Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

how many grill pans do you have?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1how many grill pans do you have? Empty how many grill pans do you have? Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:00 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I had 2 heavy as heck CI & they smoked up the house no matter what.I gave then to DD.she has the same prob & won't use them either.

So I decided I wanted a less heavy one.what I see is a couple ,,,much lighter,BTW.However one has very small ridges & the other one has higher ridges.They are $40.Yet CI lodge are only $20.

Oh & I saw one that was enameled.???

confused confused

2how many grill pans do you have? Empty Re: how many grill pans do you have? Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:16 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I have Zero....

Well, wait, I have one but it's only used on my gas grill outside, flat-top type for butter burgers I can squish on the hot griddle for that diner like crust.

Inside grill pans spatter all over my stove top and I hate all that mess. Not worth the mess to me.

3how many grill pans do you have? Empty Re: how many grill pans do you have? Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:27 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I am getting one for making grilled sandwiches. Panini's..
My electric one is hit or miss.it has to many hot spots too.I am not spending over $100 for another one.I have a George F but it is just ok nothing like a real panini maker.

I did grill on my weber q but whoa I had to stand there & watch it get burned lol. I need to more pay more attention to that.

CI or ? seems the better way to go.

4how many grill pans do you have? Empty Re: how many grill pans do you have? Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:38 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I would think cast iron would be the way to go - even heat and holds the heat well.

5how many grill pans do you have? Empty Re: how many grill pans do you have? Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:58 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

lol after reading reviews & from my own issues of all the smoke I may just forget about it & get another panni maker..how many grill pans do you have? 1838020472 

how many grill pans do you have? 2855670339 

6how many grill pans do you have? Empty Re: how many grill pans do you have? Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:07 pm

JanaAZ

I have 2 reversible ones (grill/griddle), 1 Le Creuset which I absolutely love, and several Cuisinart Panini presses. Depending upon what I need to do, I love them all.

The reversible ones do smoke more than the others. Your kitchen vent fan should take care of that.

As far as the Panini presses, they smoke a little, too. Not much. I only use them for paninis but I know of people who use them for indoor grilling.

7how many grill pans do you have? Empty Re: how many grill pans do you have? Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:22 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I have the cuisinart & it really is not all great.I have had my eye on the Breville but it is kinda overpriced for sure.
I know the big mixer has really really bad reviews.

I see one at Sur la tab,priced much lower then William & Sonoma.I need to check out amazon..

http://www.surlatable.com/product/PRO-648584/Breville-Panini-Duo-Press

8how many grill pans do you have? Empty Re: how many grill pans do you have? Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:42 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I have a square non-stick All Clad. When I want a panini I just pull out my bacon press. It isn't a good way if you have more than one sandwich. Someone out there makes a grill pan with a press that fits the whole pan. I owned the griddler and thought it was a PITA, so I gave it away to my sister who, after a while, gave it to her daughter.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum