Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Guests/Lurkers

+3
Barbara101
bethk
Crybaby
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Guests/Lurkers Empty Guests/Lurkers Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:07 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

Last night late, someone from London was looking around this forum. Tonight, someone from the Netherlands was checking us out.

I do so love that little "who's online" option. When I'm up this late and no one else is around, I usually check out the map to see where the guests are from. And they're probably wondering, "Who's that crybaby chick who never shuts up?!"

2Guests/Lurkers Empty Re: Guests/Lurkers Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:41 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I, too, really like that feature....our own little "Big Brother" who watches everything.

Right now we have guests from France, Maryland and St. Louis. I love that I can tap on the screen and have it zoom in for a better idea of where the guests are connected to the Internet. We have another one in what looks to be San Jose who is on quite a bit.

3Guests/Lurkers Empty Re: Guests/Lurkers Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:12 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

they can only see the sign in page. If you are not a member you can not see what is posted.We are private.I wonder where they know us from.???To even come here..

4Guests/Lurkers Empty Re: Guests/Lurkers Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:53 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm not sure that is correct, Barb. I think they can see what is posted but cannot add posts without being registered, which you and I have the ability to approve or ban. If you log off and then return to the site you would be considered a guest. But I'm glad you have the keys to enter anytime you want!

So, if they are just entering the term(s) cooking - friends in a search engine, there is a chance our forum will show up in their search.

But it's ok for them to enjoy our chatter....we're a fun and friendly group!

5Guests/Lurkers Empty Re: Guests/Lurkers Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:32 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

bethk wrote:I'm not sure that is correct, Barb.  I think they can see what is posted but cannot add posts without being registered, which you and I have the ability to approve or ban.  If you log off and then return to the site you would be considered a guest.  But I'm glad you have the keys to enter anytime you want!

So, if they are just entering the term(s) cooking - friends in a search engine, there is a chance our forum will show up in their search.  

But it's ok for them to enjoy our chatter....we're a fun and friendly group!

Beth is right, we still can read the post even if we are logged out... sometime I got logged out automatically and could read the forum, although I could not get to the "View post since last visit" .. and I think it's okay, because if it were me, I'd like to know the forum better before I became a member

6Guests/Lurkers Empty Re: Guests/Lurkers Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:35 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

well I sure did not know that.My other forum on this network was marked private & no one could read anything but the log in page.. hummm.

7Guests/Lurkers Empty Re: Guests/Lurkers Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:13 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Whenever I check "who's online," they're always said to be looking at the index. I always think how boring that must be! After all, we're all so freaking interesting!!!

Guests/Lurkers 2876911673 

8Guests/Lurkers Empty Re: Guests/Lurkers Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:21 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

That darn Smiley.....makes me laugh every time.

And, YES, we are an amazing group!

Guests/Lurkers 2876911673 

9Guests/Lurkers Empty Re: Guests/Lurkers Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:26 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

I know. Barbara is totally responsible for my using that emoticon, as it makes me laugh every time she uses it.

Well, we may be amazing but interesting, I don't know....

10Guests/Lurkers Empty Re: Guests/Lurkers Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:40 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Crybaby wrote:I know. Barbara is totally responsible for my using that emoticon, as it makes me laugh every time she uses it.

Well, we may be amazing but interesting, I don't know....
Dad used to say," Kids who laugh and carry on during the day, will most certainly be crying when they go to bed at night!" ..... He was right!

11Guests/Lurkers Empty Re: Guests/Lurkers Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:38 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

there is one guest from Mountain View Ca lurking or viewing our sign on page every day a couple of the day. Wonder who this is.IDK.

I invited several other folks but none from there..Question 

12Guests/Lurkers Empty Re: Guests/Lurkers Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:52 pm

NormM

NormM

Where is Bugster from?

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

13Guests/Lurkers Empty Re: Guests/Lurkers Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:16 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:Where is Bugster from?
California... cannot remember the name of the town; but it was at the bottom of the mountain someplace. Like the mountains are all over.

14Guests/Lurkers Empty Re: Guests/Lurkers Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:27 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

bugs lives close to the ocean in Orange county..Santa Anna.This person lives somewhere north Of Santa Rosa.Question 

15Guests/Lurkers Empty Re: Guests/Lurkers Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:43 am

LisaSD

LisaSD

I think you are seeing the "bots" that troll the forums for information. Usually there are "stoppers" in place that prevent them from seeing the member's information. Bob Bally used to take care of all that on Cooking.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum