Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Target ad Party

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Target ad Party Empty Target ad Party Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:28 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

this chic is having a party & is getting her food ready..She puts something on wedge of blue cheeses,Looks to me like HONEY.Huh..

Now I like fruit with cheese,cranberry,Honey mustard with smoked swiss.Honey on blue,never had that..Anyone??

2Target ad Party Empty Re: Target ad Party Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:35 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I think Ina's done that....

Puts her English Stilton or Wisconsin Rocofort (sp?) on a fig leaf on her cheese tray, drizzles with honey and serves with walnuts and dried apricots.

although, to be honest, I usually just tune-out when she does the cheese segments.

(And when she makes her 47 cheese mac & cheese and says, "Nobody would not like this", I yell back to her, "I would NOT like that ~ YUCK!")

3Target ad Party Empty Re: Target ad Party Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:16 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

lol I need to go look.I make mac & cheese that way myself. Not for the kids tho,it has blue cheese in it. Target ad Party 3593629538  Target ad Party 2599281016 

4Target ad Party Empty Re: Target ad Party Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:25 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

"Gaggggggg!"

Target ad Party 2876911673 

5Target ad Party Empty Re: Target ad Party Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:04 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

http://cheese.about.com/od/cheeseplatters/a/cheese_honey.htm

sooooooooooooooooo doing this.Beth won't be joining me Laughing 

6Target ad Party Empty Re: Target ad Party Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:23 am

thesweetestpea

thesweetestpea

They actually sell "cheese honeys" and I think I once saw them on the Cooking.com store site.

7Target ad Party Empty Re: Target ad Party Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:16 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

There were only a few cheeses I knew of and grew up with. Sliced yellow and white American, Mozzarella / provolone / Locatelli Romano / and sometimes Blue Cheese.

One weekend, My Brother came up from Baltimore with a pie shaped Brie Cheese and with sections of toppings / Raisins / blueberries / walnuts / poppyseeds.

He said, "Jim Heat the oven to 200º, and just stick this in for a few minutes till the cheese just gets warmed.

He set it out, and we dipped crackers whilst we drank oodles of wine. Tina liked it, but was peeling off the crust coating which IS Edible. I love that crust. It was so good, and I never had anything like it in my whole life.

Brother said it was expensive, and I find out now, a ring 12 inches in diameter and 1 inch high, must have cost him a fortune.

8Target ad Party Empty Re: Target ad Party Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:22 pm

thesweetestpea

thesweetestpea

I bought a very expensive Brie, at the Murray's Cheese kiosk in Kroger's deli last week. It was out of date on the day I bought it and it was only $3.49. We let it come to room temperature and spread it on crackers and it was so creamy and rich.

9Target ad Party Empty Re: Target ad Party Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:44 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

thesweetestpea wrote:I bought a very expensive Brie, at the Murray's Cheese kiosk in Kroger's deli last week.  It was out of date on the day I bought it and it was only $3.49.  We let it come to room temperature and spread it on crackers and it was so creamy and rich.  
Good Buy for sure Pea.

DD hates when I purposely call it BRYYYY instead of BREEE!

10Target ad Party Empty Re: Target ad Party Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:19 pm

thesweetestpea

thesweetestpea

Oh no Jimmy, you're a New Joisy redneck. LOL

11Target ad Party Empty Re: Target ad Party Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:41 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

thesweetestpea wrote:Oh no Jimmy, you're a New Joisy redneck.  LOL  
I live in Jersey Pea, But I was born, and raised a Pennsylvanian red neck first.

Now...That's a Red Neck!

12Target ad Party Empty Re: Target ad Party Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:58 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Nah, Jimmy, with all the coal mines, you're a "blackneck".....not a redneck.

13Target ad Party Empty Re: Target ad Party Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:54 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Nah, Jimmy, with all the coal mines, you're a "blackneck".....not a redneck.
You hit the nail right on the head!
Yep! We're coal pickers / crackers all right!

Most kids wrote with chalk on the sidewalks.
We wrote with a hunk of coal. LOL:lol: 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum