Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need new hand mixer

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Need new hand mixer Empty Need new hand mixer Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:58 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

My old KA bit the dust. Is there anything better out there?

2Need new hand mixer Empty Re: Need new hand mixer Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:35 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I am looking too.They all have bad reviews.I have been looking & looking. I think I will just buy a Hamilton Beach ,cheapo & when it goes I will not be out $80.Or $50 or $70 lol

I won't be buying a KA or Cuisinart .If I could find one that had great reviews I would buy it.

I want a breadmaker too.??????

3Need new hand mixer Empty Re: Need new hand mixer Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:56 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We go through hand mixers as much as Carter has liver pills...
No more 50.00 ones with 6 speeds and yadda yadda yadda,
We just buy a kitchenaid or Cuisinart 3 speed run of the mill mixer; and refurbished ones too.
They get such abuse fron DD and DW it's teeth grinding.

They will mix until the thick batter and butter way too cold, strains the heck out of the mixer, and motor windings are so hot that they start to burn and smoke.

The last mixer was a refurbed factory one for 19.99 and free shipping through ebay. 2- 1/2 years now, and still working strong with no issues.

4Need new hand mixer Empty Re: Need new hand mixer Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:32 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I picked up my mixer at Walmart a few days ago.. I'll try it next week, it's hand and standing mixer and only cost me $20.. I would not spend more than that..

I got one ( no idea what the brand was) at a garage sale for $10 few years back and yesterday I sold it for $7.. I and Vicky had garage sale yesterday.. I made about $200 for my junks ( well.. some of them brand new stuffs, gifts that I did not want or need).. I sold my 6 qt crock pot for $10, I bought it 7 years ago for $19.99.. and now I'm going to buy a bigger one 7 qt.. I saw one Crock Pot at Walmart I wanted, $20 for 7 qt, hopefully they are still on sale ( it was Cyber Monday price).. I don't need many settings one, 3 settings ( low, high and warm) are enough for me.. I had to make sure I sold my old one before I buy a new one, right? Too bad.. my Cuisinart FP/blender was not sold.. I need/want a new one
Laughing 

5Need new hand mixer Empty Re: Need new hand mixer Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:56 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

It doesn't matter what brand it is they all have bad reviews. I ended up buying a Cuisinart because people said it was much more powerful than the KA's. They are right. It leaves my KA in the dust. Now I get to see how long it will last. My KA lasted 15 years.

6Need new hand mixer Empty Re: Need new hand mixer Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:37 am

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I used my new mixer, with that price I think I like it.. I  used it to beat eggs and butter then used the hook to mix the flour in... it works well.. I know it will last long as I wont use it a lot  Laughing and I like the glass bowl too

7Need new hand mixer Empty Re: Need new hand mixer Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:17 pm

LisaSD

LisaSD

I never use a hand mixer. My Sunbeam stand mixer is light and easy to use and has a light on the underside which lights up the bowl. Really nice!

I have a brand new Kitchen Aid Professional Mixer that I've had for probably 5 years and have never used because my kitchen counters don't have the height and clearance and I keep thinking that SOMEday, I'm gonna remodel...sigh.

But for now...Sunbeam works great!

8Need new hand mixer Empty Re: Need new hand mixer Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:20 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I got a cuisinart hand mixer.It sure is a lot heavier then my old sunbeam that is for sure.Might make a cake today just to try it out..

9Need new hand mixer Empty Re: Need new hand mixer Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:15 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

LisaSD wrote:I never use a hand mixer.  My Sunbeam stand mixer is light and easy to use and has a light on the underside which lights up the bowl.  Really nice!

I have a brand new Kitchen Aid Professional Mixer that I've had for probably 5 years and have never used because my kitchen counters don't have the height and clearance and I keep thinking that SOMEday, I'm gonna remodel...sigh.  

But for now...Sunbeam works great!

I primarily use the hand mixer for fudge and whipping small amounts of cream. It is too hard on my arm to try and mix in marshmallow cream and chips so I always use a hand mixer in the hot liquid. I have two stand mixers: one I keep out on the counter which I use weekly and another in storage which I use for large batches of dough or bread.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum