Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

happy anniversary

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1happy anniversary Empty happy anniversary Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:22 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

happy anniversary 1377235_629242887125783_948380909_n

47 years married.Jacque & Gloria.

2happy anniversary Empty Re: happy anniversary Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:37 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Aren't they lovely?

It doesn't even make me jealous....I hope she isn't upset I still have a huge crush on HER husband !

And to think they've only been married a couple years longer than Mr. Amazing and me.

3happy anniversary Empty Re: happy anniversary Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:34 pm

thesweetestpea

thesweetestpea

Larry and I celebrated our 23rd last month and my parents will have their 60th in November. It doesn't seem possible, but I just turned 59 last month -- born 9 1/2 months after their wedding. LOL

4happy anniversary Empty Re: happy anniversary Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:43 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

My grandson was born 9 months and 8 days after the wedding.....

DD's dress was so snug when she bought it, with no room for alterations, so I was pretty certain she'd just wait....

Heck, she even stopped drinking beer for 3 weeks before the wedding because it always caused her to retain more weight than she wanted (a few extra pounds on a 92# frame is noticeable to a girl).

5happy anniversary Empty Re: happy anniversary Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:36 pm

Niagara Visitor

Is that Jaques Pepin in the photo, or a look alike???

We celebrated our 51st. anniversary on Oct. 13. Sadly, it was in a nursing home. You may remember me from the old cooking.com forum as Niagarahost. Things have not gone well, my husband has a debilitating, terrible disease called Progressive supranuclear Palsy. Or PSP. It has Parkinson-like symptoms as well as those of ALS and some others. Relatively rare, no real treatments are available, and no cure. We are all trying to cope, but are devastated.

We had many good years, so I try not to complain. But, it's hard.

6happy anniversary Empty Re: happy anniversary Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:48 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Niagarahost - so good to see you are able to visit. You've been in my thoughts & prayers, as well as your husband and sons. If you need to complain, it's perfectly OK with me and you can vent all you want right here in the forum. We're here to support you and whatever you want to say here will be said to friends....

Being married for 51 years, and so many good ones, is an accomplishment not many can admit to.

Belated congratulations to you both!

7happy anniversary Empty Re: happy anniversary Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:16 pm

Niagara Visitor

Thanks. If you have room in your prayers, I could use someone to come here with a pail full of $$$$, $550,000, to be exact who wants to buy this place. Then I can move into a condo closer to where Dieter is, have no snow to shovel or grass to cut!

8happy anniversary Empty Re: happy anniversary Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:20 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'll add that to my list for you, Lore!

I am very happy Dane & I took the plunge last December and bought our small villa. He'll be retiring in February and will be here with me then. Of course, when he gets here and starts taking up what has become MY personal space I'll probably start to complain about that.....

9happy anniversary Empty Re: happy anniversary Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:25 pm

Niagara Visitor

I am on pins and needles at the moment, waiting. I put in an offer on a condo on the 12th floor of a building. Only one very large bedroom, two bathrooms (It used to be a two bedroom unit). I have not sold the farm, but this place is PERFECT. There's not a thing that has to be done. It is close to where hubby is, so the drive in the winter will be easier. I surely have enough furniture and kitchen things so that I would be able to stay there when the weather is bad.

10happy anniversary Empty Re: happy anniversary Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:41 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Having a view from the 12th floor is beautiful, I'll bet !

I can't tell you how nice it is to have a place to sit and have it so peaceful and quiet. I'm sure you will find you are able to relax and get rest in a much smaller place where you don't have to constantly worry about work that needs to be done all the time.

11happy anniversary Empty Re: happy anniversary Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:49 pm

Niagara Visitor

Besides the fact that this place is too big and too expensive, going to spend time with my husband every day really cuts into the day. So, being much closer is what I need. We had planned to sell here anyway, so I am looking forward to it. I will miss this place and our wonderful neighbours. 38 years in one spot is a lifetime. And, we have so much STUFF!

Little by little I am purging, selling a few things, our son Danny comes over with his buddies and they go "shopping" in the garage, the workshop, the barn etc., We seem to have two or three of everything. But, I have already given away 6 gas cans, and have 7 left! Hubby was in the masonry business for most of his working life. At one time he had three forklifts, 4 trucks on the road besides our personal vehicles, so 13 gas cans is not so ridiculous, right?

12happy anniversary Empty Re: happy anniversary Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:12 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Dane & I also lived in the same house for 38 years. Our youngest daughter and her son are going to be living there, Dane's camping out with them for right now until he retires.

We ended up having an auction to get rid of all our "stuff" - not something I would suggest as most went for much less than if we had taken the time to market and sell it ourselves. But, at the time it seemed the best route for us. Trying to deal with our daughter moving in and trying to get our unwanted items out of the way was more than I could handle on my own since Dane and Robin were working full time. But, like you, we told our kids to take whatever they wanted or could use but there was still an enormous amount of "stuff"....still useful but much unwanted by anyone.

13happy anniversary Empty Re: happy anniversary Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:48 pm

Niagara Visitor

I've thought about an auction. Still thinking about it. I had an offer on the place, people wanted to have me leave everything, tools, equipment etc., a seller's dream............... They want me to taake back a second mortgage at 3%. Not going to happen. I am not a bank.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum