Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dorie Greenspan

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dorie Greenspan  Empty Dorie Greenspan Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:53 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I just watched a Dorie Greenspan video on AOL....and  I know one of her cookbooks is in my near future.  The passion for baking is so evident in not only her words but the tone of her voice and the look on her face when she speaks.

2Dorie Greenspan  Empty Re: Dorie Greenspan Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:32 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Boy, ain't this Internet thing amazing? LOL

I've found multiple YouTube videos of Dorie, but frequently return to "my man, Jacques" because I love his teaching technique. I just watched his old deboning of the whole chicken and his video demonstrating the differences between a country omelette and a classic French rolled omelette. His ability to articulate the techniques as well as demonstrate at the same time is such fun to watch.

3Dorie Greenspan  Empty Re: Dorie Greenspan Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:57 pm

NormM

NormM

Jacques has always been one of my favorites too and those two video are classic Pepin.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

4Dorie Greenspan  Empty Re: Dorie Greenspan Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:20 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Jacques always reminds me of the "veg-o-matic" salesman at the county fair. He spent years and many hours practicing to make chopping vegetables look effortless....

Of course, Jacques isn't a film-flam artist, just an amazingly talented chef and teacher.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum