Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

LMAO.. oh sure

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1LMAO.. oh sure  Empty LMAO.. oh sure Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:39 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

let us make a burger with Kobe beef LMAO.. oh sure  2876911673  LMAO.. oh sure  940422454 

some great info there LMAO.. oh sure  2876911673 while you are at that,make sure you put lots of worcesterhire and or ketchup on it.LMAO.. oh sure  2876911673 

2LMAO.. oh sure  Empty Re: LMAO.. oh sure Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:46 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

If you want Kobe beef and can't afford the prices for massaged meat, go to a county fair and bid on a 4-H kid's steer. Bet when YOUR local butcher takes care of letting the carcass hang and age you will end up with the best freezer full of beef in your life.

3LMAO.. oh sure  Empty Re: LMAO.. oh sure Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:57 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

If you want Kobe beef

I don't. I think it is funny as he** that certain ppl(person)flings the word around like they eat it. LMAO.. oh sure  1838020472 

4LMAO.. oh sure  Empty Re: LMAO.. oh sure Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:06 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Well, it's not ME, that's for sure.

It's like when people talk about eating at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. Sorry, it may (or may not) be worth it. I'll never find out because there is no way I'll volunteer to pay the prices they advertise.

5LMAO.. oh sure  Empty Re: LMAO.. oh sure Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:57 am

NormM

NormM

Hamburger, noodles and beans does not appeal to me. I don't even like beans with rice so noodles sounded just weird.

Worcestershire sauce is good on a hamburger patty though.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

6LMAO.. oh sure  Empty Re: LMAO.. oh sure Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:05 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yeah, I've been touting my butter burgers for years...grated onion, grated butter and Worcestershire forked into my ground beef, then, for the best, grilled on a hot CI griddle on the grill (too much smoke for in the house).

Sure, most of the butter melts out but the meat cooks in it and it's SO good. Don't do it every time but it is good when you are feeling like making the additions.

7LMAO.. oh sure  Empty Re: LMAO.. oh sure Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:06 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I do not eat a lot of rice anymore,in fact hardly any, I am sad to say. I love it.I do like beans & rice. red beans.

My grand used to put rice under her navy beans.i think to make it go farther.

when my kids where small they liked that goulash, noodles & gd meat. No beans tho.My grands like it too. so I make for them.

I LOVE many many many beans in my chili..LMAO.. oh sure  2599281016 LMAO.. oh sure  2599281016 No rice on the bottom or pasta tho.

8LMAO.. oh sure  Empty Re: LMAO.. oh sure Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:08 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Worcestershire sauce burned on the pan LMAO.. oh sure  411572088 stinks.

9LMAO.. oh sure  Empty Re: LMAO.. oh sure Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:35 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

bethk wrote:Well, it's not ME, that's for sure.

It's like when people talk about eating at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.  Sorry, it may (or may not) be worth it.  I'll never find out because there is no way I'll volunteer to pay the prices they advertise.
Ruth's Chris used to be one of my clients when I was still in advertising. And please, missy, it's "Steak House" when you're talking about RC Steak House! Seriously, though, the steaks are very good (dry aged prime) but the steaks we buy from Gourment Butcher Block locally, seasoned with their special secret seasoning, are even better. When the owner is in the store I go to, he and his wife always laugh when I say, "You TOTALLY ruined Ruth's Chris for me and my husband, and they used to be my client!!!" Ruth Fertel was a sweet lady -- no pushover for sure, but a great lady. She died about 4 years ago, I guess. Lung cancer (another smoker, though she'd quit by then). Rich as all get out but you'd never know it, as she wore a silk blouse and nice pants every single day (blouse never tucked in). But when you looked at her hands, you could tell, as she loved nice stones. She'd often have stones flown into N.O. for her to look at! She hunted, too, and was quite good at it from what I heard. She also liked me, as I was the only Account Executive she ever let work on her account instead of my ex-boss, who now owns the RCSH franchises in San Antonio and in Toronto. They were such good friends that they built a near million dollar tomb together so they could be buried together. Ruth is in there waiting for Lana!

10LMAO.. oh sure  Empty Re: LMAO.. oh sure Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:59 pm

thesweetestpea

thesweetestpea

That's a great story -- I love to hear about successful ladies who made it on their own. We have a chocolatier here called Esther Price Fine Candies that are delicious and Mrs. Price was quite the lady. She was very good friends with a lot of the local inventors in the Dayton area -- Patterson, Deeds and the Wright Brothers. My grandma wanted to work for her as she loved the candy and you weren't allowed to take any home BUT it was all you could eat while you worked. LOL My grandma's hands were too hot to work with the chocolates, as they are all hand-dipped but Mrs. Price took a liking to grandma while she was being interviewed. So she hired my grandma to be her housekeeper and part-time cook. One day she made lunch for Orville Wright and she was thrilled. She loved that candy so much that my grandpa got her a 5 lb. box for her birthday and every holiday. She always got a huge pimple on the end of her nose with each box but she wore it like a badge of honor -- her Price's Pimple, she called it. Gosh, I miss my grandma so much!!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum