do not like when the soup turns to jello. Yuck! Even though when heated It goes back to a liquid, it just is stuck in my head...,All That Bone grease and collagen lurking in a pot.
Uh! Isn't that collagen a heart clogger?? It surely looks that way to me.

3How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Empty Re: How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:36 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

our simple chicken soup:

-1- we boil whole chicken with a whole pot of water, add a chunk ginger salt and pepper.. after the chicken is done, we take it out, shred or dice the meat
or
-2- we cut chicken or use chicken parts, boil with a pot of water, ginger, salt and pepper until the chicken parts are cooked

then we add nutmeg, clove, potatoes, carrots, celery and boil them again until the veggies are cooked, we garnish we fried shallots and green onion

another way to make chicken soup:
- same with # 1 and 2, then instead of nutmeg and cloves, we add ground shallots, garlic, turmeric and candle nut, sauteed in a bit of oil until fragrant, add veggies and cook until all done..

4How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Empty Re: How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:57 pm

JanaAZ

Oh, Jimmy, I love when it turns to jello. You know you have a great broth then.

When I make my soup I either use a whole chicken or dark meat only. I cook it with carrots, celery, garlic and bay leaf. When the meat is done and the veggies are 'spent', I remove them. Then I add fresh veggies to the pot and cook it a while longer. I don't use bouillon cubes...I use chicken soup base. I like the flavor better.

I finish off the soup with parsley, onion flakes and a little dill. I don't get a lot of fat in the broth. I also hate 'stuff' floating in the soup, so I skim the stuff as it rises to the top, then I strain the soup so there's no floating impurities. I know that's going overboard, but it is a labor of love.

My hubby loves mish mosh soup, so I make matzo balls, noodles and rice. Then I add whatever he wants into the bowl, add the broth, some chicken, and let him at it.

5How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Empty Re: How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:02 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Gotta disagree with you, Jimmy, on the yellow stock and jellied consistency. That's what I call perfect chicken stock. And I do it different ways, depending upon what I have available.

If I have fresh chickens, whole ones, I'll put them (at least 2) in a large stock pot, add a few peeled carrots, maybe a couple peeled parsnips, two whole onions (cut in half), a few stalks of celery and all the leaves from the celery and any parsley or thyme I have available, stems and all - oh, and a handful of whole peppercorns. I cover it all the way with cold water and bring it to a simmer.

As the pot comes to a simmer I try to watch carefully and not let it boil - then into the oven at 225° for overnight. If I start it early in the day I will try to catch it when the chicken is cooked and just starting to pull away from the bones - if I time it correctly I can pull off the breast meat to cut or shred for the soup before it gives up all it's flavor to the stock.

After 8 - 12 hours in the low oven I remove all the chunks of stuff and then carefully strain & cool the pan of stock (in a clean pot now) in a sink full of ice water, then into the refrigerator to cool completely. When it's been in the refrigerator (usually another overnight stay) I spoon off all the fat that has appeared on the surface.

Now my stock is ready to portion for the freezer or to make soup - adding new vegetables and the salvaged meat, or freshly poached chicken along with homemade noodles. Oh, I don't season with salt until I'm ready to serve or just before I add the homemade noodles.

The other way I make stock is to save all the carcass and bones I can from a roasted chicken - I stash 'em in the freezer until I have enough for a pot full. Then I do basically the same thing as above only with already roasted bones.

6How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Empty Re: How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:08 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Wow! This is great! I'm learning different ways to make and flavor soup.
I like the Imeldas spices. I will juggle the ingredients and try them.

JanaAZ .... I always make the Matzo Balls in Tina's soup, and I will make little meatballs and cook them in the soup also.

Beth! I like that 250º oven idea! Hmmm! The wheels are spinning! LOL

7How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Empty Re: How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:13 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

My Andrea taught me that method.  It's like, "set it and forget it" method....and I love to wake up to the smell of stock in the morning (I know of others who think that's disgusting....) - oh, another thing about the oven method ~ clearest stock I've ever made.  There's no boiling or simmering to move all that stuff around in the liquid.  When I take the stock from the pot to strain I try not to disturb the very bottom (I use a small sauce pan to ladle it) and I strain it through a couple layers of cheesecloth.  

I just do it to see if I can make it "fancy" once in a while.

8How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Empty Re: How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:09 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:My Andrea taught me that method.  It's like, "set it and forget it" method....and I love to wake up to the smell of stock in the morning (I know of others who think that's disgusting....) - oh, another thing about the oven method ~ clearest stock I've ever made.  There's no boiling or simmering to move all that stuff around in the liquid.  When I take the stock from the pot to strain I try not to disturb the very bottom (I use a small sauce pan to ladle it) and I strain it through a couple layers of cheesecloth.  

I just do it to see if I can make it "fancy" once in a while.

The small sauce pan to scoop up the stock reminded me of mom using that old fashioned white coffee cup with the single finger handle.
The cup that is like almost a two cupper. LOL

BTW...I love waking up to flavors in the house.
I woke this morning to onions and celery and BBQ hot dogs cooking on the stovetop.

9How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Empty Re: How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:22 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

looks like I have made the same as everyone here.No dill or other spices tho.

I just like salt,pepper.parsley,celery,carrots.

I have roasted off cut up chicken.I have boiled,simmered chicken,whole & parts.Skin on,skin off.I use water and or bought stock.

I have used the slow cooker 10/12hr on low.

I save all backs & wing tips,then simmer them.

I found out that to not have mush noodles ,cook them separate & add soup to them.

I also have used just the breast meat to stock with veggies.

I do not like turkey soup.. Mad 

10How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Empty Re: How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:51 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:looks like I have made the same as everyone here.No dill or other spices tho.

I just like salt,pepper.parsley,celery,carrots.

I have roasted off cut up chicken.I have boiled,simmered chicken,whole & parts.Skin on,skin off.I use water and or bought stock.

I have used the slow cooker 10/12hr on low.

I save all backs & wing tips,then simmer them.

I found out that to not have mush noodles ,cook them separate & add soup to them.

I also have used just the breast meat to stock with veggies.

I do not like turkey soup.. Mad 

Horray! Barb. I can't even stand the smell of the soup cooking.
The kids and Tina love it.
I call it Carcass soup!

11How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Empty Re: How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:54 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I would like to hear about beef and other soups and stews, but I don't want to mix the soups! LOL

I looked for a Soups And Stews Thread? But couldn't find it!

It's probably there, and I just can't see it.

12How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Empty Re: How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:49 pm

JanaAZ

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Wow! This is great! I'm learning different ways to make and flavor soup.
I like the Imeldas spices. I will juggle the ingredients and try them.

JanaAZ .... I always make the Matzo Balls in Tina's soup, and I will make little meatballs and cook them in the soup also.

Beth! I like that 250º oven idea! Hmmm! The wheels are spinning! LOL

I know a lot of people make them in the soup. I do not. I make some broth using chicken base, then cook my matzo balls in that broth. That way I don't change the clear color of my soup. I know, I'm anal as hell....but you all knew that  Wink 

13How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Empty Re: How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:21 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

It was so funny at dinner tonight ~ the ladies I went with were discussing frozen egg noodles, asking if anyone knew the name of "those thick frozen noodles".....and then they asked me. I said, "yes, I know the brand but I prefer making my own".

The look on their faces was hilarious (to me) because they looked at me as if I had 2 heads! None of them, except for my friend Barb, had ever made noodles. I explained they are not difficult, I make them for just a couple servings....easy and quick and, no, they do not have to be hung to dry, yada, yada, yada.

For the record, the frozen brand they were trying to think of is Ream's frozen egg noodles. Personally, I think the frozen noodles end up being too thick & gooey when cooked. But maybe it's just me.

14How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Empty Re: How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:08 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:It was so funny at dinner tonight ~ the ladies I went with were discussing frozen egg noodles, asking if anyone knew the name of "those thick frozen noodles".....and then they asked me.  I said, "yes, I know the brand but I prefer making my own".

The look on their faces was hilarious (to me) because they looked at me as if I had 2 heads!  None of them, except for my friend Barb, had ever made noodles.  I explained they are not difficult, I make them for just a couple servings....easy and quick and, no, they do not have to be hung to dry, yada, yada, yada.

For the record, the frozen brand they were trying to think of is Ream's frozen egg noodles.  Personally, I think the frozen noodles end up being too thick & gooey when cooked.  But maybe it's just me.

Tina will make noodles if she makes dough for pirogies.

The only noodles I will not eat, is egg drop noodles. She loves them.

15How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Empty Re: How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:43 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

I usually take a whole chicken, cut it up into pieces. I then brown the pieces in a little oil, remove them from the pot, add a cut up onion, brown it, add the chicken back into the pot, turn the heat down to low, cover the pot, sweat the meat for 20 minutes. I add water, carrots, celery, bay leaf, garlic, peppercorns and simmer for about 1-1/2 hours. After the first 30 minutes I remove the breasts and set them aside and shred the meat. After the 1-1/2 hours I strain the stock. I toss in fresh carrots, onions, celery, bay leaf, and some fresh thyme sprigs and simmer for another 30 mins. I add my noodles and simmer till they are done. I toss in the shredded chicken. It is a basic chicken soup. It does jell when chilled. If I want fancy I use another seasoning mix.

16How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Empty Re: How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:13 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I usually take a whole chicken, cut it up into pieces. I then brown the pieces in a little oil, remove them from the pot, add a cut up onion, brown it, add the chicken back into the pot, turn the heat down to low, cover the pot, sweat the meat for 20 minutes. I add water, carrots, celery, bay leaf, garlic, peppercorns and simmer for about 1-1/2 hours. After the first 30 minutes I remove the breasts and set them aside and shred the meat. After the 1-1/2 hours I strain the stock. I toss in fresh carrots, onions, celery, bay leaf, and some fresh thyme sprigs and simmer for another 30 mins. I add my noodles and simmer till they are done. I toss in the shredded chicken. It is a basic chicken soup. It does jell when chilled. If I want fancy I use another seasoning mix.

bugster...that bay leaf I have to try. Sounds good!

I like peppercorns , and sometimes I put a bunch of them in one of those tea balls with the chain and the hook so I can hook it on the pot edge.

I don't throw the used peppercorns away. I grind them while they are soft with the morter and pestal and use the slurry in my Italian meat balls.
Or, I put creamcheese on a bagel, and spread the peppercorn paste on top the cheese. Ummmm! I love black pepper.
I drink coffee sometimes with fresh grind of pepper. Gives it a zing.
Especially if I have the sniffles or a sore throat from a cold.

Right now I am up...it's 2:12 here, with GERD. I went to bed at around 11:00, and I guess the three egg omelet created havoc in my stomach. LOL
Time for another Tums.

17How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Empty Re: How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:41 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I just thought of another "tip" an older Jewish lady taught me about chicken soup.....although I know you, Jimmy, don't like yellow soup stock....

If you use the firm yellow winter onions leave the skins on and drop them into the stock whole. The yellow skins of the onion help color the stock and make it that rich golden color.

She also said once all the vegetables had given up their goodness in the soup to always remove them and strain it and then, after defatting, start your soup with fresh vegetables.

I really like Jana's idea of adding some fresh dill to the soup at the end. Amazing flavor.

(re: gerd at night, Jimmy ~ most possibly from eating late and then laying down before the meal has a chance to digest. If you eat after 8 or 9 at night you will feel better if you stay upright for at least a few hours, even if it's sitting up in a chair. Just a suggestion....)

18How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Empty Re: How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:51 am

JanaAZ

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Bugster2 wrote:I usually take a whole chicken, cut it up into pieces. I then brown the pieces in a little oil, remove them from the pot, add a cut up onion, brown it, add the chicken back into the pot, turn the heat down to low, cover the pot, sweat the meat for 20 minutes. I add water, carrots, celery, bay leaf, garlic, peppercorns and simmer for about 1-1/2 hours. After the first 30 minutes I remove the breasts and set them aside and shred the meat. After the 1-1/2 hours I strain the stock. I toss in fresh carrots, onions, celery, bay leaf, and some fresh thyme sprigs and simmer for another 30 mins. I add my noodles and simmer till they are done. I toss in the shredded chicken. It is a basic chicken soup. It does jell when chilled. If I want fancy I use another seasoning mix.

bugster...that bay leaf I have to try. Sounds good!

I like peppercorns , and sometimes I put a bunch of them in one of those tea balls with the chain and the hook so I can hook it on the pot edge.

I don't throw the used peppercorns away. I grind them while they are soft with the morter and pestal and use the slurry in my Italian meat balls.
Or, I put creamcheese on a bagel, and spread the peppercorn paste on top the cheese. Ummmm! I love black pepper.
I drink coffee sometimes with fresh grind of pepper. Gives it a zing.
Especially if I have the sniffles or a sore throat from a cold.

Right now I am up...it's 2:12 here, with GERD. I went to bed at around 11:00, and I guess the three egg omelet created havoc in my stomach. LOL
Time for another Tums.

That's a really good idea on re-using those peppercorns. I'll have to try that.

19How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Empty Re: How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:21 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I just thought of another "tip" an older Jewish lady taught me about chicken soup.....although I know you, Jimmy, don't like yellow soup stock....

If you use the firm yellow winter onions leave the skins on and drop them into the stock whole.  The yellow skins of the onion help color the stock and make it that rich golden color.  

She also said once all the vegetables had given up their goodness in the soup to always remove them and strain it and then, after defatting, start your soup with fresh vegetables.

I really like Jana's idea of adding some fresh dill to the soup at the end.  Amazing flavor.

(re: gerd at night, Jimmy ~ most possibly from eating late and then laying down before the meal has a chance to digest.  If you eat after 8 or 9 at night you will feel better if you stay upright for at least a few hours, even if it's sitting up in a chair.  Just a suggestion....)

I would be ok with the yellow skins in the soup.

Tina always uses fresh dill in her chicken soup.

The sour stomach has been always with me. It eased up for a while, but it has come back again. That's my problem. If I eat after 7 I have a hard time completing a full digestion. I think that three egg omelet with fried mushrooms and cheese that I had for supper, had a lot to do with it.
Eggs are gassy for me.

BTW... Mary's Husband (deceased now) used to make some kind of hard boiled eggs, and wrap them with onion skins, and then put them in a tissue wrap and in vinegar to age. The eggs would come out colored from the yellow skins, and look just like marble.
I don't know if it was Chinese, or Japanese recipe or tradition?

20How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Empty Re: How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:37 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

I pretty much do what Bugster does when I make chicken soup.

I don't have a crockpot but here's a good recipe for a crockpot chicken soup. I do agree with using the fat and skin, though, to make a tasty stock. Then chill it and remove the fat. I'll post this for those with a crockpot...

Frank’s N’Awlins Homestyle Chicken Soup
Recipe from Frank Davis, New Orleans.

Ingredients:
1 large whole fryer
1 cup diced onions
1/2 cup diced celery
1/2 cup minced parsley
4 cloves minced garlic
1 cup chopped carrots
3 bay leaves
1 tsp. poultry seasoning
4 quarts bottled water
12 oz. soup or broad egg noodles
2 Tbsp. butter
1 cup sliced onion rings
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup diced carrots
1/4 cup creamed sherry
Dash Tabasco Sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
Green onions for garnish

Directions:
First, take the chicken and wash it thoroughly – that means both inside and out! Remove the giblets, scrub out the internal cavity under cold running water, and scrape away anything that doesn’t look edible. But do not remove the chicken skin or any of the fat! You need the skin to make a rich stock.

Next, take a crock pot and place the chicken and giblets into it. Then drop in the cup of diced onions, the half-cup of diced celery, the half-cup of minced parsley, the four cloves of minced garlic, the cup of chopped carrots, the three bay leaves, the teaspoon of poultry seasoning, and two quarts of the water. Then, with a spoon, evenly distribute the seasoning mixture around the chicken, turn the crock pot to high, and cook for at least six hours (or better still, overnight). Remember, the longer you cook, the richer the base stock and the more tender the chicken.

While the chicken is slow-cooking, it’s a good time to prepare your noodles. Go ahead and boil them according to the package directions…but do not cook them until done! Keep in mind that you’re going to drop them into a soup, so you want them to be al dente (firm), otherwise they’ll turn to a pure mush by the time you eat them. Furthermore, you want a small percent of the starch in the noodles to cook into the soup to thicken it slightly – if you cook the noodles all the way, the soup consistency will be flat and thin.

After the noodles are cooked, butter them slightly and set them aside.

When the chicken is tender, take a set of tongs or a strainer spoon, remove it from the crock pot (it may tend to fall apart, but that’s okay), and set it on a platter to cool. At this point, strain out all the seasoning vegetables from the stock, place the stock into a metal bowl, and place the bowl into the refrigerator or freezer until the chicken fat congeals (which should take about an hour). Meanwhile, pick the chicken off the bones and, with a sharp knife, chop it into bite-size pieces.

Then, in a heavy 12-inch skillet, melt the butter and sauté the sliced onions, the mushrooms, and the carrots until they’re tender. Then drop in the chopped chicken meat. And over medium-low heat, cook it into the vegetables for about 10 minutes.

While the chicken and veggies are sautéing, remove the chicken stock from the refrigerator, skim off all the fat, and place the skimmed stock into a soup pot, along with the remaining two quarts of water. At this point, you should season the soup stock to taste with salt and pepper.

Now drop in the sautéed chicken, mushrooms, onion rings and diced carrots – along with the sherry, the Tabasco, and the noodles – and bring everything to a slow boil…but as soon as it comes to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer the soup for about 90 minutes to allow all the flavors to thoroughly blend.

When you’re ready to eat, ladle out heaping helpings of the piping hot soup into bowls, garnish with a sprinkling of thinly sliced green onions, and serve with crunchy saltines. I promise you it’ll be the best chicken noodle soup you ever had!

Chef’s Notes: If you don’t have a crock pot, you can use a heavy, deep stock pot instead. Just be sure you turn the fire down to a slow simmer to cook the chicken and make the stock.

If you use the overnight cooking method, cook the chicken in the stock about six hours, remove the chicken meat from the bones when it’s done, put the bones and the fat back into the stock, and continue to cook the bones and fat overnight. This gives you the most flavorful chicken soup of all!

21How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Empty Re: How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:47 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Yours sounds better than mine. Mine is from C.I. I made a batch yesterday and was not happy with it. Everyone thought it was good but I thought it tasted like the smell of sour mop. Chicken and turkey have a tendency to throw off that taste. I will give your recipe a try next time.

22How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Empty Re: How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:06 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Yours sounds better than mine. Mine is from C.I. I made a batch yesterday and was not happy with it. Everyone thought it was good but I thought it tasted like the smell of sour mop. Chicken and turkey have a tendency to throw off that taste. I will give your recipe a try next time.

Bugs...that's the smell and taste I cannot stand in chicken soup.

BTW... to each their own, but Tina likes gizzards and necks in her chicken soup.
Smells like what is on the floor of chicken brooders. Ughhh!

One example, is someone (I won't mention names ) will scramble eggs in a saucer, and then fry / cook the eggs, and when the eggs are cooked, this person will put the eggs in the dish that the scrambling was done in, and eat the eggs. What a smell. I ask,"Why did you not clean the dish out first?"
answer = "I was taught to never waste, and there is a lot of egg on that saucer!" Yack!!!
I could smell that dish just being in the area. It Stinks!

23How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Empty Re: How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:17 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

They are risking salmonella too. I can't stand the smell of raw eggs either. Back when I was in high school I read somewhere that putting eggs in your hair would make it really soft. I did just that. What a slimey mess. I rinsed it out in the shower under hot water and cooked the egg in my hair. What a stink! I washed and washed and still couldn't get rid of the smell. It took a few more showers before I smelled ok. Phew!

24How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Empty Re: How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:38 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:They are risking salmonella too. I can't stand the smell of raw eggs either. Back when I was in high school I read somewhere that putting eggs in your hair would make it really soft. I did just that. What a slimey mess. I rinsed it out in the shower under hot water and cooked the egg in my hair. What a stink! I washed and washed and still couldn't get rid of the smell. It took a few more showers before I smelled ok. Phew!

I'm sorry this is Off Topic, but bugs....
The absolute worst smell that lasted for at least a week in the house, was when one day, Tina put 6 eggs in water on the stove for Hard Boiled eggs, and she and her friend were in the front yard talking and shootin the breeze, when all of a sudden Tina said, I smell a gas leak.
Well It was the eggs. The water all boiled out, and the eggs turned black and smoked up, and burst and blew out of the pan and all over the kitchen.
The furniture and drapes and whatever all absorbed the putrid fowl and I even dreaded to come home from work and have to smell it.
It was disgusting!!

25How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Empty Re: How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:37 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Hahahahaha!

Oh, I'm sorry.....that wasn't funny.

How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? 911454047 How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? 2876911673 How Do YOU Make Chicken Soup? 2876911673 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum